Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

i need an mp3 player for my new PC

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by beardo, Aug 19, 2005.

1. beardo

beardo Guest

so, i got a new computer. regretfully, its a PC. at the same time, i acquired a ridiculous amount of mp3s. i need a player that will read all incarnations of mp3 files. i tried itunes and winamp, but neither imports ALL the albums, assuming its because they were created through different ripping programs, some on itunes, winamp, grip (linux) etc etc.

theres gotta be some sort of player out there that doesnt discriminate...

right?

holler

2. GLIK$

GLIK$ Dirty Dozen Crew

the hell? I've never ever had a problem using Winamp Pro.

Plays any kind of audio file I've ever thrown at it.

3. Flayed God X

Flayed God X Member

Winamp does most anything just find the right plugins

4. beardo

beardo Guest

talk to me about plug ins.. i just got winamp pro and its doing the same shit. from what i can tell, it doesnt want to read anything that was imported using GRIP the linux ripping thing.

5. -Rage-

-Rage- 12oz Loyalist

Oh, those precious live Phish shows.

6. villain

villain Veteran Member

Try the NIMO codec pack. That's a pretty good one. It plays most anything. You may find a few odd files it won't play but that's pretty rare.... and there are other codec packs out there that can remedy that but I can't think of it off the top of my head. Also check out the core media player.

7. JohnnyHorton

JohnnyHorton Senior Member

8. JUDONO?

JUDONO? Senior Member

ZI :shook: NG!!!!!!

9. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

10. beardo

beardo Guest

dont ever front on THE PHISH.

i think we determined the problem is that a lot of the tracks are title only, not artist/title/album. but that could be totally wrong, since a lot are still read. i dont know whats up and its starting to get annoying.

so thats gay. any quick fixes for that? a little app that can rename shit?

11. villain

villain Veteran Member

I think you would have to use an invasive program that is going to download the information from the net and god knows what else, license requirements... spyware.... whatever.... like windows media player.
    But then again if this is a bunch of live phish shows, you are most likely going to have to do it all by hand.

12. GLIK$

GLIK$ Dirty Dozen Crew

That's Jah's way of punishing you for listening to shitty music.

13. dumy

dumy Veteran Member

haha..I knew this chick in college who was a white "rasta" and she listened to phish constantly..

haha..not saying phish is bad or anything..

edit: Ok, they suck..