i just gave my two weeks notice...

mental invalid

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest HESHIANDET
Originally posted by mental invalid@Mar 17 2005, 10:19 AM

yes!!

no job

no place to live

no idea what to do

but no longer working here....

this calls for a martini....

*sorry for the total ego thread...but im really stoked to breaking out of the cubical coffin...even if for a brief breath of air...

yo son im in town, but i might be busy w/ a lady tonight. hit my celly moibile telly regardless. congrats!

about two weeks ago i quit my job, id been there 4 1/2 years, it was some bullshit, i'd have given them a two weeks notice, but instead i told the owner to go fuck himself. and now im already on to better things. good luck with your deal tho. enjoy the freedom.

unemployment checks are the greatest thing ever...Last summer i was surviving off unemployment..pretty much I was getting paid to not get a real job and drive around town getting all kinds of freelance artwork...god bless unemployment.

Roe if you can find a way to qualify (which I doubt since you quit) soak that shit up. Its the greatest thing ever.

Originally posted by cloner@Mar 18 2005, 12:57 PM

a woman where my friend works was layed off, and her severence package included 28,000 dollars a month for the next three years. i wish i could collect shit like that..it would feel so good to give em the 2 weeks.

holy shit thats a whole lot of fuckin money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

from ROB

Gemini (May 21-June 20)

You can, of course, choose to ignore the invitations that life will offer you in the coming weeks. Having free will means you can always refuse to go with the cosmic flow. But if you would like to weave the threads of a higher destiny into the fabric of your humdrum routine, you should meditate on how you can be more of a leader. Are there ways you could energize a group or organization you're part of? Are you ready to seize the initiative in one of your close relationships, shepherding it into a new era? Are you willing to summon the courage to rise above the hypnotic numbness of the daily grind, stretching your imagination to see the big picture?

one of the girls I'm seeing told me her brother just up and moved to Europe after completing his masters. he never made a single payment and according to the fine print, the bank just gives up after 7 years.

dudes bartending in Belgium right now and having the time of his life.

I'm giving this whole scenario a very serious consideration.

oh yeah, good luck mental.

this is weird, i also am one of the five year quitters on here. i accomplished this feat myself just three short years ago, haven't regretted it much. i've learned more in the last month in my current job than in all five years at the old one. there isn't a thing the bossman ever taught me that i couldn't have learned more efficiently on my own. but, then again, the benefits were kind of nice. good luck. it kind of has this parallel to this new anti-diet thing my girl is on to right now. it's like by stigmatizing something as bad or forbidden, we crave it more. if you give into the cravings your body breaks out of the diet binge cycles. is quitting your job so bad. i've quit two jobs recently and mostly good things have come of it.*

*out of necessity however, so i shouldn't be holding myself exactly as an example.

Originally posted by mental invalid@Mar 18 2005, 11:14 AM

from ROB

Gemini (May 21-June 20)

You can, of course, choose to ignore the invitations that life will offer you in the coming weeks. Having free will means you can always refuse to go with the cosmic flow. But if you would like to weave the threads of a higher destiny into the fabric of your humdrum routine, you should meditate on how you can be more of a leader. Are there ways you could energize a group or organization you're part of? Are you ready to seize the initiative in one of your close relationships, shepherding it into a new era? Are you willing to summon the courage to rise above the hypnotic numbness of the daily grind, stretching your imagination to see the big picture?

fuck..i'm a gemini and this describes exactly how i feel right now. I must strike while the iron is hot!