I cant sleep anymore.

oneeightyone

So lately ive been getting a good 3 hours of sleep a night, if that.

I find myself tired all day, i attempt to go to sleep only to stare at the walls and when i get bored of that i go out and stay out, sometimes getting into trouble and just staying awake until work the next morning.

The bags are getting heavier under my eyes and i have this zombied look on me at all times now.

This morning im driving from the house to the office and i go back to the house because i thought i forgot my cellphone, i get to the driveway and realize that im holding it in my hand.

I drink a lot of coffee and sugars to keep me going through the day, the amount of jolt cola and coffee cups on the floor of my car is alarming right now. and at night i work out for about and hour to two hours burning off the sugar and caloric intake of the day.

I spaced out the other day and woke up after i fell forward and banged my face on my desk. it hurt but i just nodded off and passed out for a good hour before my receptionist came in and asked what was up.

Lately ive been having an affairs of the heart issue (if you read my other thread) and it's been making me think too much, and even then when im with the girl i dont even feel like im awake..actually i dont feel like im awake at all anymore, kinda like a dream state, everything is a fuzz and feels like im watching myself in the 3rd person.

i dont want to take any kind of medecine or drugs to knock me out but it seems that's what i might have to do.

anybody feel like this before? or now? what'd you take?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by oneeightyone@Aug 12 2005, 09:45 AM

and even then when im with the girl i dont even feel like im awake..actually i dont feel like im awake at all anymore, kinda like a dream state, everything is a fuzz and feels like im watching myself in the 3rd person.

thats on some fight club shit, just read a book or soemthing bro, that usually helps me when i cant sleep. cuz reading gets the ZZZZZZZZZ.

Originally posted by oneeightyone@Aug 12 2005, 02:45 PM

I drink a lot of coffee and sugars to keep me going through the day, the amount of jolt cola and coffee cups on the floor of my car is alarming right now. and at night i work out for about and hour to two hours burning off the sugar and caloric intake of the day.

this is your problem. and and by night, its too late to burn off that sugar. if you drink that coffe, and work out 5-10 minutes later you wouldnt have a problem with sleep.

i got a cold coffe drink from dunkn donuts and it kept me up the whole night till about 2pm the following day.

so yeah the best solution to your problem is cutting down and eventually cutting out the coffee..its worse for you then you think.

dunkin doughnuts coffee rocks.

anyhow, i've been an insomniac for years now.

i can get it straight for a week or so, then the cycle starts all over again.

i'll be awake all night (good sometimes when i have a lot of work to do) and then all day. i finally burn out after day three. don't get me wrong, i do get sleep, just maybe like 181 said, 3 hours or so. it's torture on the body, so i try and stay all healthy.

my doc won't prescribe me any more ambien. i haven't found another doctor that will help me yet...i don't want a dr. feelgood, but i don't want a stuck up christian conservative either (my current doc).

p.s.: dhabz is correct. melatonin will help you if it's not a chronic problem.

it helps me for a little bit, then my body builds up too much.

Yeah, I've been like that for a while.

About two years ago I was eating tylenol PM to knock me out for about a week straight. That was until one morning I got up with what must've been that 'sleep paralysis' shit. I woke up and could see everything in the room but I couldn't move my body for the life of me. At one point I remember literally thinking to myself 'Okay, now leg.... MOVE!' and trying to kick as hard as I could only to have nothing happen. It ended up taking a good 5 minutes to finally will my body into motion. After that I decided I'd just try as hard as I could to sleep naturally and if it didn't come I'd rather walk around the neighborhood at odd hours than have to wake up feeling nailed to the floor.

For a while I was on 48/12 hour sleep intervals. The store-owners in my neighborhood definately thought I was smoking yellow teeth when I'd stumble in at 7:30am and buy a 6 pack and big ass bag of Dorritos.

I feel your pain, this also has been a on going problem for me. 2 hrs a night on average. I laydown to go to sleep every night at around 12, wake up and 2, then I am up till the time I need to wake up for work at 5. I cut coffee out of my diet to prevent the extra energy. I even tried mediatation. genetically on my father side, all the males have had poor sleep patterns. I walk 2 miles every night to relax myself, and have tried herbal remmodies. being diagnosed with gad as a child has caused alot of anxiosness which in turn has made me a restless sleeper. the next step is to go back on meds. so i feel your pain.

for the most part i only sleep 4-5 hours a night.this has gone on for awhile...sometimes i can go to bed but then after a couple of weeks i can't sleep again..drinking don't work i just stay awake till i'm sober...i think i have started to function normally with no sleep.i would kill for a good 9 hours of sleep..

