i guess im a music snob but...

Guest fr8lover

Guest fr8lover

dont you fuggin hate the guy down the hall (or anywhere i guess) that plays every hit song that came out since 1993? no musical taste, just likes what he heard on mtv or power super alternative x y z buzz 108.9...its really pissing me off

dudes playing "peaches" by pusa right now...that song rocked.....back in 95. hes played alien ant farm, and that "WHY DO YOU ALWAYS KICK ME WHEN IM HIGHHHH" song...

OK NOW HES PLAYING "THE MIDDLE" decent song, but i GUARANTEE hes never heard another jimmy eat world song. fucking jerk.

im going to bump some thursday, once he gets a melodic screaming workout he wont know what hit him.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by fr8lover

im going to bump some thursday, once he gets a melodic screaming workout he wont know what hit him.

He might start doing the same soon, with Understanding In A Car Crash getting rotation on Much and being used in some MTV movie or something of that nature.

I kinda hate when I bring my CDs somewhere with me, and all the fuckin' top twenty kids wanna hear the same fuckin' hit song off the CD, over, and over, and over. Usually by the time I buy a CD, I'm already too sick of the hit(s) to even listen to them.

Whats with the pop emo/pop punk culture blowing up all of the sudden? I went to atom and his package a few nights back and he was playing with a few of the local pop punk bands and I thaught I was at the mall.

1. I felt old first of all and considering that I am not 20 yet that is sad.

2. When was is cool for the junior prom king and queen to come to shows?

3. The local pop punk bands had well over 300 people watching them but when Atom played maybe half of that crowd was in ther.

My friend thomas just got a new room mate from St Louis and he was talking to me about it. He said he has never seen anything like this where kids pay to get into a show and watch one band and spend the rest of thier time standing outside so that anyone that drives by can see them nd know they are "punk rock". He also has never seen 12 year olds at shows with thier parents. And the sad part about all these things is that here in Louisville I have gotten used to them because that is everyday occourance and a "pop/punk" show. Thank god going to hardcore shows isn't cool anymore.

Guest fr8lover

the I play some halo benders and the dudes like "what is this junk?"

fuggin nightmare walking...

im playing sebadoh really loud now.

its funny how the people at my work don't like my music. they're listening to shit that i was into in 1993, back when it was new. now that it's been assimilated by the masses and played on the radio 6.8 million times, it sounds good to them. i'm sure in 2010 they will be listening to the stuff i'm playing now, and wont remember that they once didn't like it, because bug the weird guy played it, and it wasn't played on the radio 50 times a day.

Guest fr8lover
Originally posted by bug

its funny how the people at my work don't like my music. they're listening to shit that i was into in 1993, back when it was new. now that it's been assimilated by the masses and played on the radio 6.8 million times, it sounds good to them. i'm sure in 2010 they will be listening to the stuff i'm playing now, and wont remember that they once didn't like it, because bug the weird guy played it, and it wasn't played on the radio 50 times a day.

word up...real music fans unite!

i hate the way these people think music isn't music until it has shifted millions of units and recieved nausiating ammounts of air pla.

Man that reminds me..

I was at this party on New Years eve right. t was my cousin's birthday party and somehow she had got a keg and like..a couple ounces of bud(My late christmas present was like a dub...heh). Anyway, shes a metal/Punk/Pop punk kid(Whos only pop punk becuase she likes some of the bands looks and maybe one or two songs.) Anyway, I'm like, "Fuck it, I'm gonna bring over some hip hop and shit to even it out" and she says cool. So I bring over my CD case which contained "Expansion Team" by Dilated Peoples, Deltron 3030, some D-12, some underground shit a guy at school gave me and a couple others. So I'm up in her room where alot of the stupid preppy white bitches are at. I Pop in Dilated and let it play through for awhile. I go downstairs to grab part of the party Sub she ordered. Go back upstairs and D-12 is in the CD player. Now, I don't mind this, I like D-12 and I wouldn't have brought it if I didn't like it. However this stupid white bitch who was talking Like "I Sucked 2 black dudes cock's last night and swallowed it all."(And shes 14...which Disgusts me.) Anyway she continued to play the song about being a pimp(You know, the one where Eminem says the song was about Kim at the end. Sorry I don't remember the name.) So anyway, I let that play then take the CD out, and pop in Stankonia. Go into the next room to hit a blunt. Come back...and the song is ON AGAIN! Not to mention my CDs are now sandwhiched under a damn Big Gulp from 7-11. So I Once again change CDs..this time I opt for Slipknot figuring I'd get back at them. The bitch reaches in, pulls out the CD, and plays the D-12 SONG AGAIN. I was like "Bitch, You best stop doin' that shit.". Fuckin' drunkass whitegirls. Too bad assualt laws prevented me from venting my Anger. She started hitting on my boy after that becuase he was a big black guy, which he had this look on his face like "Yo, get this bitch off of me before I go Akira on her ass." That was one of those nights that I got pissed off over some little shit, then calmed down after a few joints. But seriously, this kind of goes with the "People who only listen to hits on a CD" thing, Why is it that all these preppy ass girls listen to songs off CDs about them being sluts. I mean seriously its like they have no self respect. Anyway now I'm rambling. Until Next time....

Originall posted by fr8lover: dont you fuggin hate the guy down the hall (or anywhere i guess) that plays every hit song that came out since 1993? no musical taste, just likes what he heard on mtv or power super alternative x y z buzz 108.9...its really pissing me off

reminds me very much of my roomate from the second half of last year..and especially since i think i have a more refined taste in music (meaning i listen mainly to jazz, classical, african, latin, brasilian, all those rythms and obscure shit...not to say i dont check out or respect anything beyond those, music is everywhere and i always want to learn more)..it pissed me off even more to hear the hits over and over and over...its like having a wack radiostation right in your room and your roomate is the guy who puts the cd in which repeats itself all day long, just like they do on bad radion.........

