i have a problem

teister

I have this problem. Last night i was talking to my girl on the phone and she was like, "I wanted to talk to you about something." So I said okay, what. She was like "I don't know why but I had a really bad feeling today about this graffiti thing. I don't think you should paint anymore." Oohh, terrible pain in the region of the chest. "What do you mean you don't want me to paint anymore? What kind of graffiti artist would i be? A wannabe, a blackbook warrior." I told her I would stop though because she was worried about it and I told her I'd do anything for her, but really, what the hell. I can't exactly go back on my word, but at the same time I can't forsake my art. Would you guys make fun of me and call me names if I were to only rock in my blackbook, and maybe on stickers and stuff. The answer is probably yes. I kind of want to cry.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

if you want to paint...paint...it might fuck things up with your girl, but you cant just give it up. if you can you must not have been too passionate about it to begin with. Let it be for a few days and try and talk to her about it again...

she's on the pill. Yeah, I was thinking about talking to her about it. I mean, she said it was my choice whether or not to paint, but she had this real bad feeling about it and was worried about me. Things aren't going to get fucked up between us I don't think, if I keep writing, but you never know, know?

tell her to stop hangin out with her friends,,cook food for you when you get home,,SEX when you want it...on command

dont talk to her mom,dad,sister brother,dog cat fish bird,go out and work and give all income to you,suck your dick and play with your balls till you fall asleep as your bedtime story then you'll give up graf..but still go out and paint.

thats how I got it...

and dont let her watch THE MUARY SHOW!!!!!

Guest Firetruck

Maury used to be dope, it was all 'I'm 13 and a sex feind' girls going to jail, but now it's all lie detector tests and paternity shit...

I caught a few Madhattan heads when they'd take the young hoochies 'out on the stroll in the big city'...

------------------

Guest imported_SecretAgentX9

dude, lose the chick. graff is better. i told my girlfriend graff is first, she is second. it just so happens i dig graff more than her, even though i am way into her too..

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Shit, everyone here is acting like she threatened to cut his balls off if he didn't stop painting. She's not forcing a damn thing, she just asked him to stop because she had a bad premonition. What the fuck is wrong with that? Contrary from what scienxe said, EVERYONE is entitled to opinions and suggestions, and asking you to stop doing something. But at the same time, you are also entitled to heed that advice or ignore it. Remember, it's asking, not forcing. But he was right about not being a dick about it.

The way I see it, she's not gonna break up with you if you don't stop painting. She's worried because she cares about you, which means she won't just stop caring and dump you if you keep on going. If you do get caught, she sure as hell won't get into any trouble, but she'll be sad as fuck and worried sick about you. So the reason she wants you to stop isn't selfish, it's just looking out for your own wellbeing. Everyone here is making her look like some evil villain.

90% of people in here who think they love their girlfriends will look back when they're 45 and say "Damn, what the hell was I thinking, in love? Yeah right." And 90% of people in here who claim to be "writers fo' life" will look back when they're 45 and say "I did it cause I was young and stupid" (doesn't mean you'll regret it). I can already see angry replies to this statement.

My point is, be realistic. Young people like us are too quick to bust out the "I'll do anything for you" line because they love their girlfriends. So blindly following what she asks you to is stupid. But at the same time, things that seem very important to you right now, which you can't possibly seem to live without and which head your list of priorities (read: grafitti), will quickly take a back seat to other things in life as you grow older.

At this point in your life, you're taking both of these things way too seriously. Stop obsessing about graff or how much you love her. It's hard to see things in context when you're only 20 years old like me, but trust me, you'll be glad about it in the end. My opinion? Chill a little on the graff scene. Go out to the yards a little less. Let her know you're acknowledging her worries. But by no means stop doing it. Sit down and talk with her, and reach a consensus. When you're old and fat, you'll probably look back on this situation and laugh. Beer,

El Mamerro

Originally posted by El Mamerro:

Shit, everyone here is acting like she threatened to cut his balls off if he didn't stop painting. She's not forcing a damn thing, she just asked him to stop because she had a bad premonition. What the fuck is wrong with that? Contrary from what scienxe said, EVERYONE is entitled to opinions and suggestions, and asking you to stop doing something. But at the same time, you are also entitled to heed that advice or ignore it. Remember, it's asking, not forcing. But he was right about not being a dick about it.

The way I see it, she's not gonna break up with you if you don't stop painting. She's worried because she cares about you, which means she won't just stop caring and dump you if you keep on going. If you do get caught, she sure as hell won't get into any trouble, but she'll be sad as fuck and worried sick about you. So the reason she wants you to stop isn't selfish, it's just looking out for your own wellbeing. Everyone here is making her look like some evil villain.

90% of people in here who think they love their girlfriends will look back when they're 45 and say "Damn, what the hell was I thinking, in love? Yeah right." And 90% of people in here who claim to be "writers fo' life" will look back when they're 45 and say "I did it cause I was young and stupid" (doesn't mean you'll regret it). I can already see angry replies to this statement.

My point is, be realistic. Young people like us are too quick to bust out the "I'll do anything for you" line because they love their girlfriends. So blindly following what she asks you to is stupid. But at the same time, things that seem very important to you right now, which you can't possibly seem to live without and which head your list of priorities (read: grafitti), will quickly take a back seat to other things in life as you grow older.

