I need some advice

AVOID PI 843

I saw the post by southern kid about whats up with freight yards. Ive got most of that, but i had a few more questions.

1. if there is a long row of clean trains, is it bad to hit every one of them? will that give a spot away?

2. Should I date pieces or stamps? I do, but I put them a month back.

3. How often is too often to paint the same spot?

Any input is appreciated.

AVOID-Southern Dreamer

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

considering Joe Steve's opinion of me, you might not take me seriously but....

1. hitting a whole line is retarded. you hit 3-6 freights, all in different styles with different colors (appearingly to the workers.) so that they dont notice. graff just looks like graff to a lot of them until it's the SAME piece OVER AND OVER AND OVER. (colors, lines, shapes, etc.)

2. date pieces on cars that move well. if you hit a spot that sits for 3 months, dont date it. they can check the car logs and find out (if they're not too lazy.) general rule: date by year, not month, and NEVER exact date. (ie: 10/10/02.)

3. i cant answer that, because it changed with every spot. you gotta go figure that out. how often does it flush? are there new cars everyday? a good idea is, if you think you're there too often, you are.

hope this helped.....

freight info

maybee this will help.. if your looking at sf freights and wondering how long they will be there and where they are going etc. look at the #s

example Train 1-983-24

the first # tells how hot the train is above the #is 1 so it probably will sit in the yards for a while where if you get a #9 as the first digit its hot as hell and probably will roll out quick.

the second# is where the freight is coming from this one is a #9 which is northern cali.

the third# isnt important.

the fourth#is the destination which is a#3 and that goes to kansas city

the last two #s arent important either.

if you need info on numbers to your state or city just post i have every departure and destination list to every yard in the states...

peace Ram

That last post is gonna confuse the hell out of some people. Not many heads are doing that level of research. For a less experienced head, you just need to be watching your spots a lot. Spend time there without paint, just bench or something, or at least check in often and see how often shit gets moved around. That should give you an idea of how much is too much.

S. Kid mostly nailed it, but just to back him up:

1. Yes, hitting every car is one of the best ways to give away a spot, next to leaving your empty cans on the ground. A worker sees the same fucking name on every car, he's gonna know what's up.

2. You don't need the damned month dating a piece...the year is plenty. I don't even know why people put the year. I sometimes put the year, sometimes not. Who cares, do what you want, but putting the day and month is severely retarded.

3. It's your spot, figure it out. DO YOUR HOMEWORK. You learn the train routines (how often it's switched, what stuff goes where) by watching operations there week in and week out, for months and years. No shortcuts.

Guest killtoy

1. only hit every car on the line at yards where people paint who you don't like.

2. always date it 1-3 years before it was actually done.

3. when you get chased out 5 times in one month, give it a break for a week.

:crazy: :D

Guest oldfaithful

cant say much more then to do your homework on your yard,walk the tracks your bound to find out alot more about your city as a whole by learning the local railways,especialy where you live! email me if your intrested,i come to your town twice a year , and you where in mine this summer(taggin diova) .any way there should be a chill spot around there somewhere.just keep lookin.

Archived