1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

I NEED LEGAL ADVICE

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by ~KRYLON2~, May 8, 2004.

1. ~KRYLON2~

~KRYLON2~ 12oz Loyalist

I NEED LEGAL ADVICE

Discussion started by ~KRYLON2~ - May 8, 2004

so basically i got fucked this weekend, me and my friend were snagged by the men in blue. long story short we bombed various billboards in the city of wind and we were about to go back to my friends car when a few squads pulled up. we led them on a 1 hour chase through backyards,alleys, and rooftops but we couldn't shake 'em. i saw my guy get cought so i went back to his car cuase he leaves an extra key in his glovebox but as soon as i hoped into his car i was swarmed by cops with no escape. so basically i got charged with 720 ILCS 5/21-1.3, i need to know what the fuck this means and how bad i am fucked. thanks for you help

by the way im from chicago, i dont know if the laws vary from city to city

~KRYLON2~ - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  2. Poop Man Bob

Poop Man Bob Dirty Dozen Crew

Poop Man Bob - Replied May 8, 2004

ยง 21-1.3. Criminal defacement of property.

(a) A person commits criminal defacement of property when the person knowingly damages the property of another without his or her consent by defacing, deforming, or otherwise damaging the property by the use of paint or any other similar substance, or by the use of a writing instrument, etching tool, or any other similar device.

(B) Criminal defacement of property is a Class A misdemeanor for a first offense if the damage to the property does not exceed $300. Criminal defacement of property is a Class 4 felony if the damage to property does not exceed $300 and the property damaged is a school building or place of worship. Criminal defacement of property is a Class 4 felony for a second or subsequent conviction or if the damage to the property exceeds $300. Criminal defacement of property is a Class 3 felony if the damage to property exceeds $300 and the property damaged is a school building or place of worship. In addition to any other sentence that may be imposed for a violation of this Section that is chargeable as a Class 3 or Class 4 felony, a person convicted of criminal defacement of property shall be subject to a mandatory minimum fine of $500 plus the actual costs incurred by the property owner or the unit of government to abate, remediate, repair, or remove the effect of the damage to the property. To the extent permitted by law, reimbursement for the costs of abatement, remediation, repair, or removal shall be payable to the person who incurred the costs. In addition to any other sentence that may be imposed, a court shall order any person convicted of criminal defacement of property to perform community service for not less than 30 and not more than 120 hours, if community service is available in the jurisdiction. The community service shall include, but need not be limited to, the cleanup and repair of the damage to property that was caused by the offense, or similar damage to property located in the municipality or county in which the offense occurred. If the property damaged is a school building, the community service may include cleanup, removal, or painting over the defacement. In addition, whenever any person is placed on supervision for an alleged offense under this Section, the supervision shall be conditioned upon the performance of the community service.

Poop Man Bob - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  3. mr.yuck

mr.yuck 12oz Veteran Member

mr.yuck - Replied May 8, 2004

If its the first offense it should get dropped to criminal mischief. B misdemeanor. 6 months probation. Get a lawyer and have him let the judge know you are indegent. You will not have to pay any fines or restoration. Holler back.

mr.yuck - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  4. metallix

metallix 12oz Elite Member

metallix - Replied May 8, 2004

YOU NEED A LAWYER!

[​IMG]

metallix - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  5. ~KRYLON2~

~KRYLON2~ 12oz Loyalist

~KRYLON2~ - Replied May 8, 2004

another thing is i have no priors so my question is how much community service do you think i'll get, and how big will the fine be?

6. mr.yuck

mr.yuck 12oz Veteran Member

mr.yuck - Replied May 8, 2004

mr.yuck - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  7. TURBOCAPSLOK

TURBOCAPSLOK 12oz Elite Member

TURBOCAPSLOK - Replied May 8, 2004

BETTER GET A LAWYER SON, BETTER GET A REAAAAAL GOOD ONE

TURBOCAPSLOK - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  8. Telo

Telo 12oz Elite Member

Telo - Replied May 8, 2004

Well heres the deal.. Chicago?? ehh sorry to hear that.. one of the worst penalty systems..

Do not speak or say anything without a lawyer present.

That is easily the BIGGEST thing people fuck up with.. trust me on this.. even the littlest shit you slide out and they pass off non-chalantly will come to haunt you in the end.

Telo - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  9. Fondles

Fondles 12oz Veteran Member

Fondles - Replied May 8, 2004

Fondles - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  10. ~KRYLON2~

~KRYLON2~ 12oz Loyalist

~KRYLON2~ - Replied May 8, 2004

i got charged 3 times with the same thing so does that make a difference

11. metallix

metallix 12oz Elite Member

metallix - Replied May 8, 2004

dood honestly your really fucked

3x times the charges means 3x more jail time

unless you wanna sit in jail.

call up whoever you can borrow whatever money you can

and get your ass a lawyer ASAP.

thats the only solution unless you wanna plead guilty and just take whatever they give you (which will fuck you till you die, cuz your record isnt going away)

get a lawyer
    get a lawyer
    get a lawyer
    get a lawyer

some of them take credit cards even

metallix - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  12. EyeforAnEYE

EyeforAnEYE 12oz Elite Member

EyeforAnEYE - Replied May 8, 2004

get a laptop and have PMB be your lawyer

*left out a word

EyeforAnEYE - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  13. 26SidedCube

26SidedCube 12oz Veteran Member

26SidedCube - Replied May 8, 2004

That hurts. I'd get that lawyer.

26SidedCube - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  14. 2 blaazed

2 blaazed New Jack

2 blaazed - Replied May 9, 2004

Bro, its real simple,get a razor,and kill yourself
    [​IMG]

2 blaazed - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  15. Vanity

Vanity 12oz Veteran Member

Vanity - Replied May 9, 2004

well, it aint THAT bad... sounds like they never saw you in the act. though, they might say they saw you in the report. if it just says they got a call, it'll be tough to prove it's you. only prob is that you were found in the car of your friend. just say that, while he was chased, he called you up to pick up his car. you should be fine.. as long as you kept your mouth shut, and your friend did. if you can get a real good lawyer, you'll get off scott free; if you are an adult, i reccommend spending the money... especially since you'll have to pay the restitution + fines, if convicted... though your boy pays half the rest if you're convicted. so, if you get off, and he doesn't... hit him back w/ some cash.

Vanity - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages: