1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

i fucking hate web design

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by seeking, Dec 25, 2001.

1. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

i fucking hate web design

Discussion started by seeking - Dec 25, 2001

i dont know why i didnt learn this shit properly, instead of fucking trying to hack my way through it... god damnit, i just want to make the page static, but dream weaver just thinks it knows better than i do.... god damnit....

seeking - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  2. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

seeking - Replied Dec 25, 2001

oh yeah, my point is, im trying to make a page thats split up into frames. one top, one middle, then one bottom, but the bottom is also split into two columns. it should be easy, but nope. dreamweaver is fucking sucking. the bottom two, the and middle need to stay aligned, but since they're in different frames, it wont keep them ligned up... any ideas?

3. dosoner

dosoner 12oz Elite Member

dosoner - Replied Dec 25, 2001

i doubt you will like my idea, but i say get rid of dream weaver for a minute, and do the frame coding in notepad, then go back to dreamweaver for the rest after that. then again, i really dont know shit about webdesign, i just screw around with photoshop and quark

dosoner - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  4. dosoner

now that i read that again, i relize i have no idea what you ment, you want a page with three frames, and the one on the bottom is the only one split into 2 columns? if so, that wouldnt be too hard to whip up with notepad.

5. dosoner

i guess, in brief, what you would do is, use your standard <frameset> tag to define the three frames, and in the bottom html source, define the two columns using the <col> tag. i dont know how familar you are with straight html, but i can go into more detail if you want, i have no idea how to do this with dreamweaver, because iv only used it once or twice.

6. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

it wouldnt be if i knew the fucking first thing about writing code. but since thats not the case, its trial and error.

its ok, ive figured it out. now i just need to decide what size window i want it to pop up in. or if i want to keep it in the parent window... i dont care for pop ups normaly, even on cool sites... but i think this might be substantial enough to warrant a seperate free floating platform on which to stand...

7. dosoner

yea, most popups in general kinda piss me off, unless its the kinda thing that would like righ in a full size browser window, i find alot of really good flash sites that use that kinda thing to be up to par as well.

8. sectorTVA

sectorTVA 12oz Senior Member

sectorTVA - Replied Dec 25, 2001

id use tables...but thats just me....tables load faster anyhow....dreamweaver should be able to do that shit for you...i code by hand though...so i wouldnt know the capabilities of dreamweaver...ive heard its a good compiler/builder though....good luck...if youre interested in typing HTML out check out webmonkey.com i learned all my shit there....

okay...disregard...i was a lazy bastard and didnt read the rest of the thread...id go for tables still though....

sectorTVA - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  9. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

i do use tables, but the problem is, i need to be able to have basicaly, three different interchangable windows going in one browser. one main one, then two smaller ones below it that change depending on where you click in the main. make sense? i cant do that with tables. and i cant make it a roll over cause im not trying to have that many images (the bottom windows are just text)...

i normaly cant stand pop ups either, but what it is... its gonna be like a seperate little site... it wont just be one window that you read then close, it'll have a bunch of different pics to click through, read, etc. because of that, i think its perhaps aceptible... who knows though, i'll prolly end up changing it several times over...

10. dosoner

sounds good to me, i enjoy your site alot as it is, as do some people i showed it to, you influenced someone veryclosed tome

11. GorbortOrman

GorbortOrman Guest

GorbortOrman - Replied Dec 25, 2001

name your phramez

12. HESHIANDET

HESHIANDET Guest

HESHIANDET - Replied Dec 25, 2001

a good frameset is key....

13. -Rage-

-Rage- 12oz Loyalist

-Rage- - Replied Dec 25, 2001

Dreamweaver is for pussies. Real men know how to use code AND fast!

-Rage- - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  14. imported_SecretAgentX9 - Replied Dec 25, 2001

really? i wasn't aware of that. i'm sure all the other "professional" programmers that use it weren't aware of that either. interesting.

15. !!!

!!! Guest

!!! - Replied Dec 25, 2001

yo hotshot, here a idea..

learn proper coding (and you will not need a wysiwyg editor every again)..