:mad:

Originally posted by fr8lover

the I play some halo benders

ahhhhh shit, fr8lover bustin out w/ the ILLEST of NW indie.

innie outie i dont care

dont say no just say you dont know no dont say no just say you dont know

fuck, dug AND calvin, what a great combo....

Guest railroadjerk

worddd, halo benders like a motherfucker!

i got into halo benders and a little treepeople after liking built to spill for a long time...they fuckin rock...im playing some right now.

DONT TOUCH MY GRAFFITTIIIIII

Guest Dr. Drew

damn, halo benders were great. i loved early built to spill too. tree people....you guys ever into Polvo? good stuff. i was never the biggest beat happening fan, though.

Guest railroadjerk

beat happening is a little TOO lofi for my tastes, i dont konw if that can exist i like that stuff so much but its calvin getting down...ill listen to it.

you guys on the pavement tip get some preston school of industry...spiral stairs new band...pretty decent.

Guest whoami
Originally posted by Zack Morris

Whats with the pop emo/pop punk culture blowing up all of the sudden? I went to atom and his package a few nights back and he was playing with a few of the local pop punk bands and I thaught I was at the mall.

3. The local pop punk bands had well over 300 people watching them but when Atom played maybe half of that crowd was in ther.

My friend thomas just got a new room mate from St Louis and he was talking to me about it. He said he has never seen anything like this where kids pay to get into a show and watch one band and spend the rest of thier time standing outside so that anyone that drives by can see them nd know they are "punk rock". He also has never seen 12 year olds at shows with thier parents. And the sad part about all these things is that here in Louisville I have gotten used to them because that is everyday occourance and a "pop/punk" show. Thank god going to hardcore shows isn't cool anymore.

Wow I know where your coming from with all this emo publicity.....The last show Junior high kids and the highschool football team was their...I wanted to ghostride my bike into them, then yell...and walk home drinking my nesquik....

Guest whoami

Re: Man that reminds me..

Originally posted by EssAyEmEe3

I was at this party on New Years eve right. t was my cousin's birthday party and somehow she had got a keg and like..a couple ounces of bud(My late christmas present was like a dub...heh). Anyway, shes a metal/Punk/Pop punk kid(Whos only pop punk becuase she likes some of the bands looks and maybe one or two songs.) Anyway, I'm like, "Fuck it, I'm gonna bring over some hip hop and shit to even it out" and she says cool. So I bring over my CD case which contained "Expansion Team" by Dilated Peoples, Deltron 3030, some D-12, some underground shit a guy at school gave me and a couple others. So I'm up in her room where alot of the stupid preppy white bitches are at. I Pop in Dilated and let it play through for awhile. I go downstairs to grab part of the party Sub she ordered. Go back upstairs and D-12 is in the CD player. Now, I don't mind this, I like D-12 and I wouldn't have brought it if I didn't like it. However this stupid white bitch who was talking Like "I Sucked 2 black dudes cock's last night and swallowed it all."(And shes 14...which Disgusts me.) Anyway she continued to play the song about being a pimp(You know, the one where Eminem says the song was about Kim at the end. Sorry I don't remember the name.) So anyway, I let that play then take the CD out, and pop in Stankonia. Go into the next room to hit a blunt. Come back...and the song is ON AGAIN! Not to mention my CDs are now sandwhiched under a damn Big Gulp from 7-11. So I Once again change CDs..this time I opt for Slipknot figuring I'd get back at them. The bitch reaches in, pulls out the CD, and plays the D-12 SONG AGAIN. I was like "Bitch, You best stop doin' that shit.". Fuckin' drunkass whitegirls. Too bad assualt laws prevented me from venting my Anger. She started hitting on my boy after that becuase he was a big black guy, which he had this look on his face like "Yo, get this bitch off of me before I go Akira on her ass." That was one of those nights that I got pissed off over some little shit, then calmed down after a few joints. But seriously, this kind of goes with the "People who only listen to hits on a CD" thing, Why is it that all these preppy ass girls listen to songs off CDs about them being sluts. I mean seriously its like they have no self respect. Anyway now I'm rambling. Until Next time....

Shit man are you from st.louis? I'm from outside their in Illinois....seems like 70% of the girls at my highschool act like their down because they like nelly and jay-z and fucked 30 black guys......

Re: Re: Man that reminds me..

Originally posted by whoami

Shit man are you from st.louis? I'm from outside their in Illinois....seems like 70% of the girls at my highschool act like their down because they like nelly and jay-z and fucked 30 black guys......

I know shit. They are the biggest posers i've ever seen. I Know some girls who've never listened to rap or anything like that before, but after Nelly came out its like. "Nelly is the tightest rapper". Its enough to make someone go nuts. Thats why I HATE Nelly.

some emo bitch wouldnt let me bum a cigarette off her tonite cause she heard me roll up listening to earth crisis. she had the fucking pack in her hand when i asked, she was all 'i dont have any more' and as i was walking away she said something about my music and proceeded to pop another smoke into her mouth... bitch

Originally posted by Zack Morris

Although Atom and His Package is relatively underground, his style still sounds pretty pop-punkey. I mean, he has a very unique sound what with the use of the package and all.. however the songs still sound like pop-punk. I like Atom and His Package... Thats good stuff.

Archived