I've been doing the exact same shit last few days. Partly because of girls and partly because motherfuckers have been keeping me up till ridiculous hours.

Just do all the things people are telling to you do and maybe find something to help you into put all your girl troubles into perspective. (It can easier said than done. I've been looking at contreversial adds by united colours of beneton in lectures. One showed a woman morning her dead son moments after he'd been shot by the mafia in italy. Another showed an african hitman carrying the thigh bone of one of his victims as a trophy. I also went drinking with a bunch of 3rd world mofo's last night. Kind of makes you remember not to waste your time getting wound up over bullshit)

I'm currently goin through the same problem. I get home from work (3rd shift) around 9:15 am, lay down, actually get to sleep around 9:45, wake up a little after 10. I'll get myself to fall back asleep, and wake up about a quarter to 11, then at 11:30, and so forth and so on. Generally, when it gets to be around 2pm, I just give up on the whole sleep thing and sit around the house. I'm getting to the point where nothing seems real now, kind of a tired yet comfortably numb feeling. I can only hope I get back into a regular sleep habit sometime soon.

I've never tried this herbal melatonin but I'm sure that d_habz dirty hippy brother turned him on to this and he knows what he's talking about. ;)

Worse comes to worse I take trazodone. I'll hook you up if you need something that bad. After my g/f passed I was taking this shit every night for.... well like a year. I still take it as needed.

But seriously all that coffee and soda is not helping. You can't sleep at night but you nod off at work? hmm.... You know that all that damn corn syrup in soda metabolizes slower than other sugars so that you keep thinking you are thirsty and drink more? Yeah corporate amerikkka is dirty. I avoid corn syrup as much as possible. That probably has something to do with your sleep woes.

Exercise was also mentioned, and it's true, people who exercise regularly sleep better. Try not to exercise late at night though because it gets your adrenaline and endorphines and shit pumping.... the best time is in the morning, but if you can't hack that, late afternoon, after work.... preferably when the sun is setting because that sun will kill you.

Associate your bed only with sleep. Try not to perform any other activities on it other than sex. Before getting ready to go to bed set an appropriate mood, dim the lights, do something relaxing. Something like playing videogames that requires a high level of mental acuity is not going to help you fall asleep obviously. It is better to sleep at night, because that's how our natural circadian ryhthms are. Our body heals in the late evening, our mind in the early morning.... Though for people working graveyards you can have regular sleep outside of this. I've done various shifts in my day... Try to maintain regularity(sleep, though shitting is important too.. lol) ... practice good sleeping habits...

As a new sleeping pill pops on the market and as advertisements for sleeping aides double from last year, we look at how and why this 24/7 nation is struggling to get a good night's rest.

Guests

Helene Emsellem, M.D., Medical director, The Center for Sleep and Wake Disorders

Carl Hunt, M.D., Director of the National

Center on Sleep Disorders Research, National Institutes of Health

http://wamu.org/programs/kn/05/08/02.php

Gray Matters - The Body Clock

Why do we describe ourselves as "early birds" or "night owls"? Why can't most teenagers get out of bed in the morning? Why do people have more heart attacks early in the morning? The answer is biological clocks.

An internal biological clock is fundamental to all living things. It regulates the daily patterns or rhythms of human life - when we sleep, when we wake, when we feel at our best and at our worst.

Hosted by Garrick Utley, "The Body Clock" presented a detailed overview of the brain structures that regulate body clocks. It described what happens when body clocks go wrong, and introduced the relatively new field of chronobiology. In the process, listeners come to understand why taking medicine should coincide with the body's rhythms, and what the health implications are of interfering with the body's natural rhythms, an issue for everyone living in today's 24/7 world.

This one-hour documentary was sponsored by the Dana Alliance for Brain Initiatives and the program aired December 30th at 8pm.

http://wamu.org/programs/special/04/gray_m..._body_clock.php