I know the NY POST is usually in bad taste, but this?

fr8lover

http://www.nypost.com/images/front031004.gif'>

a fourth student at nyu committed suicide, but all incidents are seperate from each other. yet, for shock value they put an actual picture of this girl jumping out of the window on the front page....

its disgusting, in my opinion.

heres an article:

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/busin...nal/8163203.htm

Critics, Readers Blast New York Post for Running Suicide Photo on Cover

Mar. 11 - Even Post readers outraged!

A sickening front-page New York Post photo of a coed leaping to her death spurred outrage yesterday from the teen's classmates -- and frightened mental health experts, who said the picture could glorify suicide.

NYU students were horrified to see the picture of 19-year-old Diana Chien's Saturday death plunge from the roof of her boyfriend's apartment building.

"It's horrible. They shouldn't have put it in. It's completely distasteful," said freshman Eileen Destri, 18.

NYU spokesman John Beckman blasted the Post, which already had printed the picture in Sunday's paper before learning Chien was a student.

"It seems to show an appalling lack of judgment and insensitivity to the young woman's family and a disregard for the feelings of students at NYU," he said.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest im not witty
Originally posted by DETO

you know what i haven't had in a while?...

Big Leauge Chew!... ;)

wuahahahaha, but seriously, is that a picture of her or just a picture of someone jumping out a window? if its her, thats some damn fine journalism. NY POST, we're there when the story breaks.

mixed feelings here... while somewhat tastless, its reality and in this day and time when the gov. is trying to censor what we hear and see i think its good to stand for a paper to use its right to freedom of press. we are seeing dead people in pictures in terrorist bombings and the conflict in haiti and all kinds of other situations (except us soldiers). its a great shot and give more feeling to the story.

at least they didn't show the end result.

Guest SayOne

no disrespect towards the family

man you should watch the news on telemundo or univison man , they show people dying all the time...

Archived