I hate FOX News

CILONE/SK

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/how-roger-ailes-built-the-fox-news-fear-factory-20110525

This article reminded me of how much I hate Fox News and the lies that they push to further their agenda.

Actually I do not know who I hate more, Fox News or the retards that swallow everything they say, even if it is against their own beliefs or is actually promoting a thinly disguised effort to take away freedoms.

I guess if you dress something up in red, white, and blue, anyone will believe it.

Fucking retards.

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

and who do YOU suppose provides them with the "truth"? Would the supreme court decide what the "truth" is? Would the truth come from the Ministry of Truth? or maybe from a Truth Czar?

The reporting that Fox news provides for the most part is shit, I agree, but once you allow the govt to decide what is truth and what is not I think you have stepped in the way of say...Burma. Go there...they decide whats news...

its up to the viewer to take some responsibility to decide what is truth or not. Not that of the Supreme Court.

so, there are no ways to verify information huh? haha there is no responsibility for a news organization to present things as they occur, in a truthful way? so everything we ever hear is up for debate? let me guess, the holocaust didn't happen?

i love it, another person who thinks there are a bazillion truths and facts .

no, there are a million ways to interpret information. but the information remains the same.

it wasn't about the government deciding what is the truth, it's about holding a major news organization accountable for disseminating what they know to be bullshit as truth. oh wow. so amazing.

nope I 100% believe the Holocaust happened, do not deny that in the slightest. Pretty ignorant on your behalf to say just because I say the SCOTUS should not decide what news organization reports what that I would be a holocaust denier.

Nope, i do not think there are a bazillion truths and facts, but I am adult enough to wade through news stories, opinion pieces, commentary, as well as different news outlet both main stream and grass roots etc to decide for my self what i think the truth is. Not every thing is so cut and dry. Maybe in your world it is, so i ask you again...who do YOU believe can provide us with the truth ?

and one other thing...

this here "it disgusted me when the supreme court decided they have no responsibility to report the truth." is about the govt deciding the truth.

oh you mean National Palestinian Radio?

i kid i kid.

of course 'truth' is up for bids and interpretation of sources, but outright lies published as truth to a complacent populace? its not the onion or the weekly world news, its not just entertainment. its an agenda driven propaganda machine. fox has made a mockery of the US people and unfortunately those folks don't get the joke, but they do vote.

the obama administration cant even get the story straight whether bin laden was armed or he wasnt, whether he was holding his wife hostage or not, whether he was this or that... what should we do, throw every news company, reporter, anchor, etc in prison if they all put out 1000 different versions of what 'happened?'

you know the easiest way to handle the issue of truth in news reporting? you listen to people who tell the truth. no need for some supreme court ruling throwing people in jail for practicing free speech, no need for a truth ministry, no need for none of this.

I agree with you Fist, but its up to you the viewer or non viewer to decide if this mindless dribble that O'Rielly or Maddow read off to you is the information you would like to hear. Us as humans were given a brain in order to formulate choices and opinions. If some people want to follow the shit fox or msnbc as their source of fodder then so be it. Its not my mind, I choose to listen to many sources and when a topic comes up I delve deeper into, research it formulating my own opinion. The complacent masses not only listen to Fox, the listen to CNN, MSNBC etc. the complacent masses are the ones still driving around with a peace symbol and a obama sticker. its on both sides. Its up to you and I to choose which way we receive our news, not some jackass in the Government.

That has been tried before...and usually does not work out too well.

I do not think some of you understand what your talking about. Not saying this in a bad way, just saying it.

Fox is hiding as journalism, when in fact it is nothing of the sort. They have single handedly lowered the journalistic bar more then any other event ever. They are making news, vs reporting the news. This is bad, because the masses get confused as to what is real and what is opinion. If you take out the talking heads because they truly are only talking about their own opinions, regardless of what network they are on, fox is still not being honest with their news reporting. The reason their ratings are so high is because they only talk about stuff that gets peoples blood boiling and if something will not do that, they mix in something that will do that, whether or not it is a fact. They have very much lost their journalistic integrity. Here are the Society of Professional Journalism Code of Ethics:Preamble

Members of the Society of Professional Journalists believe that public enlightenment is the forerunner of justice and the foundation of democracy. The duty of the journalist is to further those ends by seeking truth and providing a fair and comprehensive account of events and issues. Conscientious journalists from all media and specialties strive to serve the public with thoroughness and honesty. Professional integrity is the cornerstone of a journalist's credibility. Members of the Society share a dedication to ethical behavior and adopt this code to declare the Society's principles and standards of practice.

The SPJ Code of Ethics is voluntarily embraced by thousands of journalists, regardless of place or platform, and is widely used in newsrooms and classrooms as a guide for ethical behavior. The code is intended not as a set of "rules" but as a resource for ethical decision-making. It is not — nor can it be under the First Amendment — legally enforceable.

For an expanded explanation, please follow this link.

Seek Truth and

Report It

Journalists should be honest, fair and courageous in gathering, reporting and interpreting information.

Journalists should:

— Test the accuracy of information from all sources and exercise care to avoid inadvertent error. Deliberate distortion is never permissible.

— Diligently seek out subjects of news stories to give them the opportunity to respond to allegations of wrongdoing.

— Identify sources whenever feasible. The public is entitled to as much information as possible on sources' reliability.

— Always question sources’ motives before promising anonymity. Clarify conditions attached to any promise made in exchange for information. Keep promises.

