I need to speak with a CREW MEMBER A.S.A.P.

Intangible

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

its a zip attachment and with like one line of text too right? I think its some kind of virus. I've been getting the same thing from emails of people I know, here and there for a few days now. none of the people they come from sent anything (so they say), sounds like you got it too.

I have a mac, so when I get any kind of zip attachment it gets ignore or deleted. are you using eudora? I think it just clones the emails using your address list.

Originally posted by IntangibleFame

did the zip have a password?

and it was sent in the email?

I didnt see a line of text...but i know it installed something...i need to know how to get rid of it...and why was it sent from 12oz...

Originally posted by IntangibleFame

why was it sent from 12oz...

It wasn't. This new virus thats going around, comes from people you know, or on your contact list, but they didn't send it to you. Now your friends are probaly getting emails from you...

Originally posted by ares

It wasn't. This new virus thats going around, comes from people you know, or on your contact list, but they didn't send it to you. Now your friends are probaly getting emails from you...

why the fuck would people make a virus like this?

Because these infected emails show up in your inbox under the names of your contacts, meaning your more likely to open it, and infect your computer.

Theres also another virus going around similar to that one, where you get an email from someone on your contact list, saying you sent them an infected email, but again, this isn't the case. The email then infects your system, and sends emails to your contact list.

Guest BIGMETALCIRCUS

i got about 50 supposedly return emails from AOL that i never sent. came from the mailer-daemon, all had attachments, and all were deleted. i can't figure out if my acct was hacked or the mailer-daemon thing was a fraud.

word of warning as well kids, if you use outlook express/eudora or any other mail client on your pc, do not use a preview pane. close that shit. there are alot of email viruses that don't even need you to open the attachment, you just need to view the mail. if you have a preview pane and even click on the mail in the inbox to delete it, it gets viewed and you get screwed

Originally posted by BIGMETALCIRCUS

i got about 50 supposedly return emails from AOL that i never sent. came from the mailer-daemon, all had attachments, and all were deleted. i can't figure out if my acct was hacked or the mailer-daemon thing was a fraud.

its pretty basic to forge an email and make it look like its from whoever you want using telnet and the sendmail deal found on alot of servers.

iv done it from 12oz tons of times.

Guest imported_b0b
Originally posted by ares

It wasn't. This new virus thats going around, comes from people you know,

Sounds about right. The Netsky virus spoofs the address it has come from, in an attempt to cause confusion.

If you think that the zip file installed something you can check by going to:

http://www.symantec.com/region/reg_eu/index_eu.html

And click on the Symantec Secruity Check under the Community Center header.

For good, free anti-virus software go to:

http://www.grisoft.com

it has regular updates too

Originally posted by BIGMETALCIRCUS

mailer-daemon

This has always planted a picture in my head of some quasi human creature from the depths of hell sitting at a computer. "Hahahaha, silly human, this user no longer or never existed, hahahaha, taste the wrath of my return mail."

Originally posted by Hoblow

This has always planted a picture in my head of some quasi human creature from the depths of hell sitting at a computer. "Hahahaha, silly human, this user no longer or never existed, hahahaha, taste the wrath of my return mail."

you arent the only one. but what else would you think with a name like that....