i hate trucks

rip

well to be exact i hate my truck. piece of giant crap. thing died on me when i was leaving base. now its at 3000 rpm at idle, pours blue smoke out of the pipe. its a giant piece of crap. could be air flow meter which costs about $500. or the motor could die. life sucks.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by Dirty_habiT

Ooooh blue smoke.... I *think* that means oil leak.... could be wrong. and if your engine is idling at that 3k, that could mean it's overheating, which would be a symptom of oil leak or,,, fuckit I dunno shit about cars.

no its not an oil leak. doesnt over heat.

Originally posted by krie

if smokes comin outta exhaust normally means theres oil burning with petrol

^The man has a point, and your air filter isn't going to catch that much crap..Sorry brother your problems dig deeper than a Air Flow Meter..

Guest T E A S E R

:mad2: speaking of car problems...

my shit is fucked up to. i was riding today and the fucking whole front end fell like it was about to fall off... piece of shit.

i cant stand when shit fucks up, and i really cant stand paying some mother fucker to fix it and it costing me 700 bucks and the shit fucking up worse than when i gave it to the person...

mother fuckers!!!

Originally posted by T E A S E R

my shit is fucked up to. i was riding today and the fucking whole front end fell like it was about to fall off... piece of shit.

my guess is that your ride is attempting to 'shake them haters off'

yeah, i bought my car only to haev it break down like 6 months later, be out for 6 months, bought a new engine (just engine, no carb or alternator or anything else), they used the carb from the old engine, so to make things all match, a guy from work offered to rebuild the aformentioned carb cuz he said he graduated from auto school, me being the nice guy said ok, well, he basically broke it horrible, so now if i floor it, the thing dies, if i drive for a while, check engine light comes on, he broke the downshift cable, so the power is gone really, so now i need a new carb, which wouldnt be bad, but i dont have 500 dollars to get the quadrajet car that i need. what shouldl i do, kill him? hahahha. nah, but i had a semi truck take of my rear view mirror, which was the scariest experience ever, ask about it and i will tell you

Guest T E A S E R
Originally posted by When

my guess is that your ride is attempting to 'shake them haters off'

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

LoLz LOZL LOLZZZZZZZ HAHAAH AHAA LAO ALOAL OLAHAAGAGAA

HOLY FUCKAHHA HAOAHAL ALO LOLlzzlozlzozlzozlzz

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:cool:

LEARN TO WORK ON YOUR OWN CAR

If you're going to run one, wrench on it yourself. Any other choice involves K-Y lubricant, your shorts around your ankles, and an imbecile mechanic with an impressive woody for your bank account.

If your truck has blown blue smoke when you start it and it has gotten worse,then your rings are going bad......causing "blow-by"...as far as the engine reving up 3000rpm.....it might have jumped time or something with your fuel injection or carb may have become stuck.....your head gasket isn't blown....because if it was there would be shitloads of anti-freeze gushing to the ground when it was started...case closed.

That anti-freeze thing is only true if the head gasket was totally compromised and the water jacket was exposed to exhaust gases. I've had a couple of bad head gaskets over the years where the truck would still run, but it overheated within minutes ('67 International L1100 pick-up) and one where the cylinder filled with coolant and the engine locked up tighter than a drum because water is not compressible ('72 Datsun 1/2 ton pick-up.) With the IH, it was a V-8, and I just pulled the heads, sent them to a machine shop to be milled and while they were there, a couple of new valves, re-ground seats, new inserts and new seals. It wasn't that hard.

With the Datsun, the fucker blew up on me outside of El Paso in August. It was 113 in the shade, and I had my girlfriend and my dog with me. I spent 48 hours trying to replace an in-line four-cylinder head gasket in a K-Mart parking lot, and finally rented a U-Haul truck and a tow-bar and hauled it to California. I would have been much better off to have just pulled the plates on it and abandoned it, but I am stubborn and it pissed me off that I couldn't get the goddamned timing chain back on correctly. Back in CA, I worked in a Shell station. So, with some advice from my boss, I tried again with the truck in the lube bays (and out of the 113 degree Texas heat) and put it together in an afternoon.

It ran okay, but we blew it up for good about three years later, in Idaho. It threw a rod right out through the pan.

Archived