i had an MRI toay

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest im not witty

how much did that shit cost. im thinking i need one. seriously.

was it a check up or a doctor reccomended thing. can i just go in the doctors office and say son, what you got on my MRI?

Eww, I had an MRI last friday for my right knee, it was my second time getting one done. The one I had before was for my left knee. I hate them, you have to lay like perfectly still (for 45 mintues) putting up with the annoying noises the machine makes. I fell asleep too, when I woke up i wanted to move my leg so bad, but i couldn't otherwise i would have to retake it. It was like i couldn't feel it anymore because i had kept it still for so long.

Edit- I'm pretty sure my parent's insurance covered it (im still a minor). And I think it was a doctor recomended thing because I went in and showed and told them what was wrong with my knee, they said get an MRI. We called this other place, set it up, and now have to go back to the doc with the results.

i've had three... slept through all of them...

Originally posted by im not witty@Jun 6 2005, 06:00 PM

how much did that shit cost. im thinking i need one. seriously.

was it a check up or a doctor reccomended thing. can i just go in the doctors office and say son, what you got on my MRI?

mad expensive...

you don't need one...

Guest im not witty

i think i have a tumor in my brain. thats why i was asking. i have my own insurance. but im also possibly a hypochondriac. if i just go say hey i think i have a tumor gimme an MRI.... can i get one?

Guest im not witty

thats the thing, i dont have a normal doctor. can i go to an urgent care as long as you got insurance well see your broke ass type place and get one? i always get the feeling those doctors dont know shit. heres a bandaid. heres an aspirin.

i never ever go to a doctor because i think all of em usually don't know shit.

plus i work with a ton of them.

i normally just go to an ER whenever i really need medical attention

they will see you if you have insurance, but they will probably try to direct you to a regular primary care kinda doctor unless its urgent.

you might need to feed em a few lines about crazy headaches you keep getting

as far as whether they're good, depends on the ER i guess.

depending on the area you live in, there may be a free clinic kind of place where you can see a family doctor without having to go to an ER

google i guess.

witty...unfortunately you're gonna have to have a doctor sign off on it. there are of course a couple of ways you can go about that...an ER visit where you tell the physician your symptoms...if they warrant an mri or cat scan...he'll throw you in there, otherwise the free clinic might be a starting point.

I personally know that telling the ER you wiped out wakeboarding, hit your head really hard on the water and haven't been able to keep any food down for a couple of days will get you a cat scan.

One of my personal friends is a kick ass doctor....I always call him first and get his opinion on whether or not he thinks its serious enough to go see my normal doc.

Guest Pilau Hands

i took two MRIs a little while ago as a research study. one of my biggest fears is being buried alive / becoming a quadriplegic / just plain wanting to move and not being able to...it was quite an experience.

$100 though!