I aint got a damn clue.

Slickback

I wanna get into the graff scene. I need a hobby, something to do. I got a lot of friends that go around and tag shit up and it looks really fun. They're good, too. I wanna be able to start doing it and be included. How do I get into it? I don't really have a lot of art skills at all, but I'm willing to work on that. I know I need to find a name, and I've read a lot of the topics around here and learned plenty, but I don't know where to start and how to get into it. Any help?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

in all seriousness though, just get out there and do shit. you'll never learn anything much from sitting behind a computer screen, so get out with these friends of yours and get em to teach you to write (sure, they'll rag on all your shit, make you pay for buff coats/rack for them, then make you paint a diff carrage when panelling, but that builds character), and generally keep your head down and your ears open.

Here are some good names for you to start with....I don't think anyone has ever used them....

Seen

Revok

Saber

Norm

Loomit

Daim

Sever

Steel

Buff Monster

Or you could take a wacky culture icon....say....like....hmmm, I dunno....lesseeee.....oooo, got it..... Andre the Giant and make a bunch of stickers and wheatpastes with his face and put them up EVERYWHERE.

Pick one and run with it.

Originally posted by NeRVe54@Feb 28 2006, 03:38 AM

and let everyone know your a writer so the title circulates...

oooo, yeah, how could i forget this important piece of advice!!

Make sure you always casually drop the fact you're a "hard core bomber" into conversations....guys will jock and girls will want to have sex with you.

always keep paint on your hands...wet paint...it makes you look badass and you can claim to everyone that you painted peices all over town even if police walk by throw it in their face and point to a peice as long as they didnt see you paint it they cant do anyhting and chicks will think your a total rebel and want to give you dome

oh yeah also write your real name...no one will suspect you...cause thatd be stupid

Guest -MOE LESTER-

you cannot just pick up a marker and become a writer

every 3 months in cities around the world, you must stalk the streets at night untill you find a mysterious glowing bunny rabbit. it will lead you to the door of truth. you must tag your name on the door of truth, and if it likes you, it will open and you will be lead into the secret underground world of "taggers". in it you will be transformed into super mario and you will have to beat 5 levels in 10 minutes on hard. make sure you kill bowser quickly, if you dont kill him in 2 minutes you will not have enough time to pass. if you cannot pass, your hands will be cut off and your mother will touch you at night.

i hope this helps. good luck sport.