I need a new car..

»§ÜGÅR«

ok, here's the deal.

i've got a 98 eclipse gst, and it's acting like it's about to kick the bucket and stop working. It sounds like it needs a new belt, but has been violently shaking lately and acting crazy.

Let me give everyone some quick backround info about this car bullshit.

Last winter, i traded in my 2002 eclipse rs for this 98 gst, because the gst is obviously faster and from what i thought, made better. Only thing was, the car i got rid of only had 16k on it, and the car i have now (the gst), has 86k(had 80k on it when i got it).

Yes everyone. I'm sure you're saying to yourself, "self, this girl is the biggest tard on earth for trading in her car with low miles for a car with almost 100k on it". And yes, i think i'm starting to agree with that same thought.

I want to get rid of the gst before it stops working and more miles get put on it(lowering the value even more). I was thinking of going back and getting another newer(2000+) eclipse, but i dont want to pay a difference in price. When i got the gst they did an even wash, and i wanna do it again.

Suggestions? Ways i can conive the sales people into giving me another wash for a newer eclipse? Other car options that don't include shit like saturns, etc?. The eclipse that i saw is 11990 at my dealship that i've done business with a few times now.

Help.

thx.

:(

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

you know why they gave you a "even wash" for a 98 gst thats newer than your old 92 rs?

because the 98 was a piece of shit and they knew it.

how do you think a car thats a 92 is going to be worth as much as a 98?

you got played like a fiddle lil mama.

besides that, i thought your man fixed cars?

where's he at.

Originally posted by T=E=A=S=E@Dec 7 2004, 09:44 PM

you know why they gave you a "even wash" for a 98 gst thats newer than your old 92 rs?

because the 98 was a piece of shit and they knew it.

how do you think a car thats a 92 is going to be worth as much as a 98?

you got played like a fiddle lil mama.

besides that, i thought your man fixed cars?

where's he at.

the car i traded in was a 2002, not 92. But the newer eclipses have lower resale values.

but now that i think about it, maybe they knew the gst was a piece of shit and that's why they did a wash, even tho the resale value for a gst is better then a new eclipse.

at least get the car looked at and find out whats wrong with it. it'd be pretty fucked up to get rid of the car when it only needed a $50 belt.

one other thing to consider is the timing belt. has it already been replaced or is it due? I know Acuras are due at 90k miles and its roughly an $800 fix through the dealership. You can get close to half if you go to someone else.

Japanese cars are known to go well over 100,000 miles. Might be worth keeping. Weigh the costs.

Lasers are complete crap. I test drove one a long time ago and that POS barely made it back to the dealership.

You might want to reconsider a Mitsubishi. I just read an article talking about how the company is headed under. Their sales plummeted nearly 36% and their VP of marketing (supposedly one of the brightest turn around agents) just left.

Originally posted by Dirty_habiT@Dec 8 2004, 09:55 PM

duel.jpg

NICKLOOOOOODEOOOONN!!!

DIDNT YER ASS MOVE?

if not can you go to glady's video games in the 909 area ,and underneath the neogeo magical drop game you should find 200 bucks duct taped .....give it to mosco or guido if they are working and they will give you a black gap backpack that is masterlocked by the zipper... then walk out of the store walk across the street past burger king and abouhalf a black down you should come across a busybee hobby store...dont go down e..stay on highland..then throw the bag on the roof...thats all