i should re-consider a culinary degree

beardo

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

NO... cook for yourself. Though the world of haute cuisine might go wanting without your frozen pizza w/ a side of exploded krylon recipie...

Seriously though, you look like you've gained at least 10 pounds since the last time I saw you so you must be getting food somewhere...

yeah, I was trying to be nice... but now you look like my little brother, AND THAT'S ON YOU MY MAN!

Lately I've been having an omlette everyday about now... sautee some onions, crisp up some bacon and toss shredded mexican cheese and a little salsa! BOING! Hmmm... now I'm looking at the stove...

anyone who loves to cook needs to actually do hard time in a restaurant kitchen before they sign off on it as thier new career

cooking is productive, fun, creative, meditative, etc etc etc ..until you get behind the line.

kitchens attract crazy people and ex cons, i used to work with coke fiends, dope heads, drunks, and guys who went back to jail when their shift was over.

i've had a gazillion shouting matches, haha one time i saw a waiter do a crazy dive through a line window past teh expediter to punch a cook on the other side

cooking professionally is a tough job with high burn out potential, no pun intended.

but yeah, good luck, if you love it, you love it

and i miss it sometimes.

Yeah it sounds like a hectic job. Also the hierarhcy in kitchens is meant to be pretty full on. When you get your entry level position expect to be blatantly treated like shit. Just make an independant and less gay verison of Jamie Oliver. Kind of like Wayne's world but with cooking.