i just got served with a 72-hour notice.

gfreshsushi

i came home last night and there was a 72-hour notice taped to my front door. for you foreigners who aren't familiar with the law round these here parts, if you don't pay your rent, they give you a three-day "pay rent or quit" warning. the catch is, i paid my rent on the first, and according to my bank, the check cleared on the 9th. i caled the real estate office and they are looking into it. the woman said it was probably a mix-up and the rent credit went to someone else.

right.

anyway, i'm less worried about getting evicted than i am about the incompetence of my landlord. $1500 is a lot of money to "misplace."

so who's got any good eviction stories? this is as close to getting evicted as i've had happen since ever, so i'm fresh out.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I've been served several 5 Day notices dated a

month prior and recieved court papers for being

2 months past due on rent (bills, tuition, and an

addiction to eating at least one meal a day)...

luckily I pooled some resources, scammed a

mailorder site for an order I never signed for

but recieved and banked on last year's income

taxes...

It's a shitty feeling pleading your case to your

landlord repeating 'I'm sorry for this... just...

please don't evict me?' but I've been there.

does anyone know like if you have medical bills to pay, and its been overdue for about a year and a half, what they do? the shit is getting pretty interesting right now, having to explain why i can't pay or how the check got lost... they won't fuck with me that much will they?

i moved out of my last apartment a week early but left my futon frame and some food in the fridge. i came back a couple days before my lease was up to clean up the place so i didnt get charged up the ass with cleaning fees. so i open my door and guess what? the place is clean, my food is gone, and my futon frame isnt in my room. i went to the manager and asked her what the fuck was up. she said "well we thought you just skipped town, your neighbors hadnt seen you in a while." later on in the mail they sent me a cleaning bill over 200$. needless to say i never gave them a dime.

Originally posted by JasonWhit

does anyone know like if you have medical bills to pay, and its been overdue for about a year and a half, what they do? the shit is getting pretty interesting right now, having to explain why i can't pay or how the check got lost... they won't fuck with me that much will they?

medical bills usually just go to a collection agency. they send you some letters threatening your credit rating or whatever, and if you pay it off eventually they go away. that's as far as i've taken it.

yeah, i called the office again, and they didn't seem to worried about it, just a "we're looking into it, so don't pack your bags just yet" kind of thing. you have to understand, my realty office has bulletproof glass two inches thick. i've never made physical contact with anyone who works there, and all the transactions and paperwork that has occured was slipped into a drawer, like at a gas station at three in the morning. fucking ghetto fabulous.

i did remember an eviction story, though it was more me taking off. i had stopped paying rent in this house i was living in for something like six or seven months. originally i just forgot to send it, and then i kinda waited to see what would happen. months down the road the landlord showed up and asked to speak to me. i calmly explained that i had sent my rent checks and that they had been cashed, and he sat in the room while i called my bank to have them send me my old checks so i could prove it to him. i told him it would take a few weeks until they arrived, and i told him i would call him when they got there so we could "straighten out this whole mess." i moved two days later, getting all of my shit out in a matter of two hours. i went back the next day and took some food and a doorknob that i had the key to. irresponsibility can be way too much fun.

Originally posted by gfreshsushi

i did remember an eviction story, though it was more me taking off. i had stopped paying rent in this house i was living in for something like six or seven months. originally i just forgot to send it, and then i kinda waited to see what would happen. months down the road the landlord showed up and asked to speak to me. i calmly explained that i had sent my rent checks and that they had been cashed, and he sat in the room while i called my bank to have them send me my old checks so i could prove it to him. i told him it would take a few weeks until they arrived, and i told him i would call him when they got there so we could "straighten out this whole mess." i moved two days later, getting all of my shit out in a matter of two hours. i went back the next day and took some food and a doorknob that i had the key to. irresponsibility can be way too much fun.

Wait... so basically all you have to do is escape and they leave you alone?

