Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

I cant sleep anymore.

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by oneeightyone, Aug 12, 2005.

1. oneeightyone

oneeightyone Senior Member

So lately ive been getting a good 3 hours of sleep a night, if that.

I find myself tired all day, i attempt to go to sleep only to stare at the walls and when i get bored of that i go out and stay out, sometimes getting into trouble and just staying awake until work the next morning.

The bags are getting heavier under my eyes and i have this zombied look on me at all times now.

This morning im driving from the house to the office and i go back to the house because i thought i forgot my cellphone, i get to the driveway and realize that im holding it in my hand.

I drink a lot of coffee and sugars to keep me going through the day, the amount of jolt cola and coffee cups on the floor of my car is alarming right now. and at night i work out for about and hour to two hours burning off the sugar and caloric intake of the day.

I spaced out the other day and woke up after i fell forward and banged my face on my desk. it hurt but i just nodded off and passed out for a good hour before my receptionist came in and asked what was up.

Lately ive been having an affairs of the heart issue (if you read my other thread) and it's been making me think too much, and even then when im with the girl i dont even feel like im awake..actually i dont feel like im awake at all anymore, kinda like a dream state, everything is a fuzz and feels like im watching myself in the 3rd person.

i dont want to take any kind of medecine or drugs to knock me out but it seems that's what i might have to do.

anybody feel like this before? or now? what'd you take?

2. Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson New Jack

When I can't sleep I just rub one out, works every time..

3. Dirty_habiT

Dirty_habiT Administrator

Try herbal melatonin... it's your body's natural sleepy chemical that your brain releases when the sun goes down. It works well and won't leave you with a fuzzy/hangover feeling in the morning. I know you said you don't want medications, but I seriously recommend you try this.

4. Balki

Balki Member

thats on some fight club shit, just read a book or soemthing bro, that usually helps me when i cant sleep. cuz reading gets the ZZZZZZZZZ.

5. turbo17livesinhell

turbo17livesinhell New Jack

take 3 days off. stay at your house and dont do anything just fucking sleep and relax

6. shameless self promotion

shameless self promotion 12oz Legend

[​IMG]
    The Machinist.

Badass movie. May parallel what going on. Not exactly, but close.
    I wont ruin the movie, but youll see the connections.

[​IMG]

7. ElectricitySucks

ElectricitySucks Veteran Member

this is your problem. and and by night, its too late to burn off that sugar. if you drink that coffe, and work out 5-10 minutes later you wouldnt have a problem with sleep.

i got a cold coffe drink from dunkn donuts and it kept me up the whole night till about 2pm the following day.

so yeah the best solution to your problem is cutting down and eventually cutting out the coffee..its worse for you then you think.

8. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

dunkin doughnuts coffee rocks.

anyhow, i've been an insomniac for years now.

i can get it straight for a week or so, then the cycle starts all over again.

i'll be awake all night (good sometimes when i have a lot of work to do) and then all day. i finally burn out after day three. don't get me wrong, i do get sleep, just maybe like 181 said, 3 hours or so. it's torture on the body, so i try and stay all healthy.

my doc won't prescribe me any more ambien. i haven't found another doctor that will help me yet...i don't want a dr. feelgood, but i don't want a stuck up christian conservative either (my current doc).

p.s.: dhabz is correct. melatonin will help you if it's not a chronic problem.
    it helps me for a little bit, then my body builds up too much.

9. 26SidedCube

26SidedCube Veteran Member

Yeah, I've been like that for a while.

About two years ago I was eating tylenol PM to knock me out for about a week straight. That was until one morning I got up with what must've been that 'sleep paralysis' shit. I woke up and could see everything in the room but I couldn't move my body for the life of me. At one point I remember literally thinking to myself 'Okay, now leg.... MOVE!' and trying to kick as hard as I could only to have nothing happen. It ended up taking a good 5 minutes to finally will my body into motion. After that I decided I'd just try as hard as I could to sleep naturally and if it didn't come I'd rather walk around the neighborhood at odd hours than have to wake up feeling nailed to the floor.

For a while I was on 48/12 hour sleep intervals. The store-owners in my neighborhood definately thought I was smoking yellow teeth when I'd stumble in at 7:30am and buy a 6 pack and big ass bag of Dorritos.

10. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

haha. yeah, i look that way sometimes.

11. Ethreadzny2

Ethreadzny2 Veteran Member

I feel your pain, this also has been a on going problem for me. 2 hrs a night on average. I laydown to go to sleep every night at around 12, wake up and 2, then I am up till the time I need to wake up for work at 5. I cut coffee out of my diet to prevent the extra energy. I even tried mediatation. genetically on my father side, all the males have had poor sleep patterns. I walk 2 miles every night to relax myself, and have tried herbal remmodies. being diagnosed with gad as a child has caused alot of anxiosness which in turn has made me a restless sleeper. the next step is to go back on meds. so i feel your pain.

12. Dick Quickwood

Dick Quickwood 12oz Loyalist

often i can't sleep when i definately should, i lay down for a long time before i can sleep. another thing that happens, is i go to sleep at a later time each night, and wake up later. sometimes i even end up going to bed at night, and waking up in the morning!

13. UP.6941.

UP.6941. Junior Member

for the most part i only sleep 4-5 hours a night.this has gone on for awhile...sometimes i can go to bed but then after a couple of weeks i can't sleep again..drinking don't work i just stay awake till i'm sober...i think i have started to function normally with no sleep.i would kill for a good 9 hours of sleep..

14. oneeightyone

oneeightyone Senior Member

sleepytime tea. it's midnight right now with 3 minutes, i need to wake up at 7.

gangsta.

15. GLIK$

GLIK$ Dirty Dozen Crew

start working out regularly, even if you do it at night and its just some pushups, dips, and situps.

Start taking daily multivitamins.

It does the trick.