Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

i have a problem

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by teister, Jun 12, 2001.

1. teister

teister Senior Member

I have this problem. Last night i was talking to my girl on the phone and she was like, "I wanted to talk to you about something." So I said okay, what. She was like "I don't know why but I had a really bad feeling today about this graffiti thing. I don't think you should paint anymore." Oohh, terrible pain in the region of the chest. "What do you mean you don't want me to paint anymore? What kind of graffiti artist would i be? A wannabe, a blackbook warrior." I told her I would stop though because she was worried about it and I told her I'd do anything for her, but really, what the hell. I can't exactly go back on my word, but at the same time I can't forsake my art. Would you guys make fun of me and call me names if I were to only rock in my blackbook, and maybe on stickers and stuff. The answer is probably yes. I kind of want to cry.

2. Ski Mask

Ski Mask 12oz Loyalist

if you want to paint...paint...it might fuck things up with your girl, but you cant just give it up. if you can you must not have been too passionate about it to begin with. Let it be for a few days and try and talk to her about it again...

3. Face Me Face Death

Face Me Face Death Member

tell her to get on the pill first then you will stop writing.

4. teister

teister Senior Member

she's on the pill. Yeah, I was thinking about talking to her about it. I mean, she said it was my choice whether or not to paint, but she had this real bad feeling about it and was worried about me. Things aren't going to get fucked up between us I don't think, if I keep writing, but you never know, know?

5. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

10 cans v. 1 girl... otha fish in the sea... see?

------------------
    2 Can Sam

6. willy!wonka

willy!wonka Senior Member

tell her to stop hangin out with her friends,,cook food for you when you get home,,SEX when you want it...on command
    dont talk to her mom,dad,sister brother,dog cat fish bird,go out and work and give all income to you,suck your dick and play with your balls till you fall asleep as your bedtime story then you'll give up graf..but still go out and paint.

thats how I got it...

and dont let her watch THE MUARY SHOW!!!!!

7. teister

teister Senior Member

Yeah, I'm going to have to talk to her. I'm not letting her go, she's too dope.

8. Firetruck

Firetruck Guest

Maury used to be dope, it was all 'I'm 13 and a sex feind' girls going to jail, but now it's all lie detector tests and paternity shit...

I caught a few Madhattan heads when they'd take the young hoochies 'out on the stroll in the big city'...

------------------

9. post*it

post*it New Jack

She shouldn't even have to make you choose between the 2! Stop painting when you feel ready to stop, not because some chick wants you to.

10. PIRone716

PIRone716 Member

don't sell out over a chick,if it fucks things oh well,there are a million more chicks out there...

------------------
    your ghetto if you pee in the shower

11. nipples-galore

nipples-galore Elite Member

D I N G ! we have a winner! sir, you are correct!

12. dude, lose the chick. graff is better. i told my girlfriend graff is first, she is second. it just so happens i dig graff more than her, even though i am way into her too..

13. Shit, everyone here is acting like she threatened to cut his balls off if he didn't stop painting. She's not forcing a damn thing, she just asked him to stop because she had a bad premonition. What the fuck is wrong with that? Contrary from what scienxe said, EVERYONE is entitled to opinions and suggestions, and asking you to stop doing something. But at the same time, you are also entitled to heed that advice or ignore it. Remember, it's asking, not forcing. But he was right about not being a dick about it.

The way I see it, she's not gonna break up with you if you don't stop painting. She's worried because she cares about you, which means she won't just stop caring and dump you if you keep on going. If you do get caught, she sure as hell won't get into any trouble, but she'll be sad as fuck and worried sick about you. So the reason she wants you to stop isn't selfish, it's just looking out for your own wellbeing. Everyone here is making her look like some evil villain.

90% of people in here who think they love their girlfriends will look back when they're 45 and say "Damn, what the hell was I thinking, in love? Yeah right." And 90% of people in here who claim to be "writers fo' life" will look back when they're 45 and say "I did it cause I was young and stupid" (doesn't mean you'll regret it). I can already see angry replies to this statement.

My point is, be realistic. Young people like us are too quick to bust out the "I'll do anything for you" line because they love their girlfriends. So blindly following what she asks you to is stupid. But at the same time, things that seem very important to you right now, which you can't possibly seem to live without and which head your list of priorities (read: grafitti), will quickly take a back seat to other things in life as you grow older.

At this point in your life, you're taking both of these things way too seriously. Stop obsessing about graff or how much you love her. It's hard to see things in context when you're only 20 years old like me, but trust me, you'll be glad about it in the end. My opinion? Chill a little on the graff scene. Go out to the yards a little less. Let her know you're acknowledging her worries. But by no means stop doing it. Sit down and talk with her, and reach a consensus. When you're old and fat, you'll probably look back on this situation and laugh. Beer,

El Mamerro

14. Fox Mulder

Fox Mulder 12oz Loyalist

what if i want to kill you?

15. Fox Mulder

Fox Mulder 12oz Loyalist

well put