How far did you move? This can't be right.

i didn't have a lease, and legal precedent around here for establishing tenancy is six consecutive months of paying rent, regardless of whether or not you have a lease. i only paid the first three months and then changed rooms in the house. my repeated attempts to have a lease went unheard, so i stopped paying and started looking elsewhere. it just happened that it took me six months to find somewhere else to live, and it took them that long to figure out i'd stopped paying. the landlord's son lived in the house (i lived with a bunch of college stoners) and everyone was supposed to pay him for utilities and mail the rent checks to his dad. i refused to pay utilities (because at least once a month our water, gas, power, or phones would get shut off because the stoner son wasn't paying the bills). it worked out, and i ran into the son on the street once. he asked me when i was gonna pay his dad the three grand i owed him, and i told him that i didn't have to, legally speaking, because our utilities kept getting shut off and i never had a lease (i actually checked with the renter's board or whatever shortly ater moving out, and they said i was clean). the son kinda looked at the ground and shuffled his feet a little, "that's messed up, dude..." it was pretty funny.

i'm a fucking worthwhile dope smoker..

i've never been kicked out or evicted.

hell, i've only been late on rent once..

i have run out on the last month of rent before, knowing i wouldn't get a security deposit back...i've also left an apartment fucked up because the landlord withheld the sec dep.

and in this city, evictions are really really common..

you could drive around the city on any given day and see a few piles of belongings on the curbside, getting picked over by the local homeless..

it happens all the time.

the first time i moved out i lived with a couple of my boys renting this house. we had this other guy that worked at a local brewery and we'd just call up and he'd bring a keg over, shit was like a 14 month long keg party..

neighbours called the cops almost everyday, we terrorized the area, trashed the house with about 10g's in damage.. we stopped paying rent because the landlord wouldn't fix anything we broke so one day, January 15th to be exact, he comes over and says... "Alright guys, I'll give you a good letter of recommendation, eat all costs for repairs and PAY YOU $1000 to leave by Feb.1".

now thats a deal. we found another place, moved all our shit out Jan.31, in a fuckin blizzard, and as we moved the last boxes out the landlord was standing there with a wad of cash and a locksmith. gave us the cash, changed the locks, shook our hands and we haven't seen or heard from each other since.....:lol: :lol:

When I was 17 I got evicted from this apt. All this girl had to do was pay the rent. Me and my boy provided endless food furniture and some other shit for the place. Well we get a 3 day notice on the door. Turns out bitch hasnt been paying the rent like we all agreed on. So me and my boy go out and hustle up $2300 in back rent. We give bitch the money and tell her ass to get to the office and pay the rent. Well the 3 days is up and the sherriffs show up. Bitch, what did you do with the money? You spent it? After a few death threats to her and her child i got my share of the money back. I moved back in with my mom for a few months before i ultimately became homeless for a little while.

Guest me IS cool

i used to live in a some aparments when I went to this school. Anyways I had some dope room mates, one was a pot head and another a wanna-be baddass and another was a UBER-computer nerd.

Well my arrangement went like this: During the week I would stay in that apartment go to school and what not. During the weekend however I used to go stay with my mom so I could get free food, laundry service, old friends you know.

The kicker: During one weekend they had a major party in the dorm room, I knew about it (since they declared it a couple weeks before), but I decided to go home (to my moms) so I could get some laundry done. Well the party was kicking, too kicking. It turns out you could hear the party from down the street, the aparment was trashed people were throwing bottles into the streets, you know just plain chaos. Well it turns out that I later got an eviction notice from the housing and the school. It seems that while I was away the "roommates" decided to put the whole blame on me. Which sucks cuz I thought they were cool.

I immediately cleared my name, moved out but not before "borrowing" some stuff.

Sorry about the length of this.

:king:

one time a land lord evicted some people from my friends apartment building

put all of their shit in the street.. guy showed up as we were loading his computer desk in the elevator..

some people rolled by and bought a few of their chairs from us since they assumed we were having a garage sale

Originally posted by EarMuffs

ese.......post the photos...:king:

well. it wasnt an eviction in so many words, but we were bailing on a few months rent, and we could kiss the deposit goodbye, so we treated it as such.

http://members.shaw.ca/cjmmoc/eviction/group.jpg'>

http://members.shaw.ca/cjmmoc/eviction/kitchen.jpg'>

http://members.shaw.ca/cjmmoc/eviction/snak.jpg'>

http://members.shaw.ca/cjmmoc/eviction/snakaction.jpg'>

http://members.shaw.ca/cjmmoc/eviction/taggin.jpg'>

http://members.shaw.ca/cjmmoc/eviction/eastla.jpg'>

Archived