I love you snow...

Guest imported_Tesseract

Guest imported_Tesseract

Think of a place where it doesnt snow at all, think of a place where 'snow ' means snowflakes.

Now think of a day that snow has covered the entire city from north to south and east to west, for the first time in more than 23 years.

Thats what happened today, i know that most of you are used to it, and that it doesnt seem such a big deal but today for me was pure magic.

I got out with friends and got drunk in several bars/clubs.

Probably almost noone cant relate but everything in white made me very happy today, thats all/ i'm drunk goodnight!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by beardo

i think this is the first time ol tesseract hits the sack at a reasonable hour.

Haha, so subjective. You dont wanna hear what time it is here.

For your info...

Mass is the accumulated crystalline water that makes up a glacier. Common sources of mass are:

Direct snowfall

Avalanches

Wind blown snow

Over time glacial ice is formed through melt-freeze and compaction. This process can take anywhere from one year to hundreds of years depending the climate of the area.

Steps to form Glacial ice:

Snow recrystallized to granules = Firn

Névé = 50% the density of liquid water

Glacial Ice = 90% the density of liquid water

Example: At Bridger Bowl ski resort in Montana, it takes one year to form firn while in Antarctica it ten years or more - more than a century to produce ice!

Properties of Glacial Ice:

Glacial Ice can deform like silly putty or cold taffy. When about 10 meters of glacial ice has accumulated, the ice begins to flow down hill in alpine regions or out to the sides.

The formation of glacial ice from from new snow.

http://www.homepage.montana.edu/~geol445/hyperglac/systems1/anflake.gif'>

Guest imported_Tesseract

And it gets better and better, snow is now 'deep' turning to slippery ice. I cant stop drinking its so fun.

The only propblem is that my girls house is unaproachable, i think i'm going for a big walk tomorow, fuck cars

Originally posted by Dr. Dazzle

I love going to places like Vancouver and seeing the chaos that a few inches of snow brings. I guess I've lived here too long.....

now thats just funny, all he drivers out there are just ridiculous the way it is, and when an inch of snow comes....... everyone gets more retarded and shit hits the fan.

Originally posted by DankLordz

hah yeaah. to whoever said try living in buffalo, come here and fucking try it!

we got BURIED, i mean complete driving bans.. and that is a rare thing here, we're pretty used to this white hell.

kill snow.

you should probably tell the people you got 7 feet.

across the pond in toronto though.. we have none. ain't the snowbelt grand?

its different all throughout the city.

for example.. i just measured outside my house, like on the lawn so theres no drifts or anything and its about 3 1/2 feet. but, where my girlfriend is, about 20min away, its wayyy higher. we have some drifts that are maybe 5 or 6.. the most insane thing ever is the like 30ft high mound at the highschool parking lot. its no fun.

Archived