I KEEP GETTIN THE SAME CARS BACK OVER AND OVER

Guest L.RonHubbard

Guest L.RonHubbard

does anyone else ever have this problem? ill paint some shit one week and then maybe 3 weeks later the shit is back in my yard again. This is true for shit ive caught up to 6 months ago> Im on a NorfolK S. line and i alway sget the same PHONE cars back from the SOUTH. Im from the midwest and i catch alot of out of state stuff like Kaput, A2M, Mber, ONO etc. on RBOXES, CONRAIL FLATS, BNSF, WHEATIES, CN flats, SOO, NS, all that but why do my cars keep coming back to me? im tryin to put my name out there feel me... is it possible they are just keepin some of these cars in the area for a while? how long does this last?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

hrmm

This used to happen to me when I used to live in a small town where a coal plant was. The trains would be back within like 1 week, but i'm new in st.louis and that shit never happens anymore that often...

Well, this is one of those things you learn with time. Some cars are stuck in an A to B back to A route. They can be cars that you wouldn't think would be "locals", that is, cars based in your area which ship stuff elsewhere and then come back empty.

If your goal is to get better play, identify the cars that keep coming back, and paint everything but those. If you want to take a little time and get scientific, jot down numbers of cars you are suspicious about, trace them for a while, see what their patterns are. They can last for years, or just months, and then suddenly change. (Which is a good reason to hit a bunch of the cars that DO keep coming back - they may stop coming back, and circulate elsewhere.)

l.ron... we live in the same general area correct?

one of the problems here, is that nothing goes 'through' here. if a train is here, its because it has a reason to be here. its not like in ohio or texas or something, where a train could be on its way east or west.... because of that, anything that comes here has a specific route... most of which are reocuring.

but dont get bummed cause they come back, i have a lay up that will pick up my cars, and they'll be out in wyoming within a week or two (i dont know the whole route, i just know they go atleast there.) even if they come back, it still got play all across the whole continent. and as cracked said, eventually that car will wind up on another route... especially since its winter right now, and that changes things alot.... it very well might be on a total other schedule in the springe.

taco bell is calling me.

here..

http://www.trainwatchers.com/

http://www.geocities.com/muskegonrr/index.html

http://www.geocities.com/raildude11/Home.html

http://members.aol.com/jsundin357/x/extreme.html

also... some lines are bound in state, others are countrywide... watch which ones do what... like in a yard i use.. 3 lines in the center of the yard are out-of-state travelers.. where the driver just drops off the freights for the night or something... and the others on the edges stay in-state... look out for stuff like that...

l.ron... no, it doesnt mean we get screwed at all. we have the auto industry, which travels all over the country, into canada as well as mexico. check out the links above.... with a little research, you should be able to find out quite a bit about your area...

Depending on the industry of your area, some cars are beer cars that are mainly used for that industry so you do one and it gets sent out and sent back.

That is just a mere example, my advice to you is to do a variety of cars

oilers reefers gondolas hoppers holy rollers coil cars tofc's etc.

dont limit your self to onyl boxcars. Also try different layups storage tracks.

Maybe do some active line s that will get out instantly.

The sky's the limit"

Archived