Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

i liked high on fire better when they....

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by boogie hands, Mar 22, 2006.

1. boogie hands

boogie hands 12oz Legend

i just heard this band for the first time. apparently these guys took terrors lead and decided to play music that sounds like it was made 10 years ago. fucking great. if you happen to think these guys are a great band then your musical taste is garbage and you should never, ever talk about music again with anyone.

just though i would pass that along. back to work.

2. HAL

HAL Dirty Dozen Crew

Never heard of these guys, but what kind of music would you consider suitable for awesomeness?

10 years ago would be 1996. I can't recall much good music coming out then. I believe that was the year when someone thought rap-rock would be a great idea. 1986 would be a different story.

3. insane30

insane30 Member

y is it that i still think were in 2000...so 10 years ago for me would be 1990,lol

4. you should shut your hole lame-o

matt pike is the fucking man.

5. dumy

dumy Veteran Member

6. GLIK$

GLIK$ Dirty Dozen Crew

Path of Resistance
    H2O
    All Out War
    Strife
    No Innocent Victim

7. and also...

very true to his roots.

their music is also fucking good??? i mean...what planet are you on?!?!

then...
    [​IMG]

now...
    [​IMG]

8. GLIK$

GLIK$ Dirty Dozen Crew

also, One King Down

9. i mean. Matt Pike was in SLEEP.

come one.

plus he's also pluggin my real good friends hole on the reg.

10. boogie hands

boogie hands 12oz Legend

seriously. 10 to 15 years is more like it a guess. that would probably encompass the type of music im referring to a little better.

11. PushbuttonWarfare

PushbuttonWarfare Member

Scott Vogel was in Despair in 1996. So he's ripping off music that was made when he was in a major band? Weird.

I'm not really that big a fan of High On Fire, but surrounded by thieves or whatever the fuck its called has some killer riffs brah. Its way more stoner rock than any slayer/discharge rip off band i've ever heard is.

12. 26SidedCube

26SidedCube Veteran Member

What the fuck is a Matt Pike?

13. CRAMPS

CRAMPS Senior Member

SLeep was awesom

any band with members of Sleep is ok in my book

14. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

15. boogie hands

boogie hands 12oz Legend

your missing the point. im talking about progression....its something musicians strive for, helps move musical genres forward, etc. etc.

to contradict myself (which i dont mind doing because i really dont care that much) i do enjoy terror....mostly because i love despair and that general period in hardcore.

anyway...

isnt bottles and skulls a fucking awesome band?