At this point in your life, you're taking both of these things way too seriously. Stop obsessing about graff or how much you love her. It's hard to see things in context when you're only 20 years old like me, but trust me, you'll be glad about it in the end. My opinion? Chill a little on the graff scene. Go out to the yards a little less. Let her know you're acknowledging her worries. But by no means stop doing it. Sit down and talk with her, and reach a consensus. When you're old and fat, you'll probably look back on this situation and laugh. Beer,

El Mamerro

well put

Originally posted by willy!wonka:

tell her to stop hangin out with her friends,,cook food for you when you get home,,SEX when you want it...on command

dont talk to her mom,dad,sister brother,dog cat fish bird,go out and work and give all income to you,suck your dick and play with your balls till you fall asleep as your bedtime story then you'll give up graf..but still go out and paint.

thats how I got it...

and dont let her watch THE MUARY SHOW!!!!!

go away.

Originally posted by scienxe:

you'd be telling me to die. didnt i just say you cant do that?!? =)

i was making fun of you for saying that no one has the right to tell you not to do something. so i said what if i want to kill you. following your own logic you wouldn't have to right to object to it.

if you quit now and (as impossible as it may seem now) you break up with her later on, you'll regret it and resent her for it. i quit drinkin and smoking weed cause the girl i was going out with at the time presented me with much the same concerns yours did about my drinking and smoking. "i'm not saying you have to, i'm just saying i really wish you wouldn't do it" "naw girl, i love you. i'll stop." we broke up like 8 months later and now i regret it, resent the hell out of her for making me choose and resent myself for the choice i made. if she really loves you she'll have no choice but to accept it, but probably still voice her concerns about it frequently.

Originally posted by teister:

I have this problem. Last night i was talking to my girl on the phone and she was like, "I wanted to talk to you about something." So I said okay, what. She was like "I don't know why but I had a really bad feeling today about this graffiti thing. I don't think you should paint anymore." Oohh, terrible pain in the region of the chest. "What do you mean you don't want me to paint anymore? What kind of graffiti artist would i be? A wannabe, a blackbook warrior." I told her I would stop though because she was worried about it and I told her I'd do anything for her, but really, what the hell. I can't exactly go back on my word, but at the same time I can't forsake my art. Would you guys make fun of me and call me names if I were to only rock in my blackbook, and maybe on stickers and stuff. The answer is probably yes. I kind of want to cry.

your the biggest fucking idiout"i wanna be a black book warroir'"i cant forsake 'MY'art"it sounds like your such a toy....pealse i dont think peolple would care if you quit i would stop just cause my girl told me.....my moms used to tell me to stop but i didnt .......................just quit and do her a favor..(plus i think that gut feelin is bullshit she thinks you sucks tooo......

El mammero, you are wise beyond your years. I was planning on talking to her about it tonight. She's not asking me to choose between her and graf, just worried. I'll make a deal with her or something like I'll only do it in safe places or some ish where a cop won't see me. Intercept, fuck you. I didn't say I want to be a black book warrior, I said if I quit painting I would be reduced to a wannabe, a black book warrior. Learn how to read. Not only that but you suck at life and probably at sports too. Retard.

Originally posted by teister:

El mammero, you are wise beyond your years. I was planning on talking to her about it tonight. She's not asking me to choose between her and graf, just worried. I'll make a deal with her or something like I'll only do it in safe places or some ish where a cop won't see me. Intercept, fuck you. I didn't say I want to be a black book warrior, I said if I quit painting I would be reduced to a wannabe, a black book warrior. Learn how to read. Not only that but you suck at life and probably at sports too. Retard.

My girl said the same thing and I tried to find a medium and it became a mad hectic struggle for time management and sharing of nights together. Then we ended up fighting so bad I told her to get the fuck out and she called the cops because I wouldn't give her all her shit one day and I went to jail for domestic violence....and have the charges pending .....

It's a complete and total waste of your time....

FUCK HER!!!!

LEAVE HER!!!!

yah fuk bitches be a player

having a girlfreind is kinda like doin the same peice over and over again

woudlnt u rather do a diffrent peice everynight?

------------------

"So analyze me surprise me but cant magmatize me"

-nas

hey teister..

girls are very powerful... and sometimes are right. first of all.. anyone saying girls are bitches, probably don't got the right idea and attitude. i mean losing a girl is like losing your arm sometimes.

when she had a bad feeling about you painting.. was she thinking in terms of physical or legal matters?

cuz if its physical.. then just wear a mask and gloves.. and follow other precautions.

if its legal.. then maybe you should really be careful and she's probably just caring about you [which is good].

sometimes girls have this hindsight. i don't know how to explain it, but sometimes girls like all people can feel shit.. have that gut feeling that something is going to happen. maybe in your case, she's feeling something bad coming in your future so she's asking u to chill a lil bit, like a lil vacation.

of course, u got free will. but its either you be happy cuz u do something for yourself.. or u just keep quiet and follow someone else's wishes, which maintains happiness and peace as well.

good luck.

apparently a lot of people on this board need relationship counselling. dude what the hell are you doing changing your life for someone else. NO ONE, not even your girlfriend, your mom, your dad, the POLICE have the right to ask you to not do something you want to do. i mean sure love is give and take, but you should never feel pressured to change for anyone. explain to her that you want to keep writing and youre sorry that she has a weird feeling about it. but i mean you knew it was risky business to begin with so you HAD to be expecting some sort of consequence at some point down the line. its almost inevitable. so you're probably prepared for whatever she's talking about and its just part of the game. but dont be a dick about it like everyone's saying. be really nice and discuss it not say "suck it bitch!" if she's a rational person worthy of your time then she'll understand.

you were painting before you met her. its touching thats she is worried about you though. i know know what to tell you but if youll keep to the blackbook for this girl thats cool, but if you continue to do graffiti youre going to have to deal with your girl worrying about you all the time

Archived