i love the indie film community...no wait, i dont

boogie hands

someone please tell me what was so fuck amazing about this movie aside from the fact the actors were actually working with real sharks and it was made by two people on a series of vacations. the indie film community is pretty much on par with the underground hip hop community. no matter how shitty it is, if you make something while pulling in less that $100,000 a year its automatically great.....think im wrong? how do you explain jedi mind tricks for fucks sake? basically what im trying to say is that if you would describe yourself as "indie-***" or a "huge fan of indie ***", you are actually a complete retared and need to start addressing yourself as such.

thank you...im going to go back to being snowed in, drinking champagne and playin fifa.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

exactly...i love the quality independent projects but there is such a clamor to be part of a sub culture that anything that isnt in blockbuster is considered indie and worthy of "in depth discussion" by 30 year olds with 100k incomes walking around in thrift store clothes and drinking PBR.

sorry guys, ive been to a few too many parties in the "artsy" areas of town.

speaking of snow i just shoveled so much snow its not even funny.

so what about rhymesayers for example. why would they be considered independent when epitaph pushes them?

i think revenge records may be the same way but im not sure. what makes a label independent when they are backed by larger companies as distributers?

shouldnt independent be considered doing all your own distro as well?

It's just people who want to sound cool by name dropping a bunch of obscure ass artists and then using the most arrogant tone possible when they say "you mean you haven't heard of Rahmdi Guylianszowicz's "The Stock Number 8855" series?"

Same thing goes on with punk rockers and pretty much every other subculture.

I agree with pretty much everything said. Although, I have a certian level of respect for any movie that's made independently. If for no other reason than that. I appreciate that someone put in the time and effort to make a movie with no one backing them.

As far as actually liking the film....that's another story altogether.

i have two jedi mind tricks lps from god knows how long ago still sitting, unopened, in my record collection. every time i get drunk and start playing old hip hop records at 3 am i come across those albums and stop to think how much they suck. i should sell them on ebay or something....i could package them along side the second killah army record and this master fuol promo i have.