I need help with my Laundry

meatlocker

So I have to do my own laundry from now on. I washed my whites on the setting that said "Whites" and all my shirts fucking shrunk a size and my socks are still half dirty. Any way to keep my shirts man sized and have cleaner socks? Is it alright to throw in bleach if some of the shirts have graphics on them? yay for gross incompetence.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

here's how i do laundry...

i throw whites, colors, and everything else in the same load, pour in the detergent, and just wash with cold water.

no hassle with separation and all that bullshit.... my whites never get dirty enought to where i would need to bleach them or anything like that. i don't get pit stains, and i rarely spill shit on myself, so my method works out nicely for me.

i know this was no help to you whatsoever.... sorry.

"whites" means anything thats NOT TOO DARK or that will leach colour...

SOCKS - soak then in hot water and soap first or put them on the "spin cycle" with some really hot water first... bleach will just ruin the socks and it will ruin ANY t-shirt with graphics on it....

to keep your clothes reletivley man sized you have to wash the loads in "warm" not "hot" water...

so

step 1: collect clothes

step 2: soak socks in hot water/soap OR hot water spin cycle

step 3: throw everything (including socks) into machine, NO bleach and the "warm water" cycle...

bing bam boom clean clothes

I'm suprised people have been so helpfull, I opened this thread expecting red arrows and breast requests. On a side note moving out of your parents house for the first time is generally a great experience. Don't worry about the laundry so much, Go make some friends and get drunk alot.

p.s HI FERMENTOR !

Originally posted by ChrisWalkenOner@Oct 14 2004, 04:10 PM

Damn man, I started doing my own laundry when I was 14. I can't stand having other people handle my clothes.

8 or 9 years old, holla!

hot anything=shrink.

the dye from new clothes can bleed onto lighter clothes even in cold water.

my personal wash system if i doing all my laundry, not just to get clean necessities:

white

light colors

dark colors

delicates

towels

i wash whites or towels last so the bleach doesnt get on anything i wear.

You have to be mega careful with that bleach. The residue can stay in your washing machine and jack your darks. I've ruined a couple nice pieces of clothing this way, and it sucks a lot. I reccomend woolite or bleachless detergent for everything except when your whites are dingy or stained.