I-BOOK trouble

podrido

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

seeks, yeah i bought it from someone who stole it from this person at starbucks who left their laptop on a table by the exit while the went to the bathroom.

but i figured out that if you re-start the mac holding down the c key it automatically goes into the installation software.

thanks for the response htough.

ehhh, im not feeling this.

if it was some rich frat kid who got too drunk at some party and you pilfered his room, thats one thing, but this shit is pretty weak to me.

i kind of hope it electrocutes you or something.

nothing personal, it's just sort of like stealing bikes...shit is bad juju.

ok so none of you would ever buy stolen merchandise? riiiiiiiight

and really who the fuck is going to leave a 1000$ dollar machine slipping for that amount of time. if it was me i wouldnt have taken it but i need a damn laptop so i took up the chance. and yeah i bough it for 150$ g3 12" i book it was some 14 year old girls so hate me even more bitches.

dont you guys vandalize?

Originally posted by podrido@Jan 14 2005, 03:42 AM

ok so none of you would ever buy stolen merchandise? riiiiiiiight

and really who the fuck is going to leave a 1000$ dollar machine slipping for that amount of time. if it was me i wouldnt have taken it but i need a damn laptop so i took up the chance. and yeah i bough it for 150$ g3 12" i book it was some 14 year old girls so hate me even more bitches.

dont you guys vandalize?

even a thief has his boundaries.

karma is a bitch.

i bought a digital camcorder my friend stole from some family... i had horrible luck the next few months til i got rid of the shit. it wasnt worth the hundred i paid for it. i mean it was value wise, but not worth it as far as karma goes.

im not saying you made a bad move, i could care less really, and im sure everyone else doesnt care as much as they are claiming to...

im not big on stealing though because i work hard for my shit and i wouldnt want someone to jack my ass. granted im not stupid enough to leave something of that amount lying around, but you get the point.

good luck.

I never steal from regular folks. When I was 11 I stole this sweet pen from my piano teacher, it broke a week later, and then someone stole my pencil case. How do you know that the 14 year old girl didnt borrow that from her parents? Or older brother or sister to do some homework?

Sure it wasn't smart for her to leave it sitting out while she went to the bathroom but that doesnt mean you're mate should take advantage of a kid like that.

I hear you podski.

See if it was some beat up old thinkpad that looks

like it's been to war, well then you know you're really

fucking with someone's life. A brand spanking new ibook?

Either some teen will have to type those term papers at

home or some techwank will have to buy a new book to

impress the other virgins in the IT dept. There might be

soome bad 'juju' but there's a lot worse things to do.

Back to stealing some old beat up notebook....

you'd probably end up with the only copy of some dude's

thesis paper for his PHD or some novel that took some lady

the past 10 years to write (with out backing it up). That juju

would haunt you for years, but a shiny new iStatus book??? nope.

holy shit a 10 year dialog hahah amy boss is writing a script for some zombie movie hes workin on and some idiot accidently shut down the computer cause his myspace account wasnt loading fast enough when in fact it was cause toomany apps were running ,hahahahahahahah thats some bullshit ,he been workin on that thing fro quite sometime that day hed been on a roll but had to leave to caffeinate himself damm that sucks

from vice mag

2.gif

1.jpg

The other night my friend called me to let me know that a crazy black crackhead had just tried to sell him a brand-new G5 laptop right out in front of that huge liquor store near Astor Place. He hadn't investigated it at all, but I had been looking for a cheap computer and was in the area, so, why not?

Of course we couldn't find the guy, but as we were standing there on the corner about to give up, this really freaked-out NYU-looking kid walked by us in an erratic circle. I made eye contact with him, and it lasted just long enough for him to ask, "What's up?" in this "What's up, motherfucker? You want to throw down? I will school you, bitch!" voice. When I said I was looking for someone selling laptops, the guy's eyes bugged out, he looked me up and down, and then he lost all his steam and stared at the ground. "I got hustled" he said. "I spent $200 on this thing because my computer's a piece of shit and I really need a new one for school. Now I'm broke. Now I'm really fucked." All I could think of was to shrug and say, "It's New York City," like that would make him feel better, but he threw his bag in the garbage without looking up and walked off.

After he left we dove into the garbage to see what the crackhead used to rip him off. Was it a brick in a laptop box? That's what they used to do with video cameras. Was it a real laptop that had no insides? No, it was way better than we ever imagined. It was a real iBook box, with a bunch of Village Voices for weight and the greatest piece of shit ever made. A fake laptop made of gray garbage bag and cardboard, spray-painted platinum silver and finished with A HAND-PAINTED APPLE LOGO DONE IN WITE-OUT. Aaah ha ha ha. What did you think it was going to be, a brand-new computer with GarageBand, iMovie, Microsoft Office, and 2GB of extra RAM? What a fucking idiot that kid was, and what a work of art this is. Thank you, Crack God.

TIM BARBER

what does it fuckin matter if it was an ipod ,hey i read that story that shit was halarious we get alot of crack heads coming intomy job selling shit alot of the times they got good shit i slipped one day and passed up a set of all three seasons of the sopranos for 40 bucks the piercer at my shop hopped up and fucked up my hustle(iwas trying to talk the guy down ) man you dont know if when you get home theyre blanks with printeds covers shit im still pissed .now i just tell crack heads im gonna hook them up take them in a alley and take them for theyre shit a crook steals from a thief i dont know how that saying goes it makes sense in spanish" ladron le roba al ratero "