i got stung by a jellyfish 3 times

T.T Boy

or by 3 different jellyfish. one on my arm, one on my shoulder, and get ready to laugh at me, one on my right testicle. thats right got stung in the balls. now im sunburnt, and have a stinging ball. i will say the beach was very worth it though. if your ever in south italy, watch out for jelly fish in the late afternoon. im gonna go rub my ball now.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I never been stung by a jellyfish, but judging by the people I know that have been stung by one, they make it seem like it's the most painfully horrific blood-curdling sting known to man. I'd hate to swim into a swarm of them.

I hear the Portugese Man-of-War are the biggest and most deadliest.

http://www3.hpu.edu/kalamalama/archive/2708/Current%20Webphotos/p20%20win_crassj-jellyfish.jpg'>

Originally posted by TheoHuxtab|e

I hear the Portugese Man-of-War are the biggest and most deadliest.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/yagevines/manowar.jpg'>

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/yagevines/man-o-war.jpg'>

This things suck so much ass. They're not jelly-fish, though.

Man-o-War Funfacts..

Portuguese Man-O-War

Physalia physalis

Portuguese Man-of-War is actually a colony of organisms, each with it's special function. The gas-filled bubble or float is blue to pale purple and transparent. The long, thread-like tentacles can reach up to 15 meters and are armed with thousands of stinging cells called nematocysts. Some tentacles are short and straight and others are long and coiled. These Man-of-War float on currents and are washed up on Texas beaches during the spring to late summer. They are carnivorous, feeding on small fish and other small animals that get caught in the tentacles. Their primary predators are Sea turtles and Purple Storm Snails.

How to Avoid

Watch along the beach before going swimming or wading to see if you can find any Man-of War washed up which would indicate that they are in the area. They are sometimes difficult to see in the surf because of the their color and they look like foam from a wave. Besides, with those long tentacles, you may never see the float of the one that stings you. Avoid stepping on beached Man-of-War since the stinging cells remain toxic even when the rest of the organisms have died.

What to Do

Stings produce what seem to be burning rash streaks where the tentacles have made contact. It is important not to rub the area, although this is a natural instinct. You can use a driver's license or credit card to scrape off the tentacles, which are almost invisible. One of the most effective and inexpensive treatments for the pain of the sting is placing the affected area under hot (not scalding) water or applying warm compresses. Non-prescription hydrocortisone cream or antihistamine tablets may relieve the itching rash that may follow a sting. If severe allergic reactions are experienced, medical attention should be sought.

Used to see this all the time when I visited my grandmother down in Florida and went to the beach. If you ever see a blue flag at a beach, don't go in the water.