Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

I bought a RV!!

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by CILONE/SK, Jun 8, 2013.

1. CILONE/SK

CILONE/SK 12oz Loyalist

So, I went for a one-nighter on Sunday night. It was pretty uneventful. Drove there, stayed a night, and drove back.

My parents and my brother came. I had a camper site and a cabin site next to it for my parents. My brother rented the cabin next to it, because he did not want to hear snoring.

My Dodge Nitro pulled the RV with no problems. The wind and the passing cars pushed it/me around, so I stayed in the 60-65 range the whole way.

On the way back, I stopped to get gas and it turned out to be bad gas, with too much water in it. Now I am going to change spark plugs tonight because of issues from that. Fuck Chevron.

Also, we went camping in Idaho next to the Snake river. I am thinking about Oregon next.

IMG_0393.jpg

IMG_0394.jpg

IMG_0395.jpg

I know this is not action packed greatness, but it is hard to reach that point with three little kids.

Bertha W. Rosenberg and injury like this.
  2. !@#$%

[email protected]#$% Moderator Crew

i did not

i'm a motel 6 gal.
    though i've slept outside, i have actually never been camping

if you're gonna tick off national parks, and jesus, you named all the best states for them (i can't wait to go to Arches and Zion in UT) get a National Park Pass.
    that said, i have no clue how national parks and RVs work together, but when i'm in the parks, i see plenty of people driving them

http://www.nps.gov/findapark/passes.htm

3. Cool_Hand

Cool_Hand Elite Member

^^^ hard to believe! are you planning on trying it?

4. CILONE/SK

CILONE/SK 12oz Loyalist

Picnicking with friends up in the mountains two weekends ago. Plan to go there with the Trailer sometime in July.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If anyone knows of a easy good photo stitching program, let me know.

5. CILONE/SK

CILONE/SK 12oz Loyalist

This is where I went this past weekend. Drove back a few hours ago.

On the way up
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Saw a deer last night. It came right up to the camp, but it was too dark to get the pic. Enjoy the pic of the eyes.
    [​IMG]

6. theprotester

theprotester Moderator Crew

7. CILONE/SK

CILONE/SK 12oz Loyalist

I am planning on hitting up the national parks. The one that is close to me, I drove thru it today, is free.

If you ever get to this part if the country, let me know.

I saw in that website, that there is a military deal. I need to hit that up before I retire.

8. Sleazeside Heights

Sleazeside Heights Elite Member

9. injury

injury 12oz Loyalist

nice trip!!
    crazy to think you've got a fam.
    "what are all those photos for honey?"
    "oh, nothing"

10. Cool_Hand

Cool_Hand Elite Member

for I_R .. im going to take some pics of my set up for camping this weekend...

I try to head into the bush every weekend...ill post them up on sunday

11. Drue_Down

Drue_Down 12oz Loyalist

Joined: Jan 10, 2005 Messages: 11,210 Likes Received: 1,167
    ^^^ Go camping in the ghetto instead, pack yer heater, promise pics, then don't deliver.

12. Cool_Hand

Cool_Hand Elite Member

got back into town from a long fucking drive on sunday...just getting the photo's uploaded.

The trailer is a 2013 Tailwind 10' tandem axle and right now it is at about 40% of where I want it to be in terms of the build. I am planning on a two year build, and Im about 4 months in. I use it every weekend so it's comfortable for the girl me and the dog. I quickly added some temporary shelving right now, it's ugly but it works, all I have in terms of wood tools is a skill saw and everything has been done with that thus far. Its parked in a carport and thats where I can work on it - Its getting a full set of cabinets and drawers for holding firearms and ammo - food chainsaw and all my shit.

So what I wanted:

Small, tandem axle and a place to put all my shit and the bikes. I wanted a bed, and warmth. So far I have it and I have great sleeps in the bush.

Modifications from stock:

It came as a plywood skinned interior with two lights on the ceiling. It had a vent as well and I have done the following.

commercial grade vinyl flooring
    e track inset into the sub floor
    spray foam insulation
    added a slider window
    wall panneling on top of insulated walls and ceiling
    Solar Panel
    optima deep cycle blue top battery
    Blue see master breaker
    blue sea fuse block
    blue sea negative bus bar
    queen size bed foam mattress that folds up to the wall
    western red cedar trims / baseboard
    3rd aux interior light for the back portion

What I have that is not installed:

LED puck lights for the workspace / counter top
    quick fist mounts for guns, compressed air, fire extinguisher and misc stuff
    LED light bar for back
    LED work lights for outside the man door
    other shit I am forgetting

I was drunk when I took pics so forgive me

[​IMG]

CILONE/SK likes this.
  13. Cool_Hand

Cool_Hand Elite Member

What she looks like when yer rig is on the right road, right bubs? :

[​IMG]

towing the trailer - quad in the truck and my bike in the back

[​IMG]

Drunk - This is looking in the side door, bed is folded up.

[​IMG]

14. Cool_Hand

Cool_Hand Elite Member

Here is the cluster fuck of shelving and some of the shit that goes with us. Not all of that crap is mine, my buddys stuff is all stowed away there too.

[​IMG]

This is what the bed looks like when folded down, I keep the shotgun beside me with slugs in case of bears.

[​IMG]

When you arrive and get drunk you then have to rifle shit outside to make room for the bed. This will change when I build the cabinet for most of the stuff that can stay inside.

[​IMG]

for all the pigs - pack of bacon in the pan.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 16, 2013
  15. Cool_Hand

Cool_Hand Elite Member

it's cold up here-

[​IMG]

MedicineCabinet likes this.