Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

i love it when people talk crap about HIFIART

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by TEAMWOLF, May 20, 2002.

1. TEAMWOLF

TEAMWOLF New Jack

i think it is great when people talk shit about HIFIART.
    "HIFIART sucks. it only shows graffiti from good writers."
    "HIFIART sucks. it only has graffiti of san francisco."
    "HIFIART sucks. they don't even update like they used to."
    "HIFIART sucks. they won't put my weak ass piece on it."

i can't see how people can complain about Hifiart. i just don't get it.
    i have told people repeatedly over the years. if you don't like it, don't come and if you think you could make a better site, do it - i'll even help you out.

i just read a post saying there is tons of graffiti in san francisco and it is lame to just put up tags because there are so many pieces around. i wish i remembered who wrote that but they are dumb. not having a car makes it quite difficult to explore areas outside the inner-city and hunt down photos in an alley somewhere in buttfuck lake view.

if you don't have the ability or time to run and operate a website, i understand. i struggle to even have time for the weekly updates. if you live in san francisco and you want to see more graffiti on the site; you want to see more show and event listings; you want more relevant articles; the answer is quite easy, contribute.

we never turn down good quality submissions. so instead of bickering and complaining that, "HIFIART didn't photo my "nigguh" on the 22," grab a camera, rack a camera, buy a camera, and photo it and send it in. it's not that hard.

2. blood as ink

blood as ink Guest

bring back the messege board...that was always fun..:rolleyes:

3. Jewish Task Force

Jewish Task Force Senior Member

4. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

i got nothin but love for hifiart.com. no bitching coming from this direction.....

5. type R

type R Senior Member

did you forget all the shit talked about 12oz on that board? but now your message board is gone so you are forced to complain here...is it any wonder Police Cheif Wiggum got banned? and i highly doubt anyone used the phrase "my wack-ass piece" when referring to why their shit was not put up on the site...dont get me wrong i liked the site, but you have to wonder...

6. TEAMWOLF

TEAMWOLF New Jack

i am not complaining. i am making a point.
    there was tons and tons of blatant hateful words directed to 12oz.
    that wasn't Hifiart talking about 12oz. that was people who used our message boards talking about 12oz. big difference.

7. -MOE LESTER-

-MOE LESTER- Guest

bring back the message board!!!!!!!!!!

hifiart is sick...ive even had some of my shitty tags up on it so its all gravy

8. hulk hogan

hulk hogan Member

bring it back or die

naw just kidding.

but damn the shit talking was amazing. tagpage + hifi = good times

9. -MOE LESTER-

-MOE LESTER- Guest

yes the shit talking on hifi was classic, alot of the insults i use today were influenced by that shit

PLEASE BRING THE BOARD BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Wilt

Wilt Guest

fuck hifiart ...thats the whackest shit ever...man that site is for fags....:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D you said you love it..so ima give it to you...haha pause...

11. TEAMWOLF

TEAMWOLF New Jack

die slow.

12. -MOE LESTER-

-MOE LESTER- Guest

team wolf...bring back the message boards...theres like 7 people from SF here, bring it back!!!!

13. HomerJayII

HomerJayII Member

THAT PLACE WAS CLASSIC. BRING IT BACK!!!

14. Fugazi

Fugazi Senior Member

Yeah the message boards were cool. Unfortunately, someone decided to list off Graffiti artists' names along with what they wrote. That's a big fucking no no...

15. sitka/xxxxx

sitka/xxxxx New Jack

o.k.
    hardest thing to find on the internet for me is old flix of just tags...
    i've looked and looked for early/mid 90's stuff....just people who used to bomb tags.
    just to remember....
    and now....hi-fi art will be there for us in 5 years when we want to have a little reminder of the smaller things around the city. I am sooo grateful for that.
    as soon as i get back to SF i'm going out with my digital camera and sending in flix every month of just the stupid shit.......like those purple barrons by:dot.! and the
    love tags and all the shit that would be forgotten eventually.....

and the carrion artist alley flix right before they tore all of it down........ahhhh. i love those.