1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

I really Need computer help

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by 8onus, May 11, 2004.

1. 8onus

8onus Banned

I really Need computer help

Discussion started by 8onus - May 11, 2004

so i got this recording session tomarrow right? but my music computer's motherboard died and i had to send it back.
    i have a laptop but it has windows XP and i my protools discs and Mbox are at my friends house who lives way out in the burbs. he's travellin now so i cant get them till next week.
    i am gonna use pro tools free instead. which dosn't work on XP.(plus right now my laptop is a mess soooo....

i am trying to downgrade from XP to 2000 professional. XP wont let me..how do i do this?

please if you can help i will be very grateful as i have to finish this soon because the artists i am working with and I are going to go on tour soon and this really needs to be done...help.

8onus - Rank: Banned - Messages:
  2. GnomeToys

GnomeToys 12oz Elite Member

GnomeToys - Replied May 11, 2004

You can't downgrade without formatting. You might be able to install 2000 as a second OS if you've got an extra partition on your drive or if your current partition is formatting with FAT32 or an older version of NTFS.

GnomeToys - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  3. Dick Quickwood

Dick Quickwood 12oz Loyalist

Dick Quickwood - Replied May 11, 2004

you can avoid reformatting by creating a new partition with a program such as Partition Magic, which is what i use.

Dick Quickwood - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  4. 8onus

8onus Banned

8onus - Replied May 11, 2004

i dont mind formatting this infested ass harddrive at all. thanks for the knowledge. if everything works out you'll hear from me in an hour or so.

5. 8onus

8onus Banned

8onus - Replied May 12, 2004

so i formated, it said my hd was damaged or corrupt, but it isn't. i tried doing it with the FAT system, what is the NTFS system and should i do that instead, there is a prize for who ever helps me through this.

6. Vanity

Vanity 12oz Veteran Member

Vanity - Replied May 12, 2004

i got around corrupted parts of a hard disk once by making a bunch of partitions around it.. that, or i defragmented and moved it away, then partitioned it or soemthing :krunk:

Vanity - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  7. 8onus

8onus Banned

8onus - Replied May 12, 2004

vanity, thank you sooo much.
    your prize is a "FREE JJ" t-shirt, its XL, got some stains on it(paint, food blood.. you know the usual) so AIM me if you really want it.
    capitalmixmonkey