i dont make alot of recommendations, but...you need to read NAKED...

mental invalid

since youll probably be around borders and other such retailer this xmas holiday season, you should treat yourself, and pick up a copy of david sedaris' book naked....

this is not a universal recommendation....im sure this book would fall on blind eyes and brains...

but for those of you who this is aimed at, i havent read a book like this since breakfast of champions...

be good to yourself, and cop this book.....

thank you......

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...450362?v=glance

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_Tesseract

I'm all over it like a mutherfucker...

HAPPY VETERANISM!!!

Guest imported_Tesseract

see roe, after realising the forthebetter change white stripes brought to my life, i realised that following your recommendations is a good move.

Leave alone the chicks i've hypnotised using your cd's...are we down for a trade0.2?

drop an email bastard

hahaha....im supporting tess date rapes!

hey im just glad you and your ladies dig it....although im sure not all my recommendations have hit the mark, that being said most of the "cop this" that ive gotten from this board have been pretty much right on...

funny thing, i was thinking about that last night....2.0 trade sounds good...

(wheels start spinning)

Guest imported_Tesseract

Ok, this is going to be a good people thread kinda thing...word!

Mental, haha, its not a matter of date rape more than "hypnotising the mind while aiming for the body" situation...haha, its about time i'm sending you a booklet, i owe you that and some assorted goodies.

Dusty!

The mediterannean is chillen under my control, i got the fish on formation and the waves on synchro with the music

Guest Dusty Lipschitz

yea, i havent uploaded them yet.

ill let ninjas know when i do.

im actually going to take another few weeks off for the holidays.

ill be in ny and nm.

i should come thru...

Guest im not witty

david sedaris is fucking comedy gold. naked is no exception. i saw him do a reading from me talk pretty and he had me rolling in the aisle.

Guest Dusty Lipschitz
Originally posted by Tesseract

*grabs hugeass marker and writes "ALL YOU FUCKERS WISH ROE HAPPY V-DAY" or i'm starting a whole new thread*

doowit.

keep the med on lock.

ill be thurr soon.

Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by Dusty Lipschitz

ill be thurr soon.

Just avoid Olympic summer and i'll have a lineup of goodtimes for you and the lady. holla!

i'll check it soon...

i'll also have a targeted suggested reading list for a # of 12ozers coming soon.

i ate too much roughage for lunch.

long dong hollertron

*crosses off more names*

yeah boxcars my friend who got me to read this mentioned that one, as well as another one...he read pretty and the other one over one weekend...he said he has become a sedaris crackhead...

went to go see him speak, and get his book signed...

he signed it:

Rick,

What would jesus do?

Dave

classic ish........

thanks for the shouts gents....

Originally posted by mental invalid

but for those of you who this is aimed at, i havent read a book like this since breakfast of champions...

Breakfast of Champions is my woman's favorite book.

I'll check it out over the holidays. I have about 5 or 6 I want to read .. weeee!

*edit - ohhhh, it's by Sedaris. I've read Me Talk Pretty One Day and fucking loved it. I'll definitely read this .. he's great.

I recommed this: http://www.esquire.com/humor/sedaris/ It's an archive of all of the articles he's written for Esquire.

Do movies about English people count as foreign? Last night, Hugh and I went to see The End of the Affair, a Neil Jordan adaptation of the Graham Greene novel. I had trouble keeping my eyes open because I was tired and not completely engaged. Hugh had trouble keeping his eyes open because they were swollen shut; he sobbed from beginning to end, and by the time we left the theater, the poor thing was completely dehydrated.

I asked if he always cried during comedies, and he accused me of being grossly insensitive, a charge I'm trying to plea-bargain down to a simple obnoxious.

bobbo you made my day mangs.....awesome link....have already forwarded through cyber space.......

*takes another name off*

Guest im not witty

all of his books, holidays on ice and the one with the yellow and blue cover are funny as shit.

and

for those saggin that dont wonk, his sister is amy sedaris, the star of strangers with candy, the grossest and most hilarious show on comedy central. thats a funny fucking family.

*edit

oh and his sister and steven colbert and the guy who plays Mr Jellyneck on strangers with candy all co-wrote a book together called WIGFIELD. its funny as hell too.

for those saggin that dont wonk, his sister is amy sedaris, the star of strangers with candy, the grossest and most hilarious show on comedy central. thats a funny fucking family.

hell yeah.....i loved that show! bring it back!! for the saggin that dont wonk...hahahaha...classic

oh and his sister and steven colbert and the guy who plays Mr Jellyneck on strangers with candy all co-wrote a book together called WIGFIELD. its funny as hell too.

great info drop.....thanks

Guest im not witty

his sister is kinda fine too, for a middle aged women, but then if youre a fan of the show, everynow and then you can see the face of jerri in her face and its totally repulsive.

Archived