i got a medical question,

vinyl junkie

i am currently on anti-biotics... "cipro" to be exact...

i've been told that drinking makes them not work...

i've also been told that it'll just fuck up your stomach lining or something like that...

there's also no label on the bottle saying "don't drink"...

so, think i can get wasted? i'm really bored...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_El Mamerro

You're in the clear. Drink up.

Alcohol is dangerous with only three kinds of antibiotics (metronidazole, cephamandole, ketoconazole), it's fine with the rest. The problem is that since you pee more while drinking, it may lessen the effectiveness of the antibiotic itself. This could lead to death.

There is no particular physical danger, but if you want the antibiotic to work properly you shouldn't be drinking on it. Alcohol can saturate certain liver pathways that other drugs need to work, rendering them less active. For example, a particular drug may be inactive in the form you swallow it in but is converted into an effective drug after being metabolized in the liver. I don't know if this is true with cipro but you'd be better off just not drinking instead of lowering the effectiveness of the drug and creating new strains of resistant disease through your lack of self control.

my leg is rotting off... hence the cipro...

if the booze makes he antibiotics not work then the worst that can happen is i lose my leg below the knee... i think it's worth it...

unless antibiotics and malt liquer are like pop rocks and coke... fuck...

imma trust mamerro on this... between him and his dad, i have faith in his knowledge of antibiotic/booze relations...

I was sick the other week and I took erythromycin(antibiotic). I ate some chicken katsu, and then I took a shot of jack. About 15 minutes later my stomach felt very weird, I knew something was wrong, I puked about five times but I felt normal after.

I dont know if it was the meds and alcohol or the food. Because last time I had food poisoning it was much worse.

If you don't finish a course of antibiotics or disrupt the effectiveness of the drug (drinking) you help build the bacteria's immunity against the antibiotics, effectively fucking it up for everybody else. 50 years ago antibiotics was extremely effective against iinfections and now its affect is much milder. Have a cold one for me