I bought a RV!!

CILONE/SK

Yesterday I had a few beers at my spot with the wife. She has been bothering me about getting a RV since her friend got one a year ago. So, I had a good buzz and said "fuck it" we will go and look at it.

That is what we did. We went home after and proceeded to get drunkz with the same friend with the RV.

This morning I got up and went to look at a bunch of them with a friend of mine.

After visiting a few dealerships, I ended up back at the place from the night before and talked to the same salesman. I figured I would throw a bunch of lowballs and walk away with nothing, because I still was not sold on getting one yet.

The salesman came back and accepted everything. I was like "What the Fuck!!". They even included the trailer hitch, wires and other misc bullshit. It also has enough beds for me and all my kids, which is why i liked that one.

Now I own a RV that I am paying $152.39 a month on.

What should I do to the inside (I am not painting the outside, which i am sure a few of you would suggest)? I do have a full woodshop (see my other thread) and can build shit on the inside with no problem.

Where should I go in the Northwest? The are a few spots within a 100 miles of here, I am sure I will hit up. But I have not really thought about it before now. I figured some of you would know some good spots.

IMG_0382.jpg

IMG_0379.jpg

IMG_0375.jpg

IMG_0370.jpg

IMG_0373.jpg

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, very nice, mate.

Why do you want to start working on the interior right away? I'd use what you've already got on a few trips firstly to get some value out of the kit that's already in there and second to learn what mods you need most through process of experience.

As for where to travel to, I'd suggest somewhere that you can get some exercise in, given the paunch you seem to be sporting :p :p :p

• Like 1

Where should I go in the Northwest? The are a few spots within a 100 miles of here, I am sure I will hit up. But I have not really thought about it before now. I figured some of you would know some good spots.

Vashon Island, WA. It's a really badass place, 15 minute ferry from Seattle. I used to go every summer with my parents. I loved being there as a kid I'm sure yours will too, there's lots of interesting shit on the shore (i.e. geoducks that spray you with water and giant starfish). There are a lot of really nice camping areas as well. Check out the lighthouse and the beach at the Isthmus.

Nice unit!

I take my trailer out as much as I can, there are tons of spots in Rec sites and in non-gov. sites that are great to spend a weekend.

I took an enclosed cargo trailer (tandem axle) and converted it into a toy hauler/sleeper combo. It's got solar power, deep cycle batts and it's an easy pull. (10 feet long)

I try to get out as much as possible man! it's great to get out.

living the dream.

btw it's "I bought an RV" not "a RV" ;p

i loved every single National Park i ever went to.

in the NW, that would include but not be limited to

Olympic National Park WA (amazing. mountains to forest to meadows to jungle to ocean.)

Cascades National Park WA

Glacier National Park MT

and i still need to visit Crater Lake OR.

congrats dude super cool

i have a couple guys i work with who have Weekend Warrior RV/haulers

RV across american is sorta my plan for retirement.

what kind of truck you hauling that with?

congrats dude super cool

i have a couple guys i work with who have Weekend Warrior RV/haulers

RV across america is sorta my plan for retirement.

what kind of truck you hauling that with?

What part of the NW are you looking at traveling in? It is getting into the top of the season here and lots of spots are going to get crowded but can still be worth while.

If you are looking at WA I would do something East of the Cascades and then a Peninsula run perhaps.

Mad Jelly...I've been on the hunt since Fist posted that trailer(?) in duty free..

CL has been no help.

$152 sign and drive, How many months?

It is for 10 years (I have found that is what most loans for RVs are) with no early payoff penalty, which is what I am planning on doing. Because I have great credit, I did not have to put any $ down.