I am going to fly...

Guest 87centHitMan

Guest 87centHitMan

It might sound stupid, but I'm determined to rig something up with so many helium ballons that I can either jump tens of feet in the air at a time, or enought so that I will just float indefinitely...One cubic foot of helium can lift 28.2 grams. A 12-foot in diameter baloon can lift 57 pounds. A 24-footer can lift 455 pounds! So If I do the math, determining on the person's weight, I'm sure that I can pull this off within the next couple of months...I'll need lots of money. Be prepared for pictures soon enough! I will do this, I swear. What does everyone else think?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

HOLY SHIT!!!!! DO IT DO IT DO IT!!!!!

do you know how neat that would be to fly like that around your town. if you are going to use one huge balloon you should also have a gas release and a spare gas tank connected to a valve so you can control your alititude.

You got my seal of approval

Guest amorphic

Depending on what region of the U.S. you live in, local bystanders might mistake you for a Kamikaze Taliban Balloon Terrorist*, and shoot at you. Be careful.

*A.K.A. K.T.B.T.

Originally posted by amorphic

Depending on what region of the U.S. you live in, local bystanders might mistake you for a Kamikaze Taliban Balloon Terrorist*, and shoot at you. Be careful.

*A.K.A. K.T.B.T.

Kamikazee Taliban and balloons dont mix...they'd bounce right off the buildings!

Guest Stapler

A while ago someone got lifted hundreds of meters into the air when they were trying to pull something like that off. They fucked up and could not get down, so if you are going to try it get a parachute at least. The person eventually got down after they popped single ballons at a time just enough to let him down slowly.

Wait I never said any of that strap a video camera to your head and do it then post the video on 12oz for a bunch of unknown people to laugh at you..................DO IT NOW:D :D :D

Guest 87centHitMan
Originally posted by Stapler

A while ago someone got lifted hundreds of meters into the air when they were trying to pull something like that off. They fucked up and could not get down, so if you are going to try it get a parachute at least. The person eventually got down after they popped single ballons at a time just enough to let him down slowly.

Wait I never said any of that strap a video camera to your head and do it then post the video on 12oz for a bunch of unknown people to laugh at you..................DO IT NOW:D :D :D

Yes, that guy won the 'darwin award' for stupidest person of the year. Usually you have to get killed doing something like that to win, but they made a special exception for him. He tied way too many baloons to his lawnchair...He brought a 6-pack of beer, sandwiches, and a pellet gun to shoot the baloons so he can get down...He expected to float over his backyard for a while and then come down, but as soon as he realeased the anchor he shot up into the air rapidly and continued to climb till he was so high that he was thousands of feet above the ground, and he was freezing to death. He had already caught Hypothermia by the time an airplane's radar spotted and rescued him...That's why you need to plan these things a little better. And it does sound stupid, I guess. But I would get some mad credit if I pull it off...Which I Plan on doing...

Guest 87centHitMan

Re: Re: I am going to fly...

Originally posted by Dirty_habiT

Yeah, right out of my ass lookin like a monkey, into a frozen over hell.

You Wish

Guest imported_El Mamerro

You gotta be dressed as a clown, and with some sort of harness that makes it look like you're holding all the balloons with one hand.

If you're gonna do it, do it the right way. Beer,

El Mamerro

Guest 87centHitMan
Originally posted by El Mamerro

You gotta be dressed as a clown, and with some sort of harness that makes it look like you're holding all the balloons with one hand.

If you're gonna do it, do it the right way. Beer,

El Mamerro

Oh my God, thanks! That's a good one. Funny shit...But I really do wanna try this. That would just be the most ridiculous shit I ever pulled.I'm thinking if I just use lots of Little baloons I can pop them one at a time If I want to descend...I wonder how much this is going to cost me? It'll be at least a two person job. Maybe either in two weeks or two months. Depending on how my money situation is. We'll just have to wait and see...

Archived