— Make certain that headlines, news teases and promotional material, photos, video, audio, graphics, sound bites and quotations do not misrepresent. They should not oversimplify or highlight incidents out of context.

— Never distort the content of news photos or video. Image enhancement for technical clarity is always permissible. Label montages and photo illustrations.

— Avoid misleading re-enactments or staged news events. If re-enactment is necessary to tell a story, label it.

— Avoid undercover or other surreptitious methods of gathering information except when traditional open methods will not yield information vital to the public. Use of such methods should be explained as part of the story

— Never plagiarize.

— Tell the story of the diversity and magnitude of the human experience boldly, even when it is unpopular to do so.

— Examine their own cultural values and avoid imposing those values on others.

— Avoid stereotyping by race, gender, age, religion, ethnicity, geography, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance or social status.

— Support the open exchange of views, even views they find repugnant.

— Give voice to the voiceless; official and unofficial sources of information can be equally valid.

— Distinguish between advocacy and news reporting. Analysis and commentary should be labeled and not misrepresent fact or context.

— Distinguish news from advertising and shun hybrids that blur the lines between the two.

— Recognize a special obligation to ensure that the public's business is conducted in the open and that government records are open to inspection.

Minimize Harm

Ethical journalists treat sources, subjects and colleagues as human beings deserving of respect.

Journalists should:

— Show compassion for those who may be affected adversely by news coverage. Use special sensitivity when dealing with children and inexperienced sources or subjects.

— Be sensitive when seeking or using interviews or photographs of those affected by tragedy or grief.

— Recognize that gathering and reporting information may cause harm or discomfort. Pursuit of the news is not a license for arrogance.

— Recognize that private people have a greater right to control information about themselves than do public officials and others who seek power, influence or attention. Only an overriding public need can justify intrusion into anyone’s privacy.

— Show good taste. Avoid pandering to lurid curiosity.

— Be cautious about identifying juvenile suspects or victims of sex crimes.

— Be judicious about naming criminal suspects before the formal filing of charges.

— Balance a criminal suspect’s fair trial rights with the public’s right to be informed.

Act Independently

Journalists should be free of obligation to any interest other than the public's right to know.

Journalists should:

—Avoid conflicts of interest, real or perceived.

— Remain free of associations and activities that may compromise integrity or damage credibility.

— Refuse gifts, favors, fees, free travel and special treatment, and shun secondary employment, political involvement, public office and service in community organizations if they compromise journalistic integrity.

— Disclose unavoidable conflicts.

— Be vigilant and courageous about holding those with power accountable.

— Deny favored treatment to advertisers and special interests and resist their pressure to influence news coverage.

— Be wary of sources offering information for favors or money; avoid bidding for news.

Be Accountable

Journalists are accountable to their readers, listeners, viewers and each other.

Journalists should:

— Clarify and explain news coverage and invite dialogue with the public over journalistic conduct.

— Encourage the public to voice grievances against the news media.

— Admit mistakes and correct them promptly.

— Expose unethical practices of journalists and the news media.

— Abide by the same high standards to which they hold others.

Even though it is voluntary Fox News is obviously not voluntarily following this.

They are making it, so that all reporters need to mix their own opinion in with reporting, just to keep their jobs, which waters down what the true facts are. They are selling the idiots who listen and watch them to the highest bidder.

Then again, has FOX news ever represented itself as impartial and completely factual in so many words? It's obviously entertainment masquerading as journalism, the sad thing is that there's a lot of people who don't get the joke...that happens when you don't teach kids the value of critical thinking.

Then again, has FOX news ever represented itself as impartial and completely factual in so many words? It's obviously entertainment masquerading as journalism, the sad thing is that there's a lot of people who don't get the joke...that happens when you don't teach kids the value of critical thinking.

They actually do say the are "Fair and Balanced", which they obviously are not.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

At least we got Glenn Beck off the air.

A great victory for progressives.

Don't let Beck fool you in to thinking that he left on his own to "move on".

He left because Media Matters & Van Jones waged an ad boycott campaign over the past couple of years after he said Obama hates white people. Over 400 advertisers eventually said they would not advertise on Beck's program, or any other Fox shows in which Beck appeared as a guest.

Roger Ailes began to face the reality that Beck was becoming a liability, and wouldn't agree to renewing his contract, unless it were at a lower salary, which Beck wouldn't abide by.

So it's directly related to actions by progressives.

vitriol, pure and simple, which is why i'm glad he's gone.

they still have plenty of idiotic hatemongers though, i don't feel it's changed them a bit

glad to see people defending their right to lie though. very telling.

:haha:

I am glad the News of the World is closing, it is a scum bag rag of a newspaper. Pure tabloid shite. Also the hacking scandal is pretty damaging to the companies image as a whole. Loads of huge companies pulled advertising.

I don't know if it gets reported much in the US but they were hacking phone messages of terror attacks, a missing schoolgirl who ended up dead, paying police for information etc etc just really unethical stuff in general, but what can you expect of anything Rupert Murdoch is involved in. The man is a cunt.

I think it's sad that a lot of innocent people will lose their jobs in this economy just because Brooks wouldn't resign and Murdoch Jr didn't want to take any of the wrap. So instead of 5 arrests there will be 500 job losses and James Murdoch has been given the perfect excuse to set in play the massive cost cutting exercise he wanted.