I Modeled a MASE Cement Car

mellowmike

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by mellowmike@Jan 16 2005, 01:15 PM

I liked the interesting faces on this car when I saw it in town here.

UP218218.jpg

So, I photographed both sides of the actual car, found the right model, and recreated it.

There's some new images, including a Golden West box, a tank car, and a grain hopper on my website.

pretty amazing mike! whats the address of your site again?

• 4 weeks later...

is that a whole track set-up or is it just sections for photo shoots? do you have any pics you could share of youre whole collection/track and if you have any layups can i see some shots of them too? if not its all good, i just think this is awesome. peace

Originally posted by SYN04@Mar 1 2005, 12:50 PM

is that a whole track set-up or is it just sections for photo shoots? do you have any pics you could share of youre whole collection/track and if you have any layups can i see some shots of them too?

Thanks to Everybody for the kind words, as usual.

The freight cars I do are photographed on a little narrow diorama board - made just for the photo. Probably 2.5 feet long. The backdrops are real places around town. I used to take the board and car out to the location and stage the shot. Now it's easier to just merge a real background photo that I shot to my car/diorama. If I do it just right - there isn't much blending I have to do. I made the "dirt" on my board approximately the same color as the dirt on the surrounding real-life areas.

MM