I really Need computer help

8onus

so i got this recording session tomarrow right? but my music computer's motherboard died and i had to send it back.

i have a laptop but it has windows XP and i my protools discs and Mbox are at my friends house who lives way out in the burbs. he's travellin now so i cant get them till next week.

i am gonna use pro tools free instead. which dosn't work on XP.(plus right now my laptop is a mess soooo....

i am trying to downgrade from XP to 2000 professional. XP wont let me..how do i do this?

please if you can help i will be very grateful as i have to finish this soon because the artists i am working with and I are going to go on tour soon and this really needs to be done...help.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

You can't downgrade without formatting. You might be able to install 2000 as a second OS if you've got an extra partition on your drive or if your current partition is formatting with FAT32 or an older version of NTFS.

so i formated, it said my hd was damaged or corrupt, but it isn't. i tried doing it with the FAT system, what is the NTFS system and should i do that instead, there is a prize for who ever helps me through this.

Archived