Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

-- I Just Saw Aliens vs. Predator

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Weapon X, Aug 13, 2004.

1. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

Well, I did this afternoon, anyway.

I got pretty much what I was expecting. It wasn't as good as any of the Predator movies, nor as good as any of the Alien movies. None of the action scenes were anything to write home about, and - surprise, surprise - there was no blood.

The action sequences were decent, but they were leaning towards the choppy side, a la Chronicles of Riddick and other poorly choreographed fight scenes.

I thought the ending was very unpredictable, simply for the fact that I think it's stupid. Unless they did it on purpose...I'm not going to spoil it for you, though. You'll probably know what I mean.

All in all, I give it 3 stars. 3 stars from someone who was expecting a shitty movie. Pretty decent.

I hope the next one is made by someone else.

2. Overtime

Overtime Dirty Dozen Crew

im not into those movies, big lebowski...

3. T=E=A=S=E

T=E=A=S=E Elite Member

you people hate on everything. pisses me off.

im not a big fan of this movie, nor have i seen it, but that shit looked pretty crazy.

takes a lot of time to make those damn things, and even though it might not be as mind blowing as you had hoped, i could still respect the film for its efforts and for how much work must have gone into making the film itself.

4. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

You’re a chump, tease. I said that it was pretty decent, just not nearly as good as any of it’s predecessors. Seriously, you are a Class ‘A’ Moron.

Fuck hard work. Tease, you can try as hard as you want to be cool, but that doesn’t make me respect you.

If the first Alien and Predator movies were like this, there would be no talk of a “franchise”, that's for sure.

5. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

are you gonna eat your tots...

6. DREDZ

DREDZ Senior Member

...my boy just got back from seeing that shit...he said it was huff. he said that the plot had potential, but the story got bunk as the shit went on...

7. crave

crave Veteran Member

perhaps i'll cop the bootleg. . . maybe.

8. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

He’s right. It did start off very well, but went quickly to shit, once they got to the pyramid site.

Simply, it was badly directed, and the ever-prevalent atmosphere of corruption, greed, and violence in the Alien series wasn’t there.

The atmosphere that was present in the first Predator was not there, either. The delving into the mind of the Predator, his curiousity, as well as his pride in his trophies…they weren’t conveyed as well.

Paul Anderson made this movie like a horror flick with some good novelty value.

It was better than Ghost Ship, but worse than Punisher.

9. KidneyStone

KidneyStone New Jack

I don't care what you people say, it's not hating: THIS MOVIE BLOWS.

Don't waste you time. Don't waste your life. It's not worth it. Over hyped, and underwhelming. Booty-leg or theatre, it's terrible.

DON'T GO

10. Im Broke

Im Broke Senior Member

might sneek into it... not gunna pay for that tho... ima see the white castle
    movie... maby it will not give me gas like the food...:eek:

11. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

Haha, I saw Harold and Kumar after I saw AVP. Now that movie is pretty damn funny (at times).

“SECURE THE BOOK!”

12. TheoHuxtab|e

TheoHuxtab|e Banned

13. fermentor666

fermentor666 Veteran Member

I guess I should be glad I forgot to go to the advance screening I had passes for last Thursday. Gonna skip this one.

14. CLAYTONCROWN

CLAYTONCROWN Member

I'll go see it somply for the fact i really enjoyed the alien movies.

on another not i bought SHOALIN SOCCER today. awsome movie.

15. Im watching this one anyway, been waiting for it for about 10 years...