i dont give a shit how cliche it is, norma jean and ETID are fucking awesome.

seeking

norma jean:

for some reason norma jean always comes up when people make fun of hardcore/metal now a days, but to be perfectly honest, i think those people are stupid cocking sucking faggots.

ok, i dont mean that at all. gay people are awesome. but you know what else is awesome? norma jean and everytime i die.

glik0 kept trying to sell me on the idea that NJ was not good a while ago. like a banyan tree in a hurricane, i resisted and eventually glik0 caved in and admitted that they are pretty slick. they might not exactly be breaking any new ground, and their new singer might suck assholes through firehoses (i havent heard him) but 'bless the martyr...' fucking r0xx0rs! (i dont know why people put that transposed '0r' in there, but i did it too, cause i dont want to be different). its a dynamic album with brutal 'riffs', a healthy bit of 'chugas', meaty 'breakdowns' and even if they're talking about christ, ya know what? that's cool. i might write a song about christ if i roxxord that hard. of course it might contain lines like 'you can't deflect the jiz'm from hitting you hoss/ when your hands got nails bashed through em stuck to that cross' but i mean still, christ would play a central theme.

if you havent heard them, you should. if you try to hate on them, you should die.

every time i die:

they guys r0xx0r too. and ya know what they do besides rock? they have lyrics that dont suck baby duck dick (technically i believe that would be gossling cock, but i could be wrong). they still talk about alot of the same stuff that other, similar bands talk about, but they do it waaaayy better. it doesn't sound like 10th grade poetry written by girls who spend their blockbuster paychecks on hair dye named 'raven'.

they also have one part in just about every song that almost doesnt exactly 'fit' with the rest of the song, but since it r0xx0rs so hard, it doesnt even matter. they're kind of like 'break' (not breakdowns) from old funk/disco songs. it'll just be an 8 bar segment around the 3/4th's mark where it breaks into a standout rhythm, or a different tempo. it's real awesome. the lryics during these brief periods of outstretched god-arm are also bad ass. it's like being touched by divinity, but instead of just like a cute little tap on the nose, the kind you'd give a friends young daughter, it's a sledgehammer to the balls.

you should go listen to them too.

thats all.

seeks/wolfmans got nads

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whoa wait, I can dig norma jean on an occasion where I dont want to listen to music with any rhythm.

But fucking ETID? Come on man. That shit is really really bad. It's not so much their complete lack of good music, but the kids who follow their music.

All these yeah man xXxBrah CorexXx I wear bandanas at shows (in a serious manner) types.

I dunno. Music I listen to isn't any better. But I KNOW you can do better.

i quit hating bands because of who listened to them back when everyone jumped on the pearl jam 'ten' band wagon. if a lot of wack people listen to them, it just means i wont go to the show, not that ill allow those people to hamper an otherwise good group.

and rage, c'mon homie, don't you listen to slipknot and shit? you're named after a group that hasent put out a worthy album since 1991. they're the 'nas' of the rock world. got a deal before they ever had a show, then fell victim to an egomaniacle front man who wanted to make the music something it wasnt. "renegades of funk?!?!?!"

i'd love to see your guys list of bands that are 'better' and brief explanations explaining why.

if you just want to hate on principal, fine, but norma jean has no rhythm? complete and total hogwash.

bland? this is one of the most diverse albums in the 'genre'. i agree on etid songs running together, but so every other band that sounds like this. infact, so does just about every metallica record (prior to black album) and they're fucking awesome. slayer all sounds the same. hatebreed REALLY all sounds the same.

you guys have really lame reasons for hating bands i love.

In all seriousness I cant even make a rebutle because right now I'm listening to AFI - Porphyria.

It's personal prefrence when it comes to ETID. I really just cant stand that whole rock n roll metal mash genre.

Also, the people in the band themselves, are complete and total dickwads.

Slayer, is crap aside from 4 songs.

Hatebreed, is crap aside from 0 songs.

Terror, is crap period.

a friend of mine was good friends with as i lay dying and etid, who happened to be in town playing at my bar a couple years ago. i'd never heard of either at the time. so we're all sitting at this coffee shop, and i ask if everyone is in town for the big 'emo' show that night....completely oblivious to the fact that i was sitting with the bands.

they were not amused.

ha.

gliks, you'd say i was a dickwad if we werent friends.

fact of the matter is that just about every 'breakdown' band sounds the same. if you like it, you just have to accept it and move on.

you know who sucks though? fucking underoath. those guys are goat humpers.

oh, and i cant believe you guys didnt atleast appreciate my hillarious write up on the bands, even if you dont like them. no one else can write abotu topics you dont give a shit about, and make it as amusing as i can. i fucking r0xx0r!

I don't really dig Norma Jean much, I liked one of their songs when they were called Luti-Kris, or something to that effect. ETID, I listened to them for a while, I thought they were pretty good at what they did. Haven't really listened to them since.

I don't listen to too much of the so called 'metal core' but It Dies Today is good, I guess maybe you can lump Most Precious Blood into this category, really good band. Also Unearth are pretty good, well The Stings Of Conscience was good, Killswitch Engages first 2 albums were good. Adamanitum is also another good band, A Life Once Lost is good as well.

and yes underoath sucks, and they use a zero in their name. So it's Under0ath

On the lines of people hating on these bands, it most liekly has to do with the majority of the crowd that listens to them. You see a lot of guys that wears girl pants and has the long black shaggy hair and all that, the so called 'fashion core kids'. It's pretty lame that 75% of the kids that follow these bands really have no clue of the history of hardcore or metal, but whatever, it's no sweat off my back. I really don't pay attention to this shit anymore

havent heard norma jean..but i dig ETID.

infact they are comming with dillinger escape plan to my town in october...so it will be a good show.

and dillinger is the best "hardcore/metal" act this side of the mason dixon..

because they arent really hardcore or metal...they are the awesom.

seeks...check out ION DISSONANCE. i think you would like them..deffinately the kings of teck metal...they have a great sound!

ion dissonance

i havent heard norma jean since they were ludicris, and they were alright back then. but etid have always been horrible. sorry. they played here a while back and the people who went to the show were idiots. so that just makes me dislike them even more.

here is some good hardcore/crust stuff:

his hero is gone

cress

code 13

from ashes rise

doom

world burns to death

totalitar

amebix

ciril

extinction of mankind

tragedy

hellkrusher

warcry

dropdead

great political lyrics, great music.

i dislike both bands. I do think Norma Jean is bland, and I honestly haven't listened to enough ETID. But, theyt seem to just be really focused on fashion... maybe I'm thinking of some other dudes...

I'm not really terribly familiar with either bands' catalogue, so, I'd wait to pass total judgement, but I wouldn't really pop a boner if they played in town.