I fucking love the city!!!

seeking

so after wasting the last year doing nothing but painting and occasinally traveling, i decided to rejoin society, move to the city and get a job.

so i packed up a small bag of clothes, grabbed my deck from the bottom of my closet and hopped on the train....

a hellish 24 hours later (it would have taken about 10 by car) i stepped foot in philadelphia.

i like philly alot. its not as fucked up as new york, but its not as retarded as jersey (no offense fr80, but your state is filled with morons). you can take a train to any major metropolitan area for about ten bucks... cant beat that. you can ride a bike without folks throwing shit at you (anyone who lives in the midwest in the suburbs should know what im talking about).

Recently i got put onto the wonders of the "egg and cheese sandwhich" from the little carts all over the place. HOT DAMN. $1.50 and you got yourself a big oll hoagie bun stuffed with eggs and cheese. grab a beverage and a pretzel youve got a complete breakfast of champions for $2.80! cant beat that shit. oh, but you dont like fried food huh? well, dont even sweat it son! i got a big ass bowl of fresh fruit from a little chinese lady in another cart, for $2.50! she even threw a banana just "on the love" as they say.

ive been skating home from work everyday, 2 miles, at midnight. shit is so nice, i had forgotten what it was like to be out at night without a bag full of paint and a case of severe paranoia.

right after god invented women, he invented the city, so we could conveniently get food and clothing, all the while being able to watch beautiful women walking all over the place.

seeking/thank you hesh,dusty&beard....team philly representa, HOLLA!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its probably not that philly itself is so inherently cool, but i had been staying in the suburbs where you couldnt walk anyplace. if you walked to the store it took half an hour. shit was wack.

i guess i just like the chaos of the city. it somehow makes me relax. maybe its like stimulation overload or something... who knows... im just happy to be back in a city.

seeks/girls, girls, girls

Originally posted by seeking

so after wasting the last year doing nothing but painting and occasinally traveling, i decided to rejoin society, move to the city and get a job.

so i packed up a small bag of clothes, grabbed my deck from the bottom of my closet and hopped on the train....

a hellish 24 hours later (it would have taken about 10 by car) i stepped foot in philadelphia.

i like philly alot. its not as fucked up as new york, but its not as retarded as jersey (no offense fr80, but your state is filled with morons). you can take a train to any major metropolitan area for about ten bucks... cant beat that. you can ride a bike without folks throwing shit at you (anyone who lives in the midwest in the suburbs should know what im talking about).

Recently i got put onto the wonders of the "egg and cheese sandwhich" from the little carts all over the place. HOT DAMN. $1.50 and you got yourself a big oll hoagie bun stuffed with eggs and cheese. grab a beverage and a pretzel youve got a complete breakfast of champions for $2.80! cant beat that shit. oh, but you dont like fried food huh? well, dont even sweat it son! i got a big ass bowl of fresh fruit from a little chinese lady in another cart, for $2.50! she even threw a banana just "on the love" as they say.

ive been skating home from work everyday, 2 miles, at midnight. shit is so nice, i had forgotten what it was like to be out at night without a bag full of paint and a case of severe paranoia.

right after god invented women, he invented the city, so we could conveniently get food and clothing, all the while being able to watch beautiful women walking all over the place.

seeking/thank you hesh,dusty&beard....team philly representa, HOLLA!

Local Bands you need to like: Dark Day Dawning and This Day Forward.

Their Cds available at Repo on South Street.

Cool Places on South Street:

Space Boy Music (Go upstairs...vynl...)

Jim's Steaks

The Gap (Sure, all gap sell the same thing, but this Gap is SUPER GAP 9000)

Pontiac Grill (Small place were upcoming local bands play, keep checking my band's playing early August...)

Re: Re: I fucking love the city!!!

Originally posted by MisPantalonesEstaEnfuega

Pontiac Grill (Small place were upcoming local bands play, keep checking my band's playing early August...)

you should have written:

"pontiac grill (that shitty place that almost makes you not want to go to lorenzo & sons because all those stupid fucking punk rock kids just sit out there smelling like shit and unfortunitly being alive, keep checking my band's playing early august)

that would have been a little more accurate. :)

whos your band?

Guest --zeSto--

Re: Re: I fucking love the city!!!

Originally posted by MisPantalonesEstaEnfuega

The Gap (Sure, all gap sell the same thing, but this Gap is SUPER GAP 9000)

I have a hard time believing that seeking could enter a gap store,

let alone be excited by the 'super gap 9000':crazy:

i dont really shop at the gap much, but its only because most their stuff doesnt fit me, not cause i dont like it.

im all about solid colors, no logos, and simple designs. thats what the gap is built upon.

i love the gap's ad's. their use of negative space is fucking incredible. im not at all anti gap... not any more so than i am anti-everything i mean.

seeking/i dont mind being a clone oner

Guest --zeSto--

I find that funny!

I guess one of the perks of being an 'equal-oppurtunity-hater' is it's all getting hated on soon enough.

Picture it now.... seeking walks into a gap with a misfits shirt... 6 months later... popgunwar walks out with 3 misfits shirts in the colour of the moment.

Re: Re: Re: I fucking love the city!!!

you should have written:

"pontiac grill (that shitty place that almost makes you not want to go to lorenzo & sons because all those stupid fucking punk rock kids just sit out there smelling like shit and unfortunitly being alive, keep checking my band's playing early august)

that would have been a little more accurate. :)

whos your band?

ok ok ok, that was a little more accurate...

Hitting Bottom...I be screaming.

No offense to anyone but "punks" are stupid looking.

i dont actually own any misfits shirts.

i had one danzig shirt, but i cant find it.

i really dont like logos regardless of who it is, and i cant stand big logos. i have a couple clutch shirts, but even those dont get a whole lot of wear anymore.

im a big fan of white t shirts and tan pants or jeans.

seeking/if it was good enough for kerouac its good enough for me

Guest --zeSto--

I hear you on that... (the simples)

but buying t shirts from the gap is like buying sharpies by mailorder... just not worth it.

but is it's the only place where yo ucan get logo-free gear... then by all means.

zesto/looking and living more like hemmingway every day.

Guest JIGSAW

All day at work I listen to mifits ,danzig ,rancid and bad religion then listen to my boss's bands track, I'm not even into punk...gets tiring...

i would go to 'crooklyn' if my boy that lived there wasnt completely avoiding me and the rest of team 12oz. :rolleyes:

You got the digits. Anytime you feel like coming through... Better make it soon, I'm bouncing on the 5th for another month.

Originally posted by --zeSto--

I hear you on that... (the simples)

but buying t shirts from the gap is like buying sharpies by mailorder... just not worth it.

but is it's the only place where yo ucan get logo-free gear... then by all means.

zesto/looking and living more like hemmingway every day.

go to walmart and for 5 bucks I can get 2 fruit of the loom pocket t-shirts. No logo's, no words just a shirt with a pocket.

Guest Ted Wakowski
Originally posted by --zeSto--

If you can find a rack-friendly Wal Mart then look into Fruit of the Loom blank t-shirts. All shapes and sizes, various colors.

Guest Ted Wakowski

Sorry, I didn't see Morris's response.

About cities, I couldn't agree more. There's something really fresh about the city environment, especially the old, established ones. Steam from grates, brick buildings, rusty fire escapes, weathered graffiti, streetlights, bodegas, train stations and snow, loud noises and late nights. Suburbs can't fucking compete.

gawwwdamit. i wish i can just pack up and leave. the next trip that we are taking is taking amtrak to chicago...i love traveling through trains. did so in europe. and then off we go to texas for the races...but that isnt until december...wahhhhhh.

okay, i'll stop whining.:(

Archived