i pray to allah that fallujah goes well...

mental invalid

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

when i see marines on tv i think of what da fuck.

he pops in now and again, it's been more infrequent lately.

this shits crazy.

story.insurgents.firing.ap.jpg

we need to get out of there like, yesterday.

i read that the insurgency is growing to the point that now, regular iraqis are joining up.

Guest BROWNer

meh, this offensive is gonna be pure carnage.

and symbols, would you not agree

regular iraqi's have been apart of the resistance

since the first day of bombing?

one thing i am happy about bush being relected and that is that the albatross of iraq will not be around the neck of a democratic president...

this is bushs war, and now he gets the chance to fix it...there cant be any, well if he had gotten elected to a second term bush coulda done better...

no bullshit 2nd guessing now, its his war, and his responsibility, he has 4 years to get it right and he can either have the roses or the thorns alone...

...maybe i'm too much of a pessimist...but all i see happening is the us over running the town, finding little to no organized resistance and claiming victory...only to have the insurgency pop up even stronger somewhere else...it just seems like a lose-lose situation...these attacks are just feeding recruits to the insurgency...i don't know about you guys, but i'd be pretty pissed if i was uder occupation...and i'd do my damndest to fight 'em too...

...at the same time however...i have quite a few friends over there...i just want this to magically end...it's just not right...

Yeah this could get real ugly real fast. I guess they have something like 100 suicide car bombers ready. Not only that but they are more effective fighters now. They have learned the hard way about our tactics and troop movements and even tank killing techniques.

And like porque said, the insurgency could easily melt away to resurface elsewhere as long as THEY have popular support. Also like porque said, if we continue to be viewed as unjust occupiers who indiscriminantly kill their people, then this would be like throwing gas on the fire as Kofi Annan said and only serve to build the insurgency. Only about half the residents left so there will be plenty of opportunity for innocents to be caught up in the mix.

i can't even imagine how much depleted uranium contamination is inside those soldier's bodies. as well as the native population's soil, water and their bodies.

why doesn't our media show these pictures for everybody to see? why are we shown the latest baseball scores but not the latest battlefield scores? why do we have to dig around on obscure internet websites to even find a non biased photojournalism or article? why why why.

Well noone REALLY benefits from world war. But given Bush's connection to defense industries I wouldn't put it past him.

Also we should consider that both the US and Germany came out of a depression as a direct result of WWII.

As long as more and more Muslims view this as a war against Islam, then this could escalate to world war. Antiamericanism is at an all time high.

Christianity vs Islam bush verses muslim terrorist of the week

world holy war

yay for religion

Originally posted by villain@Nov 9 2004, 06:53 PM

Well noone REALLY benefits from world war. But given Bush's connection to defense industries I wouldn't put it past him.

Also we should consider that both the US and Germany came out of a depression as a direct result of WWII.

As long as more and more Muslims view this as a war against Islam, then this could escalate to world war. Antiamericanism is at an all time high.

Christianity vs Islam bush verses muslim terrorist of the week

world holy war

yay for religion

why would people merely fight over beliefs and not have some other cause?

Originally posted by metallix@Nov 9 2004, 06:54 PM

It's not REALLY about belief. At least not to those making this war possible. Bush wants oil, Osama wants revenge etc... they talk about belief just to get honest hardworking folks to support their causes.

Originally posted by metallix@Nov 9 2004, 04:54 PM

see: The Crusades

1 entry found for crusades.

cru·sade Audio pronunciation of "crusades" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (kr-sd)

n.

1. often Crusade Any of the military expeditions undertaken by European Christians in the 11th, 12th, and 13th centuries to recover the Holy Land from the Muslims.

2. A holy war undertaken with papal sanction.

3. A vigorous concerted movement for a cause or against an abuse. See Synonyms at campaign.

-one step forward and 1000 years back.....

When we invaded Iraq and Fallujah turned out to be a big resistance point, I said we should surround them and not let anybody in or out until we have captured the resistance. We didn't.

Then, we attacked Fallujah again, months later, after they had spent months fortifying the place, and I said "The Marines should FLATTEN the city with artillery and air support, then go in and mop up whoever is left." We didn't, mainly because the Muslims all over creation were screaming to high heaven about the potential loss of life among the civilian population. The Mahdi Army wanted a cease fire. They were going to join the political process. They didn't.

Here we go again, only this time 85% of the civilian population has evacuated from Fallujah.

I say (again) that they should let the Marines and the Army DO THEIR JOB, and take that city down brick by brick. Any serious resistance from a neighborhood, back off the troops and bomb the terrorist positions until there is nothing there but dust and smoke.

I bet the sonsabitches show up again, a month from now, since every bleeding heart in the world is determined to let them slip out of the net. Idiots. Today the Europeans insist we allow them to retreat, next week they'll be car-bombing London and Paris.

shit i pray that fallujah goes smoothly too. got a lot of friends out there and the funny thing is while i was wactching tv comfortablly here in the states i just imagined my self in the shoes of those soldiers or the Iraqi people. just makes you think how privileged you are to be alive and how i'm able to go upon my simple life with my biggest worries being getting mugged or gas prices. I really hope this shit seriously falls through as planned cause this shit is no longer Bush's war. Sure he started it but whose gonna have to deal with it if it strecthes another 2 or 4 years?.I doubt the American people or our soldiers can take a another year of this. I mean if these guys can put up a resistance while we are there giving them hell whats gonna stop them from taking over once we leave or reduce our troops.