I need computer help..PLEASE!!

Zack Morris

ok a piece I guess it would fall under spyware has implanted its self nto my cmputer. I have tried to use adaware to removeit with no avail. Its a small program for a site called lop.com Its like a desktop searchengine type thing and it is causeing problems with explorer and using a nice chunk of my cpu. I have a theory that it has implanted itself into explorer (not internet explorer) due to the fact that when i view my processes and this program restards itself after I close its window My computer is finding activity with explorer and no other executable file. If someone can help please help me because this program is giving me a headache and a half.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_Tesseract

Hhhhm, i dont really understand most of the text, but the standard tactic goes like this...

1. Search the and find the directory where the program is, try uninstalling it...if there's no such option..try the control panel uninstall.

2. Then remove manually all the files that uninstall didnt touch (there are always some).

3. MOST IMPORTANT...check the startup menu on the the start button...if the program appears in there, it means that it automaticly loads with startup...Remove it and restart.

4. You can detect some stuff by pressing ALT+CONTROL+DEL and read the list of programs running...

5. another think could be fucking with the program preferences. Most of the times software like that come inside another program

I hope something helps although i think you've already tried those...anyway, lucks!

Originally posted by Tesseract

Hhhhm, i dont really understand most of the text, but the standard tactic goes like this...

1. Search the and find the directory where the program is, try uninstalling it...if there's no such option..try the control panel uninstall.

2. Then remove manually all the files that uninstall didnt touch (there are always some).

3. MOST IMPORTANT...check the startup menu on the the start button...if the program appears in there, it means that it automaticly loads with startup...Remove it and restart.

4. You can detect some stuff by pressing ALT+CONTROL+DEL and read the list of programs running...

5. another think could be fucking with the program preferences. Most of the times software like that come inside another program

I hope something helps although i think you've already tried those...anyway, lucks!

thats all been..the program has done a GREAT job of hiding itself.

I got it from downloading a crack for a program. I guess thats what I get for not wanting to pay for software.

Originally posted by Wilt

goto your control panel and goto add/remove programs..find it there..no program can hide itself.

unless its a polymorphic virus, if so then your basically fucked, they disguise themselves as files that you wouldnt normally look for, as well as files anti-virus software looks for, so well i guess technically it cant hide its self, but it can make it look like something else...

maybe this will work

right click on the dektop icon/properties/target. delete 'target' and all other associated folders.

I had some shit like that a few weeks ago and I couldn't find the source of the program untill I did that.

Also, adaware only removes programs it knows to be spyware, what you have isnt spyware, thats why that didnt work.

Let me know if that helped.

Originally posted by Daze One Million

unless its a polymorphic virus, if so then your basically fucked, they disguise themselves as files that you wouldnt normally look for, as well as files anti-virus software looks for, so well i guess technically it cant hide its self, but it can make it look like something else...

Sorry son, but you have no idea what "polymorphic virus" even means.

Originally posted by Wilt

no program can hide itself.

Bzzzt.. wrong again. Where do you kids learn this shit? Oh well, this is a graff board after all, so I guess I can't really complain :o

Don't sleep.. he's coming back :D

Archived