I AM GOING TO MURDER THE ENTIRE FUCKING UNIVERSE

Guest imported_El Mamerro

I AM IN DEEP, DEEP SHIT.

AFTER WORKING FOR ONE MONTH NON-STOP ON THIS VIDEO FOR A BBOY EVENT THAT SO FAR MEANT EVERYTHING IN THE WORLD FOR MAMERRO, SPECIFICALLY HIS FUTURE, MY COMPUTER DECIDES TO SIMPLY CRASH ALL OF A SUDDEN. IT'S OK, CAUSE COMPUTERS CRASH OFTEN. HOWEVER, AFTER RESTARTING, THE GODDAMN COMPUTER DECIDES THAT IT DOESN'T WANT TO RECOGNIZE MY EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE, WHERE ALL MY VIDEO FILES ARE STORED. IT JUST ASKS ME IF I WANT TO EITHER INITIALIZE (ERASE ALL THE DATA IN IT) OR EJECT THE DISK.

Considering the amount of work I have put into it, and all the hype I've created online about it (go here to watch the trailer), I think it's almost fair that my eyes are watering right now. Pretty much all of my work is absolutely unreachable, unless someone knows of a clever way to get a Mac to recognize a disk. I'm gonna call the hard drive's company tomorrow, and if they can't solve the problem that just cost me my goddamn future, someone's getting a (insert federal mail-related offense here, which I won't describe so I won't get tracked down by FBI bugs).

If none of you can help (I'm banking on Zesto... dude, you're getting a 18" x 22" full color robot poster on illustration board if you can help me out), then I wish every single one of you a slow, painful, excruciating death hopefully involving salami. As you can see, I'm pathetically trying to hold on to my sense of humor here, but it's an awfully shitty situation I'm in right now. Please just fucking die and rot away, not necessarily in that order. Cyanide,

El Mamerro

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i dont know shit man sorry, but i would just not touch a thing and send your shit to a professional, talk with the guy, make sure he dosent erase it, and do the best you can to salvage it. good luck bro.

i am only here to add to the useless comments to further agrivate you...

nah, for real though - sorry i can't help.

It's good though, I'm craving sympathy like a motherfuck right now, no shame whatsoever. At least go look at the trailer and tell me it's hot. It'd make my day, seriously. Beer,

El Mamerro

Guest -MOE LESTER-

bleh....seriously....describe the problem a little better

the computer wont read the hard-drive?? take the harddrive out, put itinto a fucking static electricity proof bag...and try it on another mac

Originally posted by -MOE LESTER-

maybe you coukld try the external harddrive on another mac??

This would be a good first step. If the other Mac recognizes the HD then

the problem is with your computer. If it doesn't, then the problem is in

the drive itself.

If that's the case there are a lot of companies that specialize in data recovery.

Just don't mess around with the drive until you recover your data.

ok if it's on a disk or a drive ....which is external of course...then just reformat ....reformatting only affects your immediate in house drive...your os might not be running right..thats all..

Wilt... wouldn't reformatting the hard drive completely erase all the data in it? At least that's what I've come to understand.

I'm gonna try the whole steez on another Mac tomorrow. But would another Mac be able to immediately recognize this drive? Whatever, I'm calling the techs first thing tomorrow, I'm sure things will go fine.

Grandola, did you go to the link I put here (which takes you to a different forum), and click on the link there? It downloads fine for me. If anything, hit me up, SN Mamerroid on AIM, I'll send it to ya. Beer,

El Mamerro

Damn, bruddah .. I'm really sorry. I feel for you.

I'm drunk as fuck and I've been trying to download the file you have specified for the past 15 minutes. I get the ZIP file, but apparently nothing is in it ... ? I dunno. I open up the extracted folder and it's empty, even though it shows a size of 4 megs.

IM me, homey. Did you get the CDs?

good luck mams its those fuckin macs ive always hated em and always will with their stupid fuckin apple key.. see a PC will crash alot but it wont pull shit like that. like you said try it on another mac and it shoudl recognize it and if it doesnt dont do anything with it and dont call the company their probably a bunch of bumble fucks you need to take it to a tech. trust me you can get it back as long as YOU dont fuck it up so dont touch shit... good luck man

Guest imported_Tesseract

Holy shit bro, thats a nightmare. I sympathise and understand your feelings BUT, there's no way you've lost ALL your data. Most likely the HD crashed and a segment is destroyed...however i know that the 'technicians' have ways to dig up the files.

I hope everything will work bro.

btw, fuck a macintoch if it crashes, the difference in money is suposed to guarantee that...

is it a problem with the comp recognizing the hd only?

perhaps "rent" a identical hd from the store let it initialize it or whatever it needs to do, then try the old switcheroo and it might work. then return the one you just bought.

LAZARUS DATA RECOVERY

24 HOUR # 1-800-341-3282

379 Clemente Street, San Francisco, CA. 94103

www.apple.com/switch

Guest BROWNer
Originally posted by Poop Man Bob

I've been trying to download the file you have specified for the past 15 minutes. I get the ZIP file, but apparently nothing is in it ... ? I dunno. I open up the extracted folder and it's empty, even though it shows a size of 4 megs.

exact same here..this isn't the first time either.....there was somethin' else

you either posted or sent me or somethin' somewhere along that did the same

thing as well...??..anyhow, good luck..as to reformatting, i believe they

can keep all the files no probs, but can't keep the programs unless you have the

actual original install disks.

Guest imported_Tesseract

Steve Austin is right, a friend of mine saved some files from a crushed HD with norton utilities, however just because he did it by his self he also destroyed some other files that could be saved by an expert.

Leave it to pros, i'd say

About the trailer... for some bizarre reason which I couldn't figure out, after unzipping the file you have to open like 7 folders in a row to find the trailer itself.... it's like it mirrored the computer's folder arrangement and has a folder for "C", a folder for "end user", a folder for "Documents and Settings", "Desktop", etc. Move the scroller bars on the windows, the folders might be hiding in little corners of it. If that doesn't work, eat a bag of death, or IM me.

Tech support has been contacted, they should be getting back to me soon. I hope everything turns out OK, otherwise, data recovery here I come. Beer,

El Mamerro

Guest --zeSto--
Originally posted by IzzeWST

If that's the case there are a lot of companies that specialize in data recovery.

Just don't mess around with the drive until you recover your data.

^ do that!

(the trailor is hotness!)

Archived