Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

I be brewing my own BERRRRRR!!

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by ClueTwo, Jan 7, 2008.

1. theprotester

theprotester Moderator Crew

It can't beat all grain brewing when done right, but at home, using a malt extract is definitely the way to go. That is the cream of the crop right there.

Haha, I am an Administrator of a national Subaru club over here, we see the weirdest shit come from the states.

2. theprotester

Haha, I'm not even going to bite at the New Zealand reference, I'm in the west, we literally do not give a single fuck about rugby.

3. KILZ FILLZ

KILZ FILLZ Moderator Crew

Those pales we have done have been all malt extract

Winning?

4. theprotester

You really need to be going hard to justify all grain mashing. It's a bit hipster when not done correctly. Best way to learn and get into the science of it, is through malt extract. Wankers will fuck on about it not being the real deal, but ignore them - if someone says that to you, you can tell them a brewer from Australia says that 'you're full of shit'.

5. KILZ FILLZ

The guy teaching me is in his mid 50s and not a hipster
    Although he wears Hawaiian shorts and sandals hahahah
    Maybe a hipster before they were cool? Lmao

Uses malt extract because he's found it to be te best way to go

6. KILZ FILLZ

I love that guy tho
    47 brews under his belt and brought me in to keep the torch lit.

50 batches now! Fortunate to come into it with a notebook of that much knowledge. I do not take it for granted. I am a student.

Edit - I know you're not hating. My comments are not hating either. 'Spect

Last edited: Jan 5, 2014
  7. theprotester

Yeah I know you're not hating. It really is a hobby that experience holds more weight than anything, so it's awesome that you've found someone in the know.

We get a bit closed off about our brews sometimes, but if someone shows real interest I am happy to let them play on my brewhouse.

Speaking of which, where the fuck is crimestoppers?!

8. KILZ FILLZ

9. ~KRYLON2~

~KRYLON2~ 12oz Loyalist

I got a buddy that brews beer with his girlfriend. I usually do the stirring while they figure out the ingrediants. Definitely a job that is worth its effort. I love getting paid in beer, that is as long as it comes out properly