Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

I <3 heep hope

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Vanity, Dec 5, 2003.

1. Vanity

Vanity Veteran Member

alright.. corny as it sounds.. i love hip hop.. every aspect of the "culture"... even though thte concept of a culture based on music disgusts me.

rapping: craziness.. way better than written poetry... more complex, ltos of originalit (lots of unoriginality too...), writtens, freestyles, whatever... i love the hunger... and experiments in flow... lyrical complaxity is way superior to anything other genre (except, perhaps, speken word... probably comes out of the lack of emphasis on emotion).

djiing: i get geeked when i hear some fresh cuttin, wave twisters is unlike anything i've hear before (even though i actually didn't like it as much as more "generic" stuff), beat juggling and how fast some of these
    kids are gets me hyped

bboying: i've always been way jealous of these cats because they can do w/ their bodies what many songs make me feel like doing (granted, a lot of em jus tdo it for pussy/ego boosts.. but yeah). i tried for about a year.. i can 6 step and brooklyn rock, but im just too fat for it.

beatboxing: most slept on thing in music.. so many possibilities, once again.. quite jealous of those that are good.

production: seems like everyone's into it these days... but whatever... hard to comment on this since it varies so much, but when i bump some old soul or jazz record, it's the "hip hop" aspect of it that gets me

graff: yeah, it's pretty lame in a hiphop context, but yeah.. (wierd how this is the part i gloss over considering the context)

bu tyeah, it's corny.. but i love it all... from the electo grimey oldschool to the backpacking egos to the beats of cash money.

2. 455

455 Guest

KrushGroove.

3. Vanity

Vanity Veteran Member

oh yeah... and it's the beatnuts remix of common's breaker 1, 9 that made me feel like making this.

4. 455

455 Guest

Got it. I think I'll throw that on and chill.......listen to Diamond D's remix of Special Ed-"Lyrics"

5. Vanity

Vanity Veteran Member

haven't heard that.. i have the primo remix though.. and it's bangin.

6. 455

455 Guest

hahaha......Blood Of Abraham-"Stabbed By The Steeple"

7. Vanity

Vanity Veteran Member

i never bothered w/ them.. the name always detered me, like they were on some uber black power tip (im pretty sure abraham was black).. but i've heard they are good
    dobule dee and steinski-lesson 1 (the globe and wizkid remix... which was actually a contest winner to a remix, which the company didnt like becaaue it was made by 2 white guys in their 30s)
    ^^ im a nerd.. this thread was also inspire dby old milwuakee :krunk:

8. BROWNer

BROWNer Guest

yea, i will second most of that....
    cornballin'. i'm not nearly as into
    it as i used to be, but i still throw
    it on daily.

9. Vanity

Vanity Veteran Member

my mistake was listening to shit before my generation
    edan-tribute 88

10. TEE_rase_war

TEE_rase_war Senior Member

good thread man, I agree, although as time wears on I am becoming more partial to a wide variety of tunes. let just say this, if and when I do own an ipod there will be gigs upon gigs commited to hiphop. for me I love the westcoast stuff, project blowed, Ab, Freestyle fellowship, . . .

my 2 bits