Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

I need to buy your empty cans!

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell & Trade' started by indexdrums, Mar 3, 2015.

1. indexdrums

indexdrums New Jack

I recycle empty cans and turn them into percussion instruments. I've bought a few hundred cans from reddit, but they're a pretty flaky group, so I'm hoping you guys can hook it up. I've got plenty of rusto and krylon. I'm looking for Montana, Mtn, Bombing Science, ironlak, and the other brands that the average person probably doesn't know exist. They can be messy but not rusty. I'll pay $2/ea if you can get them shipped to Louisiana, USA. USPS Shipping is surprisingly cheap since they're so light.

If you have a box lying around, send a pic to indexdrums at gmail with your count and I'll check em out. I'm not a narc, I will not try to trace your tag, I'm going to throw all of these cans in a big pile and not remember who I bought them from.

I use mtn94 in my shop, but not enough of it to make the empties that I need, and there's really nowhere in town that I can get these, so I turn to the internet. Please help me out, save the planet, and make a few bucks to buy more paint.

If this is the wrong place to do this, I'm sorry, I couldn't think of anywhere else to try.

Thanks!

2. iloveboxcars

iloveboxcars 12oz Royalty

Why not contact the manufacturers directly and ask them about taking all the empties from a show they put on? Most people in CH.0 don't paint anymore anyway.

xen and agnosticblunt like this.
  3. Fist 666

Fist 666 Moderator Crew

Do you not have legal walls in Louisiana?

I'm torn as to whether or not I trust this thread. Do you have a link to more information on your drums?

4. Toiletseat

Toiletseat Senior Member

i have twenty nine milk cartons only half full with piss, the rest of the space can be utilized according to your personal wishes.

Taylor Perdue likes this.
  5. KILZ FILLZ

KILZ FILLZ Moderator Crew

Why the fuck would anyone hang onto empty cans? Let alone enough empty cans to make it worth their while to ship them to you?

instead of scavenging online, do some footwork and pick up the littered cans at a yard near you. Put in some fuckin work for those trendy graffiti drums you're gonna sell to hipsters.

Fuckin culture vultures man....

6. One Man Banned

One Man Banned Dirty Dozen Crew

This is going to take hipster drum circles to the next level man

7. breakfast menu

breakfast menu Member

um, goddamn. i'll sell you my empty cans so you can resell 'em on etsy or whatever
    what's your budget/deadlines/etc? i empty a fair amount ... 12oz and 16oz
    do want to see a web link for what you're claiming this is for.
    and i'm definitely not paying to ship a big crate of empty cans before receiving payment - sorry br0

Taylor Perdue likes this.
  8. indexdrums

indexdrums New Jack

Yeah North Louisiana is a street art desert, no active yards, no legal walls, etc. I get it, you're protective of the culture, sorry to impose. The truth is that these shakers sound incredible, an Mtn can is way more interesting than a quick color, and I'm not making any money on these. Just making them because I think they need to be made, and a couple of drummers in bands you've heard of agree. I'll leave you guys alone, carry on! I was never here!

9. Decyferon

Decyferon Moderator Crew

my city council recyclers pick up all my cans

10. CALIgula

CALIgula Moderator Crew

i left all my cans on the freeway.

11. aLBERThOFFMAN

aLBERThOFFMAN Senior Member

I got bins full. But shipping from Toronto to Louisiana would be hefty I'd imagine.

12. sollys19xx

sollys19xx New Jack

ey! i am publishing a book of label 228 stickers

13. SEKSE1

SEKSE1 New Jack

Very creative idea, thanks for recycling