i hate anime

Santa Claus

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i wont take you seriously unless i know if you've seen movies like Ghost in the Shell or even Ninja Skroll. if you have seen these and still think so, then i can accept your opinion. if not, go see 'em, then tell us what you think

a lot of anime i prefer on DVD because you can put them in english. i think ninja skroll has english on video, but Ghost in the Shell is in japanese with english subtitles. such an amazing movie artwise it is a must to be able to catch all the amazing art instead of needing to read subtitles. honestly, i don't know whether blockbuster has them or not, i just get them at a local mom and pop store that specializes in asian/japanese products

i dunno what it's like for the folks in the states, but nearly every video store in melbourne (if not all australia) has a manga section in it. and 95% of the movies are in english. battle angel alita is one of my faves, but the all-time greatest anime movie is akira, hands down.

bug is right, you can't really talk shit until you've seen some good movies. i used to talk a heap of shit about anime, but i never really watched any. then i watched ninja scroll and that was fucking nuts. i don't know how blockbuster's anime selection is, but i know i've seen ninja scroll and ghost in the shell (dubbed in english) on some of the big movie channels. they used to show that shit a lot, but i don't know if they still do or not cause we got basic cable at my place. encore's action channel shows a lot of good anime too.

cowboy bebop is good, i didn't like it at first cause there's a lot of drama and not a lot of shit getting blown up. outlaw star comes on cartoon network at 12:30 during the week. that is damn good. good plot, lots of action, and a good variety of action at that.

dragon ball z is dumb as fuck. cheap ass, lazy, kid-ish animation. most, if not all, of the good anime i've seen is absolutely nothing like that shit.

Archived