i made wine

Dick Quickwood

http://img7.photobucket.com/albums/v18/writer/picture_dump_661_Small.jpg'>

here is an early batch, it started fermenting soon after i put the yeast in. an animal bit it though, at least i think that's what happened, and it leaked out. so i made some more in a glass container, and tested it out a few minutes ago.

here's how i made it

apple juice

yeast

i put some apple juice in a bottle, then put a spoonful of yeast in. then i opened the cap for the gas to escape, then sat it down, for two or three days. next time i may experiment with other juices, or adding sugar.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

My friends older brother spent a few weeks in county recently and picked up a recipe for Pruno. Turns out it actually works pretty well, tho i wont drink it on account of hearing people going blind after a couple drinks. Hope the stuff you cooked up works better.

good luck arcel..

i know a redneck who has spent lots of money to try and make wine and it just came out ok

i got free wine because i bartend and would save him empty bottles...

im sure you know there is a little more to winemaking than just adding a little yeast to juice..

Guest KING BLING

Apple Wine

Yields one gallon

1 gallon Fresh Apple Cider

1 tsp. Yeast Nutrient

1 pound Sugar

1 crushed Campden Tablet

1.5 tsp. Acid Blend

1 package Wine Yeast

.5 tsp. Pectic Enzyme

.25 tsp. Grape Tannin

Put juice into a primary fermenter bucket and immediately add the crushed campden tablet, all other ingredients except yeast, and stir well.

Cover loosely, and wait 24 hours. Add yeast, and stir daily. After 4-5 days, crush another campden tablet, place in glass secondary, and siphon into glass and put airlock and stopper on top.

In 3 weeks, siphon off of sediment into clean glass jug, along with 1/2 campden tablet, and re-attach airlock and stopper. Siphon along with 1/2 campden every 30 days for at least 2 more times, and again if still sediment. To sweeten slightly, add 1/2 tsp stabilizer, then 1/2 cup dissolved sugar per gallon. Wait 2-3 days, then bottle and cork.

http://www.homebrewmart.com/winereci.html

i know your talkin wine, but root beer still ferments. i forget how you do it, i could maybe dig up a recipe, or you could google it. there is root beer extract that you can get at brewing places. you need water and yeast. after that i'm not sure

*edit*

if you want to make root beer pick some of this up.

http://img27.photobucket.com/albums/v80/steezing/DSCN1799.jpg'>

Originally posted by CrazyLazy

My orange juice fermented by itself once.

I left a cup of McDonalds OJ in the car before we parked it at the airport when I was a kid. It was summer, and that shit fermented and smelled heinous when we got back.

Why the shit would you ever make wine from apple juice if you're not in jail?

Originally posted by Nekro

I left a cup of McDonalds OJ in the car before we parked it at the airport when I was a kid. It was summer, and that shit fermented and smelled heinous when we got back.

So I'm not the only one?! No one has ever believed me when I told them.

Guest KING BLING
Originally posted by ARCEL

an animal bit it though, at least i think that's what happened, and it leaked out.

I like how casual this statement comes across

ok, if you want to go the "ghetto" route, and make some kind of "wine" by that method, heres the way to do it best....

get yourself some apple cider... if you have a local orchard, get it there... what you really want ideally is unpasturized, unhomaganized (sorry, cant spell) apple juice/cider. If its pasturized, you can still pull it off, its just easier if it isnt. Take your gallon, or however much you managed to get, and put it in another container. The very first few runs I did with this stuff, I used a gatorate bottle, the ones with the "sport" top - kinda like the pull up top that comes on most dish soap. Anyway, pour your cider/juice in the gatorade bottle, add yeast if you can get it (bakers yeast will work, but it ends up being not so good - it makes alcohol, but you could do better - if you can get live brewers yeast, use that) If you cant get yeast, and/or you want to really run on the wild side, (this is where the unpasturized stuff becomes important) you can let it go on its own (apple cider, or any unpasturized juice for that matter, had naturally occuring yeast that will ferment it, all it takes is time). This part is kinda gross, but spitting in it will also work - your mouth naturally has the right kind of yeast to turn sugar into alcohol - if you are the only one thats going to drink it, what do you have to lose? Anyway, put that shit in the gatorade bottle, and open the top up... get yourself a ballon, and put that over the top of the bottle. When the ballon gets really inflated, take it off and get the air out, put it back on. Keep doing this until the ballon doesnt get full anymore... then you are ready to rock - drink away, you made booze. You can bump it up by putting it in the freezer for a while and scoop the ice off, increasing the alcohol... if you want more details, email me, ill be more than happy to help

Gin is hype.

My buddy has grapes growing all over his backyard. I think he missed the time where he was supposed to pick them, though. Anyway, I don’t think I’d drink this bastard’s wine because he’s extremely unhygienic. I hate showing up at his house hungry because I know I’ll have to eat one of his homemade burgers or something.

Arcel, keep this thread updated.

PS. This thread is funny somehow.

Guest WebsterUno

*believe*

Originally posted by i11igul

orange juice

cranberry juice

*rollin down the street..hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm..sippin on gin and juice*

some people like gin and oj.

i prefer gin and cranberry.

we call it- death around the corner

has anyone ever had an egg creme soda?