i really dont know much about trains

cloner

..but i'd like to learn about the different types and shit, different kinds of cars or anything, i dont really feel like going to buy books or anything, so anyone have any links to anything helpful online?

thanks

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Nothing beats sitting down at your local mainline and benching...that will help you learn what's common to your area and from there you'll be able to start researching what's rolling by.

and while you're there, take flicks and post them in metal heads

Originally posted by fr8otech

Nothing beats sitting down at your local mainline and benching...that will help you learn what's common to your area and from there you'll be able to start researching what's rolling by.

and while you're there, take flicks and post them in metal heads

Ahh...the old fashioned way:king:

Originally posted by ghostvandal

our sucks, which reminds me that i still havent received my book hopping freight train in north america from amazon.com that i ordered 3 months ago :hatred: :hatred: :hatred: :hatred: :mad2: :mad2: :hatred:

thought that was out of print? I have a copy..but thought it was out of print a few months ago..Thats what I hate about places like that...You buy something, only to find out its not in stock.. ex: digital camera, amazon.com

• 3 weeks later...

alright so i dont know much about trains either so i figured i'd post this question here rather than start a new thread for it. ive been wandering around this yard quite a bit, and it is an extremely chill spot. The problem is all the cars layed up there are "home shopped" for repairs - most of them have these cards stapled to the sides of them saying whats wrong (broken door, leaky ceiling, etc). they also say when the cars were layed up, the furthest car back being from january, and some of the more recent ones being from a few weeks ago. even though they obviously wont be running immediately i havent painted many trains and it seems like a waste not to paint here considering how perfect this spot is. but im wondering if these cars are going to be buffed before they run again. is it unheard of for a car to be repaired and not cleaned or will my shit actually run if i paint one of these cars?

not to be a dick or nuthin, but seriously, the best way to learn about trains is to get your scope on. watch them shits...for years. there is nothing anyone on 12oz can tell you about your yard. some things in the rr industry are consistent. but still, every yard, every layup, every siding has its own unique little twist. read that yard saftey post at the top of this forum and then get to watching....

my 2 cents

Originally posted by snowkid

is it unheard of for a car to be repaired and not cleaned or will my shit actually run if i paint one of these cars?

eh, i wouldn't hit them, not only will they sit there for a while and give the workers a chance to recognize your shit and realize they were painted there in that yard...but theres a pretty good chance they'll get stamped if not completely buffed before the cars get released back into the wild.

Archived