---> I don't care what you're doing right now. You WILL watch this TRAILER!!

-Rage-

............Trailers below.............

http://www.returner.net/images/img_main.jpg'>

Film: The Returner

Release Date: October 17, 2003 (NY, LA)

Studio: Samuel Goldwyn Films, Destination Films (Sony)

Director: Takashi Yamazaki

Screenwriter: Takashi Yamazaki

Starring: Takeshi Kaneshiro, Ann Suzuki, Kirin Kiki, Goro Kishitani, Yukiko Okamoto, Mitsuru Murata, Kisuke Lida, Kazuya Shimizu, Chiharu Kawai, Dean Harrington, Xiaoqun Zhao, Masaya Takahashi

Genre: Action, Crime, Sci-Fi, Thriller

MPAA Rating: R (for violence)

DVD/VHS: Available in Asia

Plot Summary: The year is 2084 and the human race is fighting an alien militia to save the last remnant of civilization. A young heroine named Milly (Suzuki) escapes the war and jumps back in time to present-day Japan in an attempt to change history and prevent the demise of her people. Milly's return lands her in the middle of a local crime war between Miyamoto (Kaneshiro), a street-smart gunman, and Mizoguchi (Kishitani), Japan's crime leader. Milly must coerce Miyamoto to help chase down the extraterrestrial and save the human race... but first Milly must convince Miyamoto she's for real. In the visceral, dark, cold world of the streets, these two fight against the evil and ignorance that will destroy everything.

Windows Media (High)

Windows Media (Low)

Real Player (High)

Real Player (Low)

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

oh snap...

I just showed the trailer to a co-worker....

Who's already got the movie on DVD!!!

Guess who will be watching The Returner this weekend!

oh snap again!

So I just showed the trailor to my co-worker who owns the double

dvd he bought in Japan 2 months ago.... and it's not the same movie!

The cover is the same but there was no transforming jumbo jet!

boo-urns!

Originally posted by Swiffer Jet

Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The file is either corrupt or the Player does not support the format you are trying to play.

i constantly get this message since i updated media player.

BOO-URNS to my face.

Never trust Microsoft....ever.

sorry but the returner kinda blows. takeshi kaneshiro is pretty good, they have some nice effects, such as slowing down time, but the girl actor is really subpar. its like hey look what i can do with my computer type movie. if you like films with little story bad acting and interesting effects rent it. lets just say if you never saw it you wouldn"t be missing much. i was bored and had no problem fastforwarding to the action

avalon however is really horrible, like i didnt even want to watch it after the first 5 minutes. its like if you dont have a hollywood budget dont try and fudge like you have a hollywood budget. i was attracted by the director Mamoru Oshii [jinroh, ghost in the shell] and wanted to see how he does in the live action genre. lets just say stick to what you know ---> animation.

if you're looking for asian films. i liked So Close, with karen mok. its the best of the charlie's angels rip offs. its been out awhile but i really like attack the gas station. south korean film about a group of kids taking over a gas station and running it for a night.

Guest diggity
Originally posted by Kilo7-

looks like rage and I are both on the inside for this one.

now here's another one!

AVALON

it's a must see if you liked the Matrix.

I got this on Divx a while back, problem was that it was in some dilect of russian so i couldnt really watch it. it had some pretty cool low budget effects in it, they kinda played out that shatter effect but none the less i would like to view it in english if you got it.

^ yo diggs... it's polish.

There's a good transfer out now with subtitles.

The one thing that really works with that flick is the visual

storytelling. There's not very much dialog and what need to

be said is almost all voiceover. slick flick for sure.

Archived