I CANT WAKE UP IN THE MORNING

~KRYLON2~

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Yeah man I'm the same fuckin way..if I goto sleep at 10..or 4 in the morning I still feel the same shittyness all day long..and I can't wake up by alarm or anything it just doesnt wake me up..so my mom tries to wake me up but I'm like in another world she says I get up and curse her off and shit..but I don't remember any of it. She says she woke me up like 10 times but I'll only remember the latest time. And if I'm having a dream forget it I won't wake up for the end of the world..because it seems like someone trying to wake me up is my dream and I don't know whats reality. I'll sleep through everything parades with firetrucks..fucking storms..fireworks..partys..you name it. I can't really suggest anything helpful though because I don't know. Lately whats been seeming to work is I get home around 3pm..goto sleep around 4..wake back up between 8 and 10pm..then stay up until like 2 or 3am and go back to sleep..and it doesn't seem like I'm as tired as I am when I am on a normal schedule.

I would suggest you stop sleeping altogether...why deal with the pain of waking up when you can just keep on going forever? Crystel meth friend...the way of the future...it'll be like you're living two lives. There's a few small side effects like acne, weight loss and severe mental issues that may crop up but hey, it'll work

Originally posted by ~KRYLON2~

any tips on how to get up quicker......i feel the same in the morning wheather i get 4hrs of sleep or 12hrs.....and i feel like shit for most of the day either way......

dude, i had the same problem when i had somewhere to go in the morning. i would lay in bed and i couldn't go to sleep, even though i had gotten less sleep than i needed the night before, and the night before that. then in the morning i wouldn't be able to wake up fully, for three or four hours. and when i was simply too tired to get up, i only slept for like an hour, even though logic would say that i should have slept for way longer.

the key to waking up swiftly and getting into action requires filling up an old bottle of window cleaning spray with water and putting it within reach of your bed.... spraying your face when you wake up usually does the trick

another method is to put an alarm clock in a really annoying spot where you will need to get out of bed to turn it off because as you all know it wont work if you can reach it from your bed because its too tempting to turn it off

alternatively dont stay up late on 12oz

I start downloading a ton of shit before I go to bed. Usually a huge file or a shitload of albums. When I wake up I'm always curious to see if it finished so I get out of bed and check. And once I'm on my computer I'm up. Getting at least 6 hours of sleep helps too.

Another thing that helps is switching your alarm from beeping to radio periodically. I think eventually you get used to one or the other so you have to keep yourself on your toes.

Everybody download The Beatles song, I'm only sleeping. It's fucking perfect for this situation.

I am the fucking worst for this. I have no willpower. just about every morning I turn my alarm off, turn the lights on, and go "well, I can just lie in bed for a couple more minutes and still make it." then proceed to doze off for another 10/15/20 minutes, then wake up in a cold sweat and run to the shower, get dressed, and run out the door to make my bus to work.

Just to make it right now: I have the alarm at the foot of my bed (have to get out to turn it off), have a magazine with change scattered on it, ON TOP of my alarm, so I have to lift it to turn it off (otherwise knocking it all on to the floor to gain my attention). And if I have to get up EARLIER, I usually have to scatter shit on the floor so I trip on somthing going to the alarm, and/or move the alarm to the hallway so I REALLY have to walk to turn it off.

Even with all these precautions in place, yesterday I was 40 minutes late for work. woke up with the alarm, got up, lifted the magazine,turned it off, layed back down in bed, passed out and came to about 8 minutes after my shift starts. screamed "FOR FUCKS SAKE!' at the top of my lungs and lept into action.

Its amazing I'm not late every day.

i have this problem.

one thing that sort of works to solve this:

download an alarm clock for your computer which is across the room from your bed, make sure it plays mp3s or something, then download some really corny or profane mp3s and before you go to sleep, turn your computer speakers all the way up

it may not go over well with the people you live with but oh well

I also subscribe to the alarm clock far enough away from the bed idea. I have to physically get out of bed to turn it off or hit snooze. That paired with tuning the station into the most obnoxious music or talk program usually does it. Sometimes I'll set the automatic coffee maker and the smell of coffee gets me outta bed.

Originally posted by hottnickels

sleep in a room that gets a lot of morning sunlight

Ugh, I would hate that. Me and my boyfriend's bedroom is in the attic, where there's 2 tiny windows covered with curtains. The room is also painted burgundy and has that cozy attic ceiling shape ^ so its like being in a cocoon or something. We also use the comfiest blankets possible in the winter.

Easy to get up? No, but the sleep is marvelous. I don't think waking up in the morning will ever get easier.

• 7 years later...

Archived