1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

i dropped out of college again today... and i've never felt better...

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by vinyl junkie, Apr 23, 2002.

1. vinyl junkie

vinyl junkie 12oz Elite Member

Discussion started by vinyl junkie - Apr 23, 2002

i'd been having problems with being super depressed ever since this quarter began. today i woke up, debated going to class, stressed about a paper i had to write, and got pissed (again) about the fact that the only class i like doesn't have the teacher i like this quarter... i finally got in my truck, got to school, and while walking to my first class, turned around, went to the admissions office, and dropped all my classes...
    i feel like an enormous weight has been lifted off me... instead of being bored through class, and depressed that i was there, doing things i had no desire to do, i went and got a haircut, bought a new pair of carharts, and applied for a couple of jobs. then i got tattooed. then i slept for about an hour in the tattoo shop lobby. then me and my tattooer, and a couple other people went and saw dark funeral and cannibal corpse.
    all i have to do tomorrow is buy soap for my tattoo, apply for a couple more jobs, and sit on my ass... and while cleaning my room i found $80 worth of change (yes, $80...), so i'm gonna go buy some spray paint...
    plus i got my travel plans all worked out for this summer...
    it's a good fucking day. i haven't been in this good of a mood for a long time... :)

vinyl junkie - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  2. When

When 12oz Loyalist

When - Replied Apr 23, 2002

well good for you i guess...
    just be sure to get a job or get a sugarmama to support you

When - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  3. vinyl junkie

vinyl junkie - Replied Apr 23, 2002

i have a job garrenteed (wow that's speeled horribly...:eek:), but i don't really want it... but then again it pays $10 an hour... i'm gonna see if i can't find a really fun job this week, otherwise i'm just gonna take the $10 an hour one...
    plus i only need a job for a few months... as soon as july rolls around i'm leaving to travel for a month or two...

4. Pistol

Pistol Dirty Dozen Crew

Pistol - Replied Apr 23, 2002

welcome to the club vinyl junkie. maybe we can be dumpster kids together looking for girls and getting tats. I had been going to school full time since 98. Of course had a few rough semester and then finally I said fuck it and took a semester off. I was getting towards the end and all I had were the classes I had put off and Math. It feels damn good to not have the stress of school for awhile. But I'll probably have to go back during the summer. Except I feel kinda guilty sometimes like I should be in school getting shit done faster.

by the wat what were you going for?

me = Teacher.

Pistol - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  5. When

When 12oz Loyalist

When - Replied Apr 23, 2002

yes get a fun job, cause they shitty boring jobs... shitty boring jobs for a reason

When - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  6. vinyl junkie

exactly, me too...
    i'm (sorry, i was) at a community college, just trying to transfer, hopefully to NYU... do something with music... but i figure mental health is way more important than getting out of school as soon as possible...

7. blame

blame 12oz Junior Member

blame - Replied Apr 23, 2002

ive noticed good moods dont last fuckall the moment you think all things are good, there will be new dilemmas to bight you on the ass

blame - Rank: 12oz Junior Member - Messages:
  8. vinyl junkie

well thanks for shittin on my parade there pal... ;)
    and good mood or not, school was definately making me depressed, so atleast it can't get too bad...

9. Eski

Eski Guest

Eski - Replied Apr 23, 2002

good on ya man , thats one of those things you always think about but never really do...

10. vinyl junkie

one more post before i go to bed...
    i seriously feel different... i almost feel like i'm high. when i said before that i feel like a weight has been lifted off me, i couldn't be any more litteral. i'm actually relaxed, which i haven't been for weeks... i'm covered in bruises from work, but i'm not even sore anymore... i'm relaxed, my head is clear, and i can actually think about one thing at a time, and i don't have thoughts and worries about deadlines and papers and shit barging in... at the moment i have absolutely no resposibiliies... i feel fucking awesome... and, it's only about 3:30 i think, and i'm already going to bed, and soon i'll be asleep... i haven't fallen asleep before 5am in weeks... good fucking times...:)

11. platapie

platapie Guest

platapie - Replied Apr 23, 2002

good work. now you can be here whenever you want.

12. el barto

el barto 12oz Elite Member

el barto - Replied Apr 23, 2002

indeed, your jus like us:D
    the dark side muuhahaha

el barto - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  13. HESHIANDET

HESHIANDET Guest

HESHIANDET - Replied Apr 23, 2002

damnit! i wish i could drop out this mo-fugger

14. BIG T

BIG T 12oz Member

BIG T - Replied Apr 23, 2002

i have been going to school to be a spc. ed. teacher since 1995 (not full time though) but christ almighty im going to be ready to retire before i ever get the damn job!!! fuck it i'll drop out too!):idea:

BIG T - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  15. Devilush

Devilush 12oz Legend

Devilush - Replied Apr 23, 2002

fuck...you just reminded me to go to class tomorrow.

Devilush - Rank: 12oz Legend - Messages: