Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

I need a good book pt.2

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by DETO, Jan 12, 2004.

1. DETO

DETO 12oz Loyalist

T.T Boy took the word's right out of my mouth, so in advance thanks!

-deto.
    </span>

2. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Veteran Member

It might sound a bit corny, but I picked up Seabiscuit on a long train ride
    and really enjoyed it. It's a slice of a different time in American history
    were Men were gamblers and women had dinner ready. Well not so much....
    but it's a great tale of 4 people (well 3 people and a horse) who came from
    behimd to win it all. A good read if you like historical non-fiction.

3. DETO

DETO 12oz Loyalist

Thanks for the response Kilo, I surprisingly enjoyed the movie, I'm sure the book would be better as almost every book is better than the movie. I might just give the book a go.

4. i just finished this

and now im reading this

id recommend both

5. slave_one

slave_one Elite Member

when i was younger and still in high school, i used to read a lot...
    but now that i'm older, i'm in front of the computer all the time, so i'm pretty much braindead.

all the vampire books by anne rice, and the witching hour and all the books that follow it. very good fiction, and erotic.

6. Jackson

Jackson Veteran Member

One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest.

7. and for when mental invalid gets here...
    i ordered naked off amazon. its next on the list.

8. Ski Mask

Ski Mask 12oz Loyalist

Coin Locker Babies by Ryu Murakami.

9. DETO

DETO 12oz Loyalist

I too wanna read Naked, looks like a good read.
    the last book I read and highly recommend is Requiem for a Dream by Hubert Selby Jr.

10. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

What Book Are You Reading? Pt. 7

I just started a book called “Seduced By Hitler”. I borrowed it from a friend (he got it from the bargain bin at Chapters), and am not expecting anything groundbreaking. It is about the psyche of the German people when Hitler came into power.

I think next I will finally pick up Anna Kerinina (whatever it’s called) by Tolstoy. That guy is really good.

So…what book are you reading?

11. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

Oh, I didn’t see Deto’s thread. Can Channel Zero handle two threads on books on the first page? We’ll see, we’ll see.

12. Telo

Telo Elite Member

Im reading my Maxim subscription. Im reading the numbers on my horribly high gas bill. Also ive got the brand new release of Sprints new version of You are Geting Anally Raped by your phone company Part II

13. big ups on book threads, i just startes ART IN THE AGE OF RISK by N.Calas...i'll tell you about it.

Tolstoy is dope..just skip his ends

14. Telo

Telo Elite Member

And i forgot Sell Us Your Soul by Comcast, also a good one.

15. SteveAustin

SteveAustin Veteran Member

Naked is still on my list as well.

For some reason I decided to start reading Shakespeare. So far its kinda been slow going and painful.