Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

i got a virus. need help ASAP

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Mr. Mang, Jun 3, 2002.

1. Mr. Mang

Mr. Mang Elite Member

so i went to check my mail before school and i think i got a virus. there was no attachment that i saw to download, but it defintiely looks suspicious. if i opened the mail but NOT the attachment does that mean i'm alright?

The following mail can't be sent to [email protected]:

To: [email protected]
    Subject: . . . click here!
    The attachment is the original mail

i never sent a mail to them that i recall, and it definitely would not have been 119k.

2. You're probably no infected, but thats not sure.

two things you can do.

1. Send a mail to your self, if you recieve two messages insted of one, you're infected(some viruses work that way/not all though).

2. Go to Mcaffe's site or Norton's download the trial or do the free check thing.

Lucks

3. dai

dai Senior Member

i might not be a computer expert...

[​IMG]

4. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

if you dont download and execute the attatchment, you can not get the virus.

http://ltpwww.gsfc.nasa.gov/globe/pvg/21-2addt.jpg'>

now that thats over, you can get back to making raver drugs in your own home.

5. Mr. Mang

Mr. Mang Elite Member

thanks for all the help tesseract. i'll make sure i go to those virus scan place when i get home.

i didn't open the attachment (but the mail was opened just in hotmail)

i ran my 'e-trust' antivirus program (but i think it may be a pretty cheap program)

i ran my 'evidence eliminator' program to get rid of any cookies and things like that...

i'm just kind of afraid to restart the computer.

6. NATO

NATO Guest

all this shit is way over my head but cant you get viri (?) from just openeing an email not the attatchment.

7. Mr. Mang

Mr. Mang Elite Member

^ that's what i was thinking also.

8. colour

colour Member

uhmmm not viruses exactly

but people can gain access to information on your computer through code that is embedded into email.

javascript
    activex

and such, however its usually Outlook Express that is almost always vulnerable to these methods.

a virus is sort of like a "program" itself, so it has to be ran.

one thing you should do if you use Outlook Express, turn off the preview plane.

the preview plane automatically opens up the email and runs whatever code it has. its a good idea to run an anti-virus scanner that scans email as they download